Where's SaidinWoT? Weekly Tracking Reports

SaidinWoT returns to bring yet another quest guide!

Difficulty level: Medium

Start location: Speak to Ur-tag or Ambassador Alvijar in Ur-tag's house in Dorgesh-Kaan (Northeast corner of the second level of Dorgesh-Kaan; Fairy Ring A J Q).

Required:

Quests: Death to the Dorgeshuun, The Giant Dwarf, The Dig Site

Skills: Level 15 Attack, Level 25 Prayer

Items: A light source

Suggested:

Skills: Good Ranged or Magic

Items: Ranged or Magic weapons, weapon, armour, food

Monsters: H.A.M. Mage (Level 30), H.A.M. Archer (Level 30), Sigmund (Level 64)

NPC: Ambassador Alvijar, Ur-tag, Tegdak, Zanik, Goblin scribe, General Bentnoze, General Wartface, Sergeant Mossfists, Sergeant Slimetoes

1: Old and New

Items Required: None

Items Suggested: None

Speak to Ambassador Alvijar or Ur-tag - they are discussing the development of a train link, for which the building schedule must be changed because of recent discoveries. Ask what the two are arguing about, and you will find the cave goblins and the dwarves are attempting to establish a train link between Dorgesh-Kaan and Keldagrim. However, the construction process has been halted because old goblin bones were found, having been buried during the Dorgeshuun Civil War. As you've passed the archaeological examination at the Digsite, Ur-tag would appreciate your help with excavating these artefacts. Agree to help, and Ur-tag will send you to the train tunnel in the south-west of the city.

2: Excavation

Items Required: None

Go through the Doorway on the southern part of the west wall of the city. Head south, get on the train tracks, and head south until you find Tegdak. Speak to him to tell him you've been sent by Ur-tag, at which he will accept your help. The goblins are trying to extract the artefacts buried in the ground, but they fear their inexperience will cause them to break them. Tegdak will ask you to extract the artefacts, clean them, and give them to him; he will provide a trowel and specimen brush. Use the trowel on the six artefacts on the ground - two where you are, and four south of you - to extract them. Use each artefact on the specimen table to clean them, allowing you to see that they are shards of some armour, a shield, a helmt, a sword, an axe, and a mace.

Speak to Tegdak to give him the shards. While looking at them, Zanik will recognize the design on the armour as being similar to that of the armour surface goblins wear, proving to Tegdak that the ancestors of the cave goblins kept many surface customs when they went underground. When looking at the shield, Zanik will point out a stress fracture, showing that the shield broke easily, showing Tegdak that the shield was produced during the Dorgeshuun Civil War. The helmet shard reveals that early Dorgeshuun had smaller eyes, as they had only just come from the surface. When Zanik recognizes the sword fragment, Tegdak will realize that early Dorgeshuun used a larger variety of weaponry. The axe head offers a similar revelation. The mace is the only artefact intact, and Tegdak believes it to be from the time when the Dorgeshuun walked the surface. It is covered in symbols, so Tegdak wishes to deliver it to the Scribe, who may know what they mean.

3: No Knowledge

Items Required: Ancient mace

Zanik will be following you, eager to take the mace to the Scribe. Head North and go back through the doorway, into Dorgesh-Kaan. Go to the council chamber at the North end of the city and speak to the Goblin scribe. Zanik will show him the mace, but he will find the symbols completely indecipherable. However, he will suggest you speak to the Goblin Generals in the Goblin Village, as they might know more.

4: Doubted Destiny

Items Suggested: Ranged or Magic weapons

Zanik does not wish to walk across the surface, and wonders if Oldak might be able to teleport both of you. Go to the Northwest corner of the first level of the city and speak to Oldak. He has been experimenting with MOD Spheres, and believes he could teleport you to anywhere you want. When you ask for a sphere to get to the Goblin Village, he will make two, one to get there and one to return. You will immediately teleport with Zanik and arrive in the Goblin Village.

Speak to the Generals, and a cut scene will show the conversation. The Generals will recognize the Dorgeshuun as the Lost Tribe. When you show them the mace, they will call it the 'holy mace of Big High War God', which was used by the strongest goblin warriors. When an enemy was favoured by a god, the mace would apparently steal the favour of the god away from the enemy. When the Generals doubt Zanik is a goblin, a small surface goblin named Grubfoot will come to her support. Ignoring the Generals' wishes for him to stay quiet, Grubfoot will tell of his dream of Zanik, revealing her as a Chosen Commander. Though General Bentnoze doubts that Zanik is the Chosen Commander, he will let her speak to the goblins of the village. Zanik will tell the goblins about the Dorgeshuun's history. When the goblins protest, a few will be mysteriously killed, and the goblins will scatter into the buildings.

5: Kidnapped!

Items Required: Ranged or Magic weapons

It turns out there are two H.A.M. snipers in a tower near the village. In order to stop them, you must get to the ladder at the south end of the village. Go around the west side of the village, behind the houses, and climb the ladder. Kill the H.A.M. Mage and H.A.M. Archer (both Level 30) with ranged or magic - there is a crossbow and some bronze bolts next to you if you have nothing to attack with. As soon as you defeat them both, you will see Sigmund attacking Zanik. Zanik will tell you to shoot him, at which a blinding flash of light will come, fading to show Sigmund holding Zanik, ready to kill her. H.A.M. has made a tunnel between the Lumbridge Swamp Caves and the train track, and Sigmund intends to use the train on it to kill Zanik, initiating a war between the two races. Sigmund will take her away, at which point the Generals will come out. When they have learned that Zanik has been kidnapped, they say you must rescue her. To aid you, the Generals will send their best warriors, Sergeant Mossfists and Sergeant Slimetoes, who will meet you in Lumbridge Swamp.

6: Stealth

Items Required: Ancient mace, a light source

Items Suggested: Armour, weapon, food

Find the two warriors in the Lumbridge Swamp - they are at the entrance to the Caves, due west of the water altar. Speak to either of them, then go down the entrance to the caves. Just south of you is an opening with a ladder - go down it as well to arrive in the H.A.M. tunnels. One guard will go for reinforcements while two more battle the goblin warriors. Follow the path of the tunnel and hide behind the middle crate on the south wall - if you did it quickly enough, the goblin warriors will hide behind crates as well. Once the guards pass you, head east to lure the last guard away from the ladder. The goblin warriors will attack him, allowing you to pass him and go down the ladder.

7: Salvation

Items Suggested: Armour, weapon, food

When you go down the ladder, you will see a cutscene of Sigmund watching Zanik, who is tied to the train track. Sigmund (Level 64) will attack you; use the Ancient mace's special attack to rob him of his prayer, then finish him off any way you wish. Immediately before his death, he will teleport away, vowing revenge. Quickly untie Zanik from the track - the first train will go past right as you leap off. It is finally time for ceremony as Ur-tag announces the opening of the train link. Ur-tag expresses the debt of the city, and offers you your reward.

Reward:

1 Quest Point

3,000 Mining Experience

3,000 Prayer Experience

Ancient goblin mace

Access to Dorgesh-Kaan - Keldagrim train route

Ability to buy Goblin Village teleport spheres from Oldak

Notes:

After the quest, you can use the train to travel between Dorgesh-Kaan and Keldagrim for free.

Written By: SaidinWoT

Thanks to: mega vegeta6, Raven6666, Ryuuka

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay everyone, time for an update on SaidinWoT. First I'd like to thank everyone who posted here when I went missing yet again, it's greatly appreciated <3:

School is still in control of my life, but that is changing! I finished one class last week, intend to finish one more this week, and a number of my other classes are winding down as the end of the school year approaches. Hopefully this will mean more time for SaidinWoT to be SaidinWoT IN RuneScape, and thereby increase the blagginess of this blag!

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

veryvery nice rcing! its hawt

gl on on higher rc! 91 here u come

woot i like ur jig u just did in the bank

bpkwolfen.png

99 Fletching 99 Cooking 99 Thieving 99 herbloree 99 magic 99 crafting 99 smithing 99 attack 99 strength 99 defence 99 hitpoints

99woodcutting 99mining 99 fishing 99 firemaking 99 hunter 99 prayer

• 2 weeks later...

The time to update this has come and gone, but it's always better to be late than never, eh? In my disappearance, I have been busy with school, but it is almost over! The next two weeks make up the bulk of the work, then it's smooth sailing (except for the slight[ly large] blip that is Finals). I have managed to do some runecrafting recently though! I have gotten up to the benchmark of 4.4 million experience, made my first x9 airs, and achieved rank 1200!

I will do my best to keep this blog updated more and respond more in the future :ohnoes:

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

I've gotten a bit more experience, up to 4.5m now. It's kind of sad that I'm going so slow, but school isn't quite over yet :( I fully intend to nolife the first week of summer break :anxious:

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Well, the past few days I have actually been able to play the game! After 56 days of my Miscellanian workers gathering supplies for me, I finally collecting in my resources! The results are below:

56MiscellaniaDays.gif

Miscellania56SeedHerb.png

I also achieved 4.6 million experience today, in my equivalent of nolifing :)

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Thanks Aquashock, LittleBig [though your loyalty is certainly misplaced], and george.

Thanks hephaistos, and I'm afraid my quest cape has indeed been owned. I have updated my first post with my thoughts on this.

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Alpha, RC > other skills > combat. Duh :D .

Then why is combat shown and not RC level, eh?

Correct formula:

Combat > RC < Hunter

If we take that as true, then:

Guthix=total pwnage

From there, it is easy to infer also that:

RJ=FTW!

3zh5ap4.jpg

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man sleepy and blind in the eyes.

Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!

If it's the thought that counts, why aren't humans innately telepathic?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I ignored this during the end of the school year, but so much has happened that it's just not right to continue not updating it. I have taken this week after school as my week of nolifing, and have every intention of getting 91 RC by Tuesday. The tentative schedule for the level is 5:00 PM EST on Tuesday, so hopefully that works out :)

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Okay, I ignored this during the end of the school year, but so much has happened that it's just not right to continue not updating it. I have taken this week after school as my week of nolifing, and have every intention of getting 91 RC by Tuesday. The tentative schedule for the level is 5:00 PM EST on Tuesday, so hopefully that works out :)
:cry:
Uula.png

just passing by :D

just wanted to say another congratulations to Saidinwot for getting 90 rc, even as i was there at the "party"

here another memorandum :

4tpkvg0.png

see you around ;) !

Rs-name : Lawie2000

-------------------

Mining lvl : 89

Smith lvl : 99

lawie2000.gif

Gratz on 91 runecrafting! I'll sell 2 of the 5 water runes he got 99 with for 1,000,000 each to anybody :twisted:

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!