Free the whales?

Help!

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The phrase "lmao" baffled me for about a year. I thought it was a form of calling someone a lame-o in E-language. :oops:

so, 99 hunting skill cape emote?

Shooting yourself, then eating your own meat.

Krj123 - Retired as of February 12, 2007. I've permanently left Repetitivescape for WoW. Fun while it lasted.

I get called a choob everyday it seems....what the hell is a choob!?

Yes please someone clear this up? Lol. I'm pretty sure it's yet another (brings the count to about infinity now) form of the word "noob".

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

"rocking" is a bit of a stretch.

...though the "lobbies" "swordies" phenomenon isn't a surprise. Any phrase by itself may seem ridiculous but take the total of the items sold everyday and you will find that pluralizing them makes communication much easier.

Many times the abbreviations help out our less than stellar spellars* #-o though any intentional shortening of a word has linguistic origins that are worthy of a research paper or two.

This topic honestly should get more attention than it is likely to get -- please remind me to search a few JSTOR <3: articles to jog my memory... :lol:

* Just don't post. Just don't.

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

I never understood the whole "ftw" thing. It took me a long time to realize what people were actually saying, like a few others it seems. But, to be honest, I never really thought a game show like Hollywood Squares would be a trendsetter for online gaming, lol.

"I'll take Whoopie Goldberg, for the win!"

I get called a choob everyday it seems....what the hell is a choob!?

Yes please someone clear this up? Lol. I'm pretty sure it's yet another (brings the count to about infinity now) form of the word "noob".

choob = high lvl noob

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

Swordies

pwn as in own as in Owned. Can't stand it when someone says i pwn u!!`11!1

Can't think of any more that hasn't been said already.

Ok people, here is what choob means.

Choob

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

The word choob can refer to a number of things, including:

* Look choob or loog choob, a Thai sweetmeat where soy beans are mixed with coconut, formed into the shape of fruit or vegetables, and coated with gelatin. [1] [2]

* Key Choob, the brand name for a tube made from neoprene that is placed around all but one key on a key ring. This allows a motorbike rider to avoid scratching their bike's paintwork. [3]

* Choob, the common phonetic pronunciation of tube, a Scottish slang term denoting a foolish person. [4] Choob, a Scottish word describing a person committing or about to commit a foolish act.__Commonly heard in the Scottish offshore oil industry describing inexperienced or clumsy workers

* A rare variant of the word n00b or newbie.

Kinda knew that, but why a Choob =\ easier to say noob.

296kver.png

Credits to Skully Sc for the signature.24picns.png

What bothers me the most is how people type "buy lobbies" or "sell lobbies" instead of "buying" or "selling."

Exactly. This one is what i absolutely HATE!

If they say "Buy lobbies!"

Then i am to take it as they are commanding me to buy some lobsters?

Not just for lobsters, for everything... "Buy guthan", "sell guthan"

Who are you to tell me what i should buy, lol?

Actually i understand what they mean, but i always say to them: "Don't tell me what i should buy, dude." And then they are ALWAYS confused and call me a noob. :(

Margus.png

I hate how people say 'buy sharks' or 'sell sharks' I don't know if they're giving an order to people to sell sharks or they're so illiterate that the can't put selling or buying . So I just don't bother with them :o

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

I hate how people say 'buy sharks' or 'sell sharks' I don't know if they're giving an order to people to sell sharks or they're so illiterate that the can't put selling or buying . So I just don't bother with them :o

Yeah, thats exactly the same thing i posted just before you. :D

You are 100% correct, too.

Margus.png

fr33 st00f pl0x

as opposed to

free stuff please

or even

free stuff plz

it requires less thinking to type stuff without "leet" language. Much less it's way less annoying.

the other day i saw this guy in fally w2 saying

:Buying Runite Platebody:

i was like....wow..

we were given this privledge to get easy exp, everything has a cost.

I just saw someone say "tomoz". I can only guess it means "tomorrow". :wall:

I saw a guy in Seers trying to sell flax, at first he went "sell flax 20k", but after standing there for a few minutes (I was fletching), he started going "I'm selling 200 pieces of flax for 20'000 gold pieces". I was so pleased I bought it off him even though I didn't need it.

gerthdyncu0.gif

Thanks to Star for the sig! | Click here or on the sig for my tewtally cool blog!

Dh for Dharok has to be one of the worst. Abby whips for abyssal whips is pretty bad as well. Most text messaging lingo such as 'wut' and '4' is pretty pathetic too. I type everything out even on my cellphone and these kids can't type one more character to make 'what.' It's kinda sad if you ask me.

Personally, I'd rather spell everything out so I don't look like an illiterate or a 12 year old. In game and irl :P

I happen to be twelve. People have to stereotype twelve-year-olds, don't they? >>

Anyway, I always found that 'buy lobbz' and 'sel lobbz' are the most annoying, but 'Dh' for Dharok armour is irritating too--I keep thinking dragonhide. :/

What does HYT mean? I see so many people saying it. Can you please send me this in my in box,

Thank you,

~Joe.

it means "hey you tipiter", meaning people who are on tip it forums or on world 99

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

"Nfs"

When I first got membership, I always thought that it meant "No, [bleep] sake" :wall:

That's funny, i thought the same thing, lol.

I answered rudely to whom said "nfs", haha. :D Stupid me, back then.

Margus.png

Dh for Dharok has to be one of the worst. Abby whips for abyssal whips is pretty bad as well. Most text messaging lingo such as 'wut' and '4' is pretty pathetic too. I type everything out even on my cellphone and these kids can't type one more character to make 'what.' It's kinda sad if you ask me.

Personally, I'd rather spell everything out so I don't look like an illiterate or a 12 year old. In game and irl :P

I happen to be twelve. People have to stereotype twelve-year-olds, don't they? >>

A stereotype is always generally speaking. Which means there are always exceptions. Don't get offended by it, deal with it. You know just as me that we don't mean people like you. But well, other people.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

Abby whip (as opposed to what...?)
:lol: thats a good one. The first time I heard that name I thought they were talking about some girl :oops:

I remember a phrase for the Abbey National bank. "Be the envy of your friends with an Abbey." I can't help to put a "whip" on the end. :lol:

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.