Dungeoneering Weapon Average Damage

Adventurer8

I was doing a little research into the the average damage of the new dungeoneering weapons earlier, and I figured since I had it and didn't see anything else of the sort I'd share it with yall. I went and calculated the average damage each weapon would do each second, to see how well each weapon directly compared to eachother in terms of damage. This does NOT include accuracy, so don't blame me if you take a dagger to a warrior dressed in primal plate armor and never hit it! =O

Weapon name / Base Strength /Max Hit /Damage per Second

Primal Dagger | 102.0 | 290 | 59.306

Primal Hatchet | 095.0 | 278 | ????

Primal Pickaxe | 092.0 | 273 | ????

Primal Rapier | 109.0 | 302 | 62.917

Primal Longsword | 134.0 | 345 | 57.5

Primal Warhammer | 132.0 | 341 | 56.836

Primal Battleaxe | 140.0 | 355 | 59.167

Primal Spear | ??? | ??? | ????

Primal 2h Sword | 162.0 | 393 | 54.583

Primal Maul | 166.0 | 400 | 55.556

Primal Spear Bad | 145.0 | 357 | 59.5

Primal Spear Good | 152.0 | 369 | 61.5

Fractite Dagger | 027.0 | 161 | 34.042

Fractite Hatchet | 023.0 | 154 | ????

Fractite Pickaxe | 022.0 | 152 | ????

Fractite Rapier | 038.0 | 180 | 37.5

Fractite Longsword | 049.0 | 199 | 33.167

Fractite Warhammer | 048.0 | 197 | 32.833

Fractite Battleaxe | 055.0 | 209 | 34.833

Fractite Spear | 067.0 | 226 | 37.667

Fractite 2h Sword | 080.0 | 252 | 35

Fractite Maul | 082.0 | 255 | 35.417

Notes: This does NOT consider weapon accuracy. All average damage was based off of the assumption that every attack would hit.

Daggers and Spears can be poisoned on members, so they can deal a slight amount of extra damage.

Items like Blood Necklace, Flameburst Defender, Gauntlets, and Boots were not calculated here. Prayers and Potions were not used either.

I was not sure of the speed of Hatchets and Pickaxes... They probably aren't best used as weapons anyway...

Primal Spear Bad and Primal Spear Good represent a logical estimate of what the strength bonus on Primal Spear might be, since the stats on a Primal Spear are currently unknown. Actual results will probably be inbetween the two estimates.

I calculated with the following speeds: Daggers and Rapiers get 1 hit every 2.4 seconds. Longswords, Warhammers, Battleaxes, and Spears get 1 hit every 3 seconds. 2h Swords and Mauls get 1 hit every 3.6 seconds. If any of this is inaccurate, I do apologize.

All stats are based off of information off of the Rune Tips forums, Rune Tips Item Base, and Runescape Knowledge base. Maximum hit was calucated with the Tip It Max Hit Calculator. All weapons other than Spears were calculated in aggressive stance. Spears were calculated in controlled stance. Damage was rounded to the nearesth thousandth... at that point they were all repeating decimals.

~10 out of 10 cows agree. The greatest Runescape addition was the rubber chicken.

~Today, we watch Runescape's grass grow. Tomorrow, we watch it's pots boil!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your experiment did not take into account accuracy, how did you go about testing each weapon?

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

If your experiment did not take into account accuracy, how did you go about testing each weapon?

Max hit/weapon speed for each weapon, he just used the statistics given to him. It shows that spears are the best weapons and that seems to be what most people think anyway, so it seems pretty accurate.
imagangster.png

No offense intended, but a test that doesn't take accuracy into account is of little value. That's especially true in Dungeoneering, where having the wrong attack style can make a *major* difference in how long it takes to kill things.

I just talked to a player who is over level 70 and just dropped a primal maul or primal 2H to make a promethium spear. It wasn't for no reason.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Oh yes, I agree that accuracy is very important. However, it is extremely difficult to test for that. (especially without knowing the accuracy formula... and everything you'd fight would have different defense) This is looking purely off of damage potential, it is not intended to show how accurate they are. Now I apologize if that isn't up to your standards, but it's just a little speculation I'd share. X.x

~10 out of 10 cows agree. The greatest Runescape addition was the rubber chicken.

From using several different weapons inside there, here's what I've noticed is best, in order:

Spears > 2hs > Longswords/Battle Axes > Mauls > Rapiers > Daggers

Rapiers and daggers do not have high enough attack bonuses to be of that much use.

td2sig.jpg

Primal Spear, when released, will be top weapon, simply for it's versatility involving attack styles, and it's amazing stab accuracy, which it seems the majority of the current bosses are weak to. That and poisoning it is effective against monsters and a few bosses.

