PvP update : Revitalise skilling

BloodArgon

Lets take a look at this, shall we? Back when the old wilderness was around, natures were up there, 300-350 each. Super sets, 10k per set.

High shark prices, high food prices.

Now, its all gone down the drain. Less than 300 per nature, pots are dirt cheap, bloods are lower than deaths.

With this update, it will bring back fishing/cooking, herblore, farming market for the herbs, fletching for the arrows, smithing for the arrows and bolts, runecrafting for the high demand of runes and ancient spells.

The possibilities are huge, and now sinces its confirmed, what do you think the market is going to do?

Jagex 'broke' the economy, so, they are now going to fix it.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

I believe that fir the first few days of these worlds, natures, food pots will require mountains of money to buy, but afterwards, the prices will lower significantly, a bit below the prices that you mentioned, seeing that now everything's easier to get with g.e.

22031_s.gif

I believe that fir the first few days of these worlds, natures, food pots will require mountains of money to buy, but afterwards, the prices will lower significantly, a bit below the prices that you mentioned, seeing that now everything's easier to get with g.e.

It may be easier to get, but, what Im saying is that the demand for them will go back to what it was, or at least higher than what it is, since many people will use potions and such to kill players MUCH more than they need them now.s.

blood_argon.gif

Glad people are seeing my point.

I think its best to stock up on a lot of things.

Dragonhide, potions, combat runes, nature runes, arrows, bolts, everything.

Either that, or train your combats as high as you can while the prices are low.

blood_argon.gif

It didn't cross my mind at first but now that I think of it it will "restore"" the economy, so to speak. Natures will be back to 300s, Yew Longs to 700s, Fletching will be a money maker once more and so on...

I can't wait for the update.

*Wonders*If they "killed" Pure Essence and just left "Rune" ot would be to die for :#

2525_s.gif

Cooking 99 - 25th January '08

All Quests - 23rd August '08

'

Dragon Drops (3)

Barrows Items (7)

'

619_Cj

[nando*]

This could really be the greatest merchanting chance we could ever have. ::'

And the time to make the biggest loss of our RS careers if we're wrong. Chances are that we'll be right though, but before investing, i'd advise just thinknig about it, and consider if it will actually rise.

The market changes will depend.

If you get a garbage few k per kill, no ones gonna use it or give a S**t.

If like they say is rewarded depending on how great the kill is, and really IS worth getting some big kill, just maybe. Saying you get a nice chunk of cash (I mean nice chunk too, it wont be close to the PK price though (Think about it, if you got the MP of a sgs for killing someone with one, its like RWT all over.) However if you get a chunk of cash worth that kill, and can keep getting good amounts of money for getting kills, then yes, people will pk more.

So basically like I tried to say up there, if the rewards you get are worth it, and people can get good money off of being a skilled PK'er, then people will go do it, and if it gets very popular, the PK market might go back up.. maybe even big.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

I may have to get 77 rcing ::'.

Also, imagine all the empty skilling spots in the pvp worlds. :thumbup:

Empty skilling spots? Of course. However if the idea takes off and it's how I would think, there would be a very small amount of worlds, and if the idea is popular, LOADED with PK'ers. Are you really going to take your chances tying to Mine/Wc in a place where pkers will pop up immedietally and kill you? Don't say they wont if you're just skilling. To them It could be a full inventory of coal from someone who carried nothing but a rune pic, and had no def to last. (Coal for more supplies, Idk its an example) You cant say they wont respect the fact that you dont want to fight, Pk'ers killed People doing clues, mining, or doing anything at all in the wilderness before.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

You cant say they wont respect the fact that you dont want to fight, Pk'ers killed People doing clues, mining, or doing anything at all in the wilderness before.

And that was when there was no option before but to do those things with a risk of being Pked. I seriously doubt that pkers will think twice about killing someone just because they're skilling, if you aren't putting up a fight it is easy money for them.

You cant say they wont respect the fact that you dont want to fight, Pk'ers killed People doing clues, mining, or doing anything at all in the wilderness before.

And that was when there was no option before but to do those things with a risk of being Pked. I seriously doubt that pkers will think twice about killing someone just because they're skilling, if you aren't putting up a fight it is easy money for them.

And ofcourse the EXTREMELY unlikely chance of getting some great equipment for the kill. Skilling in the PvP worlds would be just like skilling in the old Wilderniss, btu with less chance of running into some malicious person. Think about it, the Wilderniss versus the ENTIRE RuneScape map. That's like what, a 1 to 10? So even though there is a higher risk involved, chances are rare you will run into someone while doing Pyramid Plunder, for example.

And ofcourse the EXTREMELY unlikely chance of getting some great equipment for the kill. Skilling in the PvP worlds would be just like skilling in the old Wilderniss, btu with less chance of running into some malicious person. Think about it, the Wilderniss versus the ENTIRE RuneScape map. That's like what, a 1 to 10? So even though there is a higher risk involved, chances are rare you will run into someone while doing Pyramid Plunder, for example.

I was talking about activities like yew chopping or coal mining as mentioned previously, an inventory of 25 yew logs is a quick 10k for somebody. Of course, we have no idea how Jagex is going to implement the reward system, so killing skillers with small amounts of valuable items (albeit a fast kill if they aren't wearing much armour) might mean little reward for the pkers.

Yeah I think a huge part of the decline in RCing and especially skills like fletching, cooking, herblore ect. was due to the removal of the wilderness. Now they're essentially restoring some worlds to what it was like in the beginnings of RSC, you all know how addictive that was. Prices will no doubt skyrocket when it is released; and drop to a more reasonable price shortly thereafter. I'm holding onto my nats for a while. 8-) Good thing I already have more than enough ess for 99 rc.

The economy right now isn't broken, just differently normal. This update will however take it towards the direction of it's previous state. It worked then, so I'm fine with that.

The Pker-Skiller partnership is going to come back, and it can't be anything but good.

I was talking about activities like yew chopping or coal mining as mentioned previously, an inventory of 25 yew logs is a quick 10k for somebody. Of course, we have no idea how Jagex is going to implement the reward system, so killing skillers with small amounts of valuable items (albeit a fast kill if they aren't wearing much armour) might mean little reward for the pkers.

We do have an idea, what the 'victim' drops isn't going to be what the PKer receives, it's going to be a drop based on the impressiveness of the kill. So they won't go around getting inventories of yews just because they killed someone who did.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Just to respond to a bit of above. They WILL STILL kill you for no reason, It's a stupid quick kill but to some pkers just killing someone like that is fun or funny.

And it may be The size of the wild versus the entire world map, but it's not like there will be many worlds for this system. I'd probably bet on 3 free 3 member, and it'll probably be around that. Nonetheless its only a few world maps compared to how it was EVERY world with wilderness. It'll be more crowded.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

Well, all I will say is this. I remember when Coinshare came out, before that time and right after it all of the supplies for those things had gone up, tremendously. Only a small portion of the game needed those resources. Go look at how many people PvP and you can kind of forsee how the prices are going to go pretty soon.

I think I might buy myself 50 dhides, some rune, some neitz helms and other stuff. We'll see.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

It didn't cross my mind at first but now that I think of it it will "restore"" the economy, so to speak. Natures will be back to 300s, Yew Longs to 700s, Fletching will be a money maker once more and so on...

I can't wait for the update.

*Wonders*If they "killed" Pure Essence and just left "Rune" ot would be to die for :#

No: if youread my post in the previous topic I believe the reason for runecrafting being low isn't (mainly) that it's in no demand.. The main problem is that there're simply too many runecrafters now who were formerly afraid of the pkers. With the optionality of pvp this won't change at all!

Also fletching stopped being profitable long before the wilderness update.. It stopped with the introduction of skillcapes!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I've invested 4M cash in Sharks.

Going to sell a few days after the update is released.

:pray:

Can't wait though, I won't be fighting, but it's a push to help me skill due to rising prices.

Also another bonus, training spots will be less crowded on Non-PvP worlds. :thumbsup:

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

Also another bonus, training spots will be less crowded on Non-PvP worlds. :thumbsup:

Unless JaGex create more worlds they'll be more crowded, since more skillers will be pushed into fewer worlds, making these training spots more populated.

UrbanLegend.png