"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Any tips before I ask? Like, how should the tone of my voice be... uh... should I look nice, and uh... how should I say it? Not what to say, but how to.

Alright, well, You're voice should be incredibly high pitched, you should look scruffy, and say it in the form of a broadway musical, and make sure to post vids for us all.

Dude, we can't tell you that stuff, it's plain stupid. Just be confident and if she likes you, and you like her, none of that will matter. But if you choose my advice, do tell me, I'd love to hear it ^.^

Any tips before I ask? Like, how should the tone of my voice be... uh... should I look nice, and uh... how should I say it? Not what to say, but how to.

It doesn't need to sound like a Hollywood blockbuster; just be confident and do it at the right time (i.e. when you're both close and alone).

My other friend says to be creative... it's easier to give advice then to take it. #-o

How would you like to be asked out?

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

My other friend says to be creative... it's easier to give advice then to take it. #-o

I'd be shocked. It matters who's asking me first of all, and if I don't like her, I wouldn't know what to say.

I'd be shocked. It matters who's asking me first of all, and if I don't like her, I wouldn't know what to say.

You're missing the point... she didn't ask how you'd react, she's asking how you personally would be impressed by someone who wanted to ask you out.

At gunpoint would be hot.

No, while she has rabid squirrels on her shoulder would be hotter.

Powman, when I first asked someone out, it was in the middle of a hallway before school and I was really scared. But I just said it, and everything worked out. I was scared of rejection too. But the first time I got rejected, I expected to feel like crap, but I didn't feel nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Even if you do get rejected, at least you know you tried.

Amaranth_GTO.png

You're missing the point... she didn't ask how you'd react, she's asking how you personally would be impressed by someone who wanted to ask you out.

Then yes, yes I would be. I'd be impressed that she got enough courage (even if she didn't need any) and said it.

Then yes, yes I would be. I'd be impressed that she got enough courage (even if she didn't need any) and said it.

You aren't getting the point! :P

You asked how to ask her out, and our advice is for you to think of scenarios which you think you would want to be asked out in. We're not saying if you think it's courageous to ask someone out, it damn sure is. So think of scenarios in your head that you would want to be asked out in, and then pick one and rehearse, but leave room for improv as well.

Basically Powman, we're trying to teach empathy to you, which by the way is a pretty key thing when it comes to relationships.

Now not every human is the same psychologically, of course. But the basic fundamentals still hold true and at the end of the day, we're 97% alike to each other (or some percentage like that, don't quote me on it. The point's made anyway).

You've got two options; either think of how you yourself would want to be approached, and gain confidence that way; or think about what she wants. Because at the end of the day, no one on this board can teach you how to ask a girl out. Sorry, life's just hard that way. Some lessons can't be taught. :wink:

It kills me! (Not literally)

The Hell you say! :roll:

You should definetely wear a three-piece suit or tuxedo and hold a rose in your teeth when you do it. Get on one knee, remove the rose, toss it away (I'm sure she won't want a rose that's been in your mouth) and ask. Maybe have a guy playing the ukelele in the background.

And I could've sworn you said you would do it before Winter break?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I still like my ex-girlfriend, and we have been broken up almost a year. I think she likes me too, and we often catch ourselves "over-flirting" if you will. I'm not positive she likes me, and now i don't know how exactly to ask her out, and i really fear rejection, lol. Oh yeah, i forgot one little detail. We have become best friends since, and if i ask and she says no, that may screw everything up. <.<

If you want my advise go for it, you will never know untill you ask her and you don't want to spend every minute your with her wondering because that just stinks major, don't fear rejection rejection happens to everyone it's a part of life. O:)

It kills me! (Not literally)

The Hell you say! :roll:

You should definetely wear a three-piece suit or tuxedo and hold a rose in your teeth when you do it. Get on one knee, remove the rose, toss it away (I'm sure she won't want a rose that's been in your mouth) and ask. Maybe have a guy playing the ukelele in the background.

And I could've sworn you said you would do it before Winter break?

I didn't get to see her. She left early.

I still like my ex-girlfriend, and we have been broken up almost a year. I think she likes me too, and we often catch ourselves "over-flirting" if you will. I'm not positive she likes me, and now i don't know how exactly to ask her out, and i really fear rejection, lol. Oh yeah, i forgot one little detail. We have become best friends since, and if i ask and she says no, that may screw everything up. <.<

If you want my advise go for it, you will never know untill you ask her and you don't want to spend every minute your with her wondering because that just stinks major, don't fear rejection rejection happens to everyone it's a part of life. O:)

Where on earth did you get that quote? I can't find it anywhere on the last like 5 pages...but either way, if the guy with the ex girlfriend problems needs any advice, I'd be happy to give seeing as how I literally just went through something just like that.

I've got a question, there's a girl I really like, altough I'm not to sure if she really likes me, one of her friends told me so, but they aren't really trustable, what should I be doing?
New to the game are you? that's alright that's why this thread is here :)

I'd say get a little bit more confirmation. Best way to check is to just ask her out. What's stopping you?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Where on earth did you get that quote? I can't find it anywhere on the last like 5 pages...but either way, if the guy with the ex girlfriend problems needs any advice, I'd be happy to give seeing as how I literally just went through something just like that.

Was surfing around the first couple pages for a little nostalgia [dang a lot of big members on the first pages are banned o_O] and I stumbled across the source of the quote. It's on page 3 :lol: .

Geez that's old... and random...

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I've got a question, there's a girl I really like, altough I'm not to sure if she really likes me, one of her friends told me so, but they aren't really trustable, what should I be doing?

New to the game are you? that's alright that's why this thread is here :)

I'd say get a little bit more confirmation. Best way to check is to just ask her out. What's stopping you?

Well I'm not that new to it but *goes to try*

#4500 to 91 rc - 03-03-09

angel2w.gif

Play a board game and stick a note on one of the pick up cards saying 'will you go out with me?' it will catch her by surprise and even if she says no, just tell her you wanted to make her laugh and you knew it would 8-)

Or a card trick (if you know any that name the last standing card, write it on the piece of paper).

I'm drunk and it's 5am so hopefully it's a good idea :P it just kind of came to me.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

im going to the movies tonight with this girl any advice or do's and don'ts?

452436.jpg

In the time of peace prepare for war-General Patton

Dsk805 lvl 139 6* mage

Blink182lover lvl 100 7* mage

Founder and Current clan leader of: PunkRock Lovers(rank#4)

Don't shove your hands down her pants, that's kind of lame these days.

Seriously though...

Probably offer to pay, ask if she's hungry or thirsty, only ask if she's sure once and if she leans close to you, grab her hand and gently play with it.

igoddessIsig.png

I would recommend not doing the "fake yawn and putting your arm around her" thing. or if you do, don't fake yawn.

A little off-topic, but..what movie are you seeing? The genre could influence what you should do.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

im seeing "One Missed Call" its a horror movie

452436.jpg

In the time of peace prepare for war-General Patton

Dsk805 lvl 139 6* mage

Blink182lover lvl 100 7* mage

Founder and Current clan leader of: PunkRock Lovers(rank#4)