Until then I use Prom. Spear P++

From using several different weapons inside there, here's what I've noticed is best, in order:

Rapiers and daggers do not have high enough attack bonuses to be of that much use.

I've told people that spears are the best thing to use for a while, main reason being because it has every attack style (stab slash crush) but pures/people not wanting def can't use em

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

There is no primal spear.

In the case of the primal spear, I looked at the other weapon tiers to get the general idea of where the strength bonus on it would be. I checked both the high end and the low end of what it might possibly be. I also noted that within my post that that is what I did. X.x Based on previous patterns, it's probably going to fall somewhere in that range... it's just speculation on that part though, which is why I separated those from the rest of the primal weapons.

I've told people that spears are the best thing to use for a while, main reason being because it has every attack style (stab slash crush) but pures/people not wanting def can't use em

On members they may be, but in F2p they are not. The lower metal ones lack accuracy by a long way, even when using the correct attack style. you are much better off using a maul or 2h in F2p.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

In F2P I use a fractite battle axe. It has a crush and slash attack, both which train strength. For monsters weak to stab, I just range them (does the same thing, right?)

By the way, accuracy and speed are more important (in combination) than outright strength bonus. Why? Sure you could potentially hit 1000/min, but if you always splash, or if the weapon is slow it'll take longer to kill things that normally require 1-2 hits.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

There is no primal spear.

or spoon for that matter.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

In F2P I use a fractite battle axe. It has a crush and slash attack, both which train strength. For monsters weak to stab, I just range them (does the same thing, right?)

By the way, accuracy and speed are more important (in combination) than outright strength bonus. Why? Sure you could potentially hit 1000/min, but if you always splash, or if the weapon is slow it'll take longer to kill things that normally require 1-2 hits.

Yeah, that's why I've been using a spear instead of a 2hander or a maul. Spears attack at same speed as battleax, and the stab attack actually seems quite important. (especially since a lot of players seem to keep saying a lot of boss monsters are weak to stab) I'm not so sure ranged neccessarily substitutes for stab attacks... they have different defense stats that apply to them, but at the same time I don't know how many monsters that are weak to stab are also weak to ranged or not. X.x Chainmail and plate skirt warriors should be weaker against both at the same time, at the least.

Battleaxes are very good 1handed options though. =O I haven't run into any, but I'd imagine it'd be handy for those dragons. (they're so rare, though. X.x)

Spear >> Everything Else.

It's been mentioned before, but it has all three attack styles, great speed, great str bonus compared to same class weapons, and almost everything is weak to stab in Dungeoneering. I recently destroyed my promo spear p++ to get primal maul from rammer dude, and I hate it. Can't wait for to get my spear back. I can only think of ever dropping promo spear again for a primal 2H, B axe, spear, or longsword, all of which aren't even out yet... -.-

Spear >> Everything Else.

It's been mentioned before, but it has all three attack styles, great speed, great str bonus compared to same class weapons, and almost everything is weak to stab in Dungeoneering. I recently destroyed my promo spear p++ to get primal maul from rammer dude, and I hate it. Can't wait for to get my spear back. I can only think of ever dropping promo spear again for a primal 2H, B axe, spear, or longsword, all of which aren't even out yet... -.-

Longsword, 2h and battleaxe are out, and warhammer is not bad.
imagangster.png

I use a fractite longsword for stab/slash. For crush, I usually make a fractite pickaxe/hatchet for handy cash so I just use those for crushing. xD

And yeah, the accuracy/speed is the reason why speed 5 weapons are the only worth it weapon selection to use (pickaxe/hatchet are speed 5 too). Though, I hate slow weapons so I'm biased against the maul and 2H.

And range isn't the same as stab.

@ to OP, the rapier is far from the weapon with the most dps...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

It and the spear have the most dps "potential". Though, to see this potential from the rapier, you'd have to just about always hit with it... which may not happen unless you're 99 attack and using it on low to mid level monsters. (Who you generally don't have much to worry about anyway) It comes close to the longsword in stab bonus, though... and longswords work well enough for you, you say? It might have some use on monsters weak to stab, but not worth going out of the way for in my opinion.

yeah, it seems the best general purpose weapons are the spear, longsword, and battleaxe. personaly i use a prom 2h b/c its so accurate and strong.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]