if charms had a price...

nickeley102

what would it be?

sorry i cant give you my own estimate, but i would love to hear yours!

I was hoping you guys could make an educated guess based on information like this, albeit crappy peice of info, crimson would be like coal, the main lvling source but more expensive because its harder to get and worth more experience.

I understand that it would be still settling after the release of the update, a settled price would be nice.

P.S this didnt go in questionaires because i know there will be a lively debate.

i havent seen a topic like this before, i am asking because i am getting on average about 50 crimson charms per trip of cockroaches, taking about an hour along with about 100k of other items. And i am only using 20 monkfish per trip, i want an estimate of my total earnings per hour to compare with other options,

NICKELEY102.png

i don't know , but all i know is that they would be overpriced

my tough:

gold : 75 coins

green:35 coins

crimson 600 coins

blue :about 6-8k

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

I think they'd be a highly exclusive market, as summoning is already an expensive skill. I guess my estimates are as follows:

Gold: 40 gp or so... they're easy to get, and used because they're cheap levelling. Low quality familiars aside from the terrorbird and small amounts of xp keep this in the bottom of the price range.

Green: 30 gp. Everyone hates these. They're used to break even on summoning, by attempting to use every last one of mass-produced familiars such as ibises. Everyone has too many greens.

Crimson: 150gp. Lousy familiars, superior training, you can never have enough if you're looking to power-level.

Blues: 6k? Blues are rare, the familiars are useful both in combat and out of combat. To be honest, 6k might be on the low side.

Just so you know, this is all from a guy with 102 cb, 81 slayer, and 1 summoning. 6k charms banked though :)

mr_moron72.png

Look at my evidence of geekdom... MWAHAHAHA!

Gold 250 ea

Green 350 ea

Crimson 2.5k ea

Blue 10k ea.

Remember, you only need around 20k blue charms to go from 1-99 summon, 10 ea is a low guess honestly.

As for crimson, most people don't think twice about buying 500g chunks of granite for 1.5k ea to level, 2.5k for the charm isn't out of the question.

id say:

gold ( 200-500), can't cost too much as apart from BOB summons they don't do much and the xp is tiny

green( 400-1000). I not sure here, i can see them being even more then this in some ways, although greens are common they make very useful familiars, especially the bunyip, demand is high for those

crimson( 2000-2500)-makes some nice summons, pretty good xp.

Blue( 8000-10000)- you get great xp and again the summons are good

cakesncats056-1.jpg

Crimson would be very high, higher then the cost of bursting to get them. Think of all the people like me who burst for them. I'd gladly pay 10k+ per crimson; at waterfiends I can get around 90 per hour, meaning I'm getting 900k worth of charms per hour. I can easily earn double or triple that, so me and every other high level that knows decent ways to earn money or has a cash pile would jump on it. Problem is, at high levels with crimson, crafting with a kyatt is well over 700k per hour. You could literally go from 1-99 summoning in under 10 hours with blues. Blues would probably be around 25-30k, due to their better pouches and increased experience. Gold and green would be in the 2-6k range, with green being somewhat higher. Even with gold, you can get 200k+ XP per hour. They could go even higher, especially when they first "became" tradable; anyone with a few hundred mill sitting around would go buy themselves 99 summoning in a couple of hours. I'd be willing to pay around 30k per crimson, just because I can earn enough to make it worth it. 40k would be about my limit; any higher and I'd go back to bursting. It would make magic training easier, though... Bursting lobsters would break even, and would make 99 hp and magic very, very easy (Trust me, I burned over 100M there. It got me 16.5m mage XP, and well over 99 HP despite my low melee stats). So the upper end of the prices would probably be: Gold: 8K, Green: 12K, Crimson: 30k, Blue: 70k. At least, that's what I'd be willing to pay for them, and I'm sure some others with access to the best money making methods would too. At the lowest, crimson would never drop below 10k and blues below 25k.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I don't think they would be expensive, lots of lower players who collect them, but can't pay the 2nd's needed to gain levels

So:

Gold: 50 ea

Green 75 ea

Crimson 100 ea

blue 2.5k ea (because there will be a huge demand)

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

The only one who is even close to an idea is Compfreak. If you could buy charms summoning would be the fastest skill to train, and just because low level would collect a few charms means nothing. The mass of charm would come from the 2 places they normally do, Waterfiends and rock lobsters. I'm pretty sure that a good number of people who use rock lobsters to obtain charms, if they were able to buy them would just skip that garbage and pay a few mill more for a level. Compfreak's estimates are nowhere near outrageous, I can see tons of people willing to pay a ton for charms.

And 100 - 500 estimates for gold/green people have said, are you crazy? You can level over 200 - 300k an hour on them.. theres no way they'd be so cheap.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

It would make magic training easier, though... Bursting lobsters would break even, and would make 99 hp and magic very, very easy (Trust me, I burned over 100M there. It got me 16.5m mage XP, and well over 99 HP despite my low melee stats).

Thing is, it wouldn't stay like that for long. All the rock lobsters would be full on every world because the xp is so fast and if you'd break even, people would have no reason not to. Then you'd have people who are willing to take a small loss to get that fast xp, pushing down the price of the charms, since that would be the largest source of income from rock lobsters. The charms would probably fall until selling them can recoup about half the money spent on runes.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Meh if I had to guess:

Gold:75-100

Green:200-250ea

Crimson:2k-3kea

Blue: 8-10k

Just a guess but if Jagex did make them buyable I would of thought they'd put a fixed amount price like spirit shards.

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

gold: 100

green: 250-300

crimson: 2.5k-3k

blue: 8k

No way. I'm fairly poor, with a bank worth of under 100m, but I would GLADLY pay 30k per crimson charm. I'm sure someone with more money then they know what to do with would jump at the chance to get 99 summoning in a few hours.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

No way. I'm fairly poor, with a bank worth of under 100m, but I would GLADLY pay 30k per crimson charm. I'm sure someone with more money then they know what to do with would jump at the chance to get 99 summoning in a few hours.

Lol 30k a crimson charm? more like 5k >.<

Do you have any idea how crowded waterfiends would be if crimson charms were 30k each? im thinking more like 30k a blue charm.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

When I'm doing things like slayer, I always debate on if I should keep a stack of charms, or pick up that ranarr on the ground.

In those situations, I tend to value:

Gold: 200gp

Green: 200gp

Crimson: 1.5k

Blue: 4k.

Although these would not be their prices were they tradable, they are how much they're worth to me. So instead of keeping the 2 gold charms while killing iron drags, I'll pick up one extra pair of bones to bank.

There's no way crimson would be 10k each. They aren't even a rare charm to get. The market would be completely flooded with them.

Do you have any idea how crowded waterfiends would be if crimson charms were 30k each? im thinking more like 30k a blue charm.

5k? No way, what does waterfiends being crowded have to do with a lower price? If they were crowded, more people would buy them, causing the price to rise. 30k is on the high side, I'd guess they'd settle at around 20-25k. It could be higher, if there are a lot of rich-but-lazy people who find gathering charms boring.

DeviledEgg24.png

5k? No way, what does waterfiends being crowded have to do with a lower price? If they were crowded, more people would buy them, causing the price to rise. 30k is on the high side, I'd guess they'd settle at around 20-25k. It could be higher, if there are a lot of rich-but-lazy people who find gathering charms boring.

it takes some hours to gather 1k crimson, where if your lucky it takes 1 trip to get arma hilt ;) so you can possible more cash if you buy charms and get money back gwd'ing :thumbsup:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg