Things in Runescape that cost a ton, but are cheap in RL

Ralvn

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wall: Lets not forget that the runescape money those not have the same value as american dollars. in rs the money is gp (gold pieces) wich is worth pretty much more then a dollar. And the party hats, halloween masks and so on is worth much more in rs then in rl becouse of the rarity of the item... simply. :mrgreen:

I agree. Who said it would be American dollars? Why not the Euro or Sterling pounds, or Yen?

And since Runescape is not based on real life, it can not be compared to real life. I think dragon bones are a bit more expensive IRL?

There was a thread like this before, and you cant really compare real life prices with rs prices.

That would've been my topic. I tried to find a reletive conversion rate between GP and american dollars using a diamond ring, but everyone kept talking about discontinued items (which we all know JAgex didn't mean for them to become half-mil items) and I ended up having it locked.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

The items that you say would be worthless in real life, would be worthless in runescape too, if they weren't discontinued.

Discontinued items are in Real Life also, they are worth a lot too.

hmmm...that is true

ie: Old baseball cards here in the United States, or even signed items.

They are discontinuted thats why they are worth a lot.

Break

BlueSig3.jpg

Whip 2.5 Mill in rs?

Like probs ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã50 or $100 in real life

I have weird friends, so I actually know that the price of a good quality rl whip is around ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã900.

boratto.jpg

hmm things that are cheap in runescape but expensive in real life...what about...a kitten, not only is it only 100gp whereas in real life they are what? ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã100 i dunno, but as for food....you don't even feed cats in rs irl you'd get put away if you didn't feed your cat

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Your expensive list makes sense, but is flawed since anything that is limited in number may become valuable.

But for your cheap list:

Bones I think. I mean, you could go graverobbing or something, or find dinosaur bones, and bury them, :thumbsup: , lol

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

well, tell gold bars, they are worth about 300gp, just think about it, that's a lot right?

gp = gold piece, and 300 gold pieces is really a lot!

i remember doing a hand in the sand quest, and bert there, had 50gp a week i think it was, it's just us adventureres been rich that can afford such things ^^

Scherzo.png

hmm things that are cheap in runescape but expensive in real life...what about...a kitten, not only is it only 100gp whereas in real life they are what? ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã100 i dunno, but as for food....you don't even feed cats in rs irl you'd get put away if you didn't feed your cat

In the U.S., or at least around where I am, people give kittens away all the time.

Current goal: Getting enough prayer pots to finish my last four quests.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies and flashlights.

jt+mirage.png

In the U.S., or at least around where I am, people give kittens away all the time.

Our kitten cost ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã15.

But, if you get one of the more expensive breeds, they can cost a lot

boratto.jpg

Woah, imagine the amount of houses you could buy by selling a blue p hat in RL and then buying houses for 1k each... Imagine the shock you would get, buying a packet of christmas crackers and being charge over 800million for them :shock:

crunchbag.png

Proud owner of Legends Cape since 10.03.07

Completed Desert Treasure on 21.03.07

First achieved Quest Cape on 14.08.07 at 89 combat