The Walking Dead

redhaloguy

I think I might be over zombies, because I haven't been too impressed with this.

:mellow:

Let this be the start of the zombie fad dying please.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

i'm not a fan of the zombie fad (i don't get it tbh), but the show is quality so far. decent plot, acting, production... it has a good chance of being consistent considering how AMC has been putting out really good series (Mad Men, Breaking Bad) compared to the crap galore from the 4 major networks

I feel sorry for the redneck that got left behind. I mean, sure, he's a giant [bleep], but come on, starving to death/being eaten alive by zombies? That's pretty horrible. D: I hope the redneck/zombie redneck kills TDog, would be pretty poetic or something. It'll be interesting if he had family back at camp or something.

Glenn is heading back to the camp, right? It's between the place Rick came from and the city, isn't it? Or he'll meet up with the guy and his son from the pilot. I love the makeup in the show, at the start when he hit the zombie in the face with the shovel and the side of his face was just like split open was pretty woah. I like how people aren't all calm and badass in it, it feels more realistic than in like Dawn of the Dead where everybody is like hardass kill zombies rawr people.

Everything about this show is pretty enjoyable, I'm not too fond of the acting of the Mexican guy or the lady who works in the zoning office, seems kinda stilted. But they'll probably improve, and the lady only got like one line this episode anyway, so meh.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Zombie fad? I'm pretty sure people have liked zombies and zombie movies/television shows for a good number of years now...

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Yeah, The redneck racist is going to starve to death. C-Dog or T-Dog, whatever his name is, locked the door to the roof so the zombies couldn't get in.

I doubt that's the last we'll see of him. Remember the guy knocked over that huge thing of tools (which included the hacksaw) when he was running back? I'll betcha it was within reach.

:shades:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

They're taking on some deep subject matter. (racism, adultery (albeit not knowingly), and spousal abuse off the top of my head)

The BBC show "Survivors" did much of the same, so it's nothing new to me, but I still enjoy the show. What can I say, I'm a sucker for biological apocalypses.

I wish the series was moving a bit faster, but then I guess you wouldn't get as much detail into the human condition that this show is so famous for highlighting.

hzvjpwS.gif

Are you really asking that question on a forum like this? There was a massive (and maybe still is) Zombie Apocalypse thread on OT. I smell some bait....who's gonna take it?

Had to point it out, if that thread is "Something Zombie Related," it's in the Tavern now. For some reason.

This sounds interesting, I read an article about it in The Week, if it weren't for the violence I'd probably watch it now.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I just hate having to wait a week to watch another episode. Usually I just wait a while and watch them online 2-3 episodes at a time, but this one I do watch every week.

arcy777-2.jpg
arcsig.jpg
2001-2006 the fourth and last legit 123 on classic
123 classic/137 rs2 Native American Pride

Already renewed for a new season.

This season is bloody short. 6 episodes. WHAT!?

Also, newest episode was pretty dull. Overall the show has been fantastic.

Edited by redhaloguy

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Already renewed for a season season.

This season is bloody short. 6 episodes. WHAT!?

Also, newest episode was pretty dull. Overall the show has been fantastic.

AMC must've been timid. They had a huge budget for those 6 episodes, after all, and if it didn't take off but they filmed a normal length season, it could've been a gigantic loss.

hzvjpwS.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Last episode airing soon.

On another topic, Frank Darabont, the creator of the show has recently fired all the writers of these past episodes.

Which makes sense since they forget about the grenade, do character development and then kill off the characters, quite poor writing

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

"Hey everyone, the show went well in its first season!"

"Great, whats next?"

"You're all fired!"

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

On another topic, Frank Darabont, the creator of the show has recently fired all the writers of these past episodes.

Which makes sense since they forget about the grenade, do character development and then kill off the characters, quite poor writing

Is that contrary to the comic? I just kind of assumed they'd use the grenade eventually and that main characters dying off was just common happenings in a zombie apocalypse.

hzvjpwS.gif

Is that contrary to the comic? I just kind of assumed they'd use the grenade eventually and that main characters dying off was just common happenings in a zombie apocalypse.

I actually completely forgot about the grenade as well.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the characters that they killed off weren't in the comic.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Apparently thats a lie about firing them all.

And they just used the grenade ;)

And they just used the grenade ;)

I about flipped out when she pulled out the grenade. :lol:

Great finale. Glad they clarified that Shane really did think that Rick was dead, although I still don't like him at all.

Can't wait until next season starts. I really hope it's sooner than the October 2011 date that I heard...

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew