Oh wow...horrible story

Luckeedog101

I reread through the Tip.It posting rules just to make sure this wasn't in violation of any of them. If a Mod finds this to be against the rules, don't hesitate to take this off.

I couldn't believe it when I read this story. It came from the London Times paper.

Warning: DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH

[hide]Father put pins through his sons' tongues 'to save them from devil'Andrew Norfolk

A devout Pentecostal Christian who inflicted grotesque injuries on his young sons was trying to save them from the Devil, a court was told yesterday.

The children, aged 7 and 9, had their lips sealed with safety pins and clothes pegs by their father, who also slit their mouths with a scalpel and made them bleed into a bucket.

The boys suffered cuts and bruises after being beaten on the hands and back with a pole, a long stick and electric cable, Bradford Crown Court was told.

One boy was locked in a cupboard for failing a spelling test. The other spent a night blindfolded and tied to a chair, with a safety pin through his tongue and bottom lip.

The jury of five men and seven women heard that the Nigerian father, who was fond of preaching and quoting from the Bible, once used a pair of pliers to squeeze the elder boyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s tongue until it bled.

When he had cuts in his mouth, the boy would be made to suck a lemon.

His father explained to the child that the mouth ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åcorrupts the whole bodyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the fad of posting news articles with no discussion was past. I was wrong :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I thought the fad of posting news articles with no discussion was past. I was wrong :(

What kind of statement was that, of course I think it was horrible.

It's kind of obvious since I titled it "Oh wow..horrible story." Not to mention that I took so much care in making sure some people didn't read it :-s

Mine is a topical news item tbh

This one has more discussion that yours.

Pretty weird, I've heard of this happening in some weird African churches when they torture and beat children to death because they think they are possessed by the devil... but this is not like that, this was done for obedience, hope they go to prison for a while.

sig5235ro7.jpg

I agree with Zonorhc.

So..?

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

So..?

In no way did I ever say this was groundbreaking; it's HEARTbreaking.

You're entitled to your opinion, but as a human, I don't see how this wouldn't make you sad/mad/worried/emotional...something.

Don't be so heartless!

So..?

In no way did I ever say this was groundbreaking; it's HEARTbreaking.

You're entitled, but as a human, I don't see how this wouldn't make you sad/mad/worried/emotional...something.

Everyones different. You have a heart, I have a black vortex. You see?

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

Mine is a topical news item tbh

Fair enough but where is the room for discussion? Everyone will post about how terrible this is and say "poor kids" but thats about it, just a news article and a number of similar replies.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

This wasn't really meant for discussion, in the sense that I was expecting a difference of opinion, it was that I wanted to share this story with others.

Not everything has to be an arguement...I wish some people would realize that :?

Sucks to be them.

means suck to be them to suck a lemon when they bleed, gawd thats bad for those kids... wow I mean really wtf??

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

But you have no problem with elbowing a kid in the face :wink:

That's extremely sick. I can't even imagine going through that, much less inflicting that kind of pain on a child.

See, that's what I really don;t understand. What does it matter if it was a child or not? I mean, yes, it sucks to be them, but I'm not really affected by it, and them being children doesn't make a difference.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

What does it matter if it was a child or not? I mean, yes, it sucks to be them, but I'm not really affected by it, and them being children doesn't make a difference.

When it's a child it's pretty safe to say that they can't fight back.

Yes it's still torture, but it's worse (in my opinion) when it's someone who can't fight back.

I have a hard time believing that he said babies have to be "eaten." Maybe aborted...but I think you're making the canabalism part up; you could be correct, but I really don't think so.

And yeah...that was a pretty racist remark man :shame:

Edit: Please don't flame on my thread.