Tip.It Times Presents: Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Kiara_Kat

A special edition of the Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

The Editor

In RuneScape we have come to expect some sort of update from Jagex pretty much every week. Indeed, they give us advance notice every month with their Behind the Scenes announcement. So let's take a look at ...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Remember! You can now write a Letter to the Editor if you have some thoughts to share about this article! Selected letters will be published in the Times' usual space on the main website during those weeks that no Tip.It Times article is being published.

For more information on writing a letter to the Editor, please visit this forum topic.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

Nice article. I'm looking for to the Letters to the Editor next week.

3zh5ap4.jpg

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man sleepy and blind in the eyes.

Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!

If it's the thought that counts, why aren't humans innately telepathic?

Time may change me, but I cant trace time

Love the name, love the article. good points you touched on, like the neglected updates.

1000th post FTW!!!

Another neglected update, or should I say updates: QUEST ENDINGS!

There have been no quest ending for the very popular quest series such as: Elf series, Red Axe series, Fairy Tale series, Myreque series, the desert series, tree gnome series, etc. We want those to be finished. Btw, if you want more information, read my signature.

I would put a cool link here but I don't know how.

This was a good article. I definitely agree about what it said about notifying the players when there are server problems. Even if they can't let us know while the servers are down, it would be nice to know what happened after they get it fixed.

I agree with everything mentioned in the article but..

Crossbows too, are another item that haven't really lived up to the hype ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ their only advantage appears to be that they can be wielded with one hand, allowing you to also use a shield. Useful when dragon slaying, to be sure, but that's about all. However, this could be fixed, should Jagex so desire, by way of the second category of updates: upgrades to existing content.

We do have one amazing crossbow out there, the hunter crossbow. Faster than normal metallic crossbows and ammo is cheap but a hassle to acquire. Both short and long kebbit bolts are able to hit almost as hard as what you hit with addy arrows. Not exactly bad.. :?

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Virtually every update is good in my opinion (with the exception of the reward balancing in temple trecking :P) the thing that has to be remembered is that an update cannot please evryone..... there will always be some people who dont like it.

I love it when we get game engin updates, not because of the updat to the game engine update, but they reason for why it was needed! it's very somthing insignificant :(

sig2webzx7.jpg

Aw, monthly! Oh, well, now i need to think of something to send in to the editor....

gazzy.jpg

Are you sick and tired of people telling you what to put in your sig? So am I. No, don't put this in your sig, you'll be doing what THEY want!

Very nice article, as always =D>

You forgot one more long awaited important feature: improving the chat system, more important than bank space reorg imo :|

And whats wrong with path-finding algorithm ? I never had any problems except when lagging ...

Most importantly however, the idea of players representatives group is very good, it should get more attention :pray:

Nice article, i liked to read it, but what getting a bigger game window? Or just me that think that?

offtopic: but you can play the game full screen.

Nice article, hopefully with you spending a month on them they'll be even better \'

RE: the bankspace issue. the editor seemed to overlook the costume room. That's was the largest bankspace upgrade the game has seen and is self organising.

darn you you stole what i was going to say, but yes the editor overlooked this, especially with the new ability to store H.A.M,

mehh im gonna miss teh weekly times :(

offtopic--

can u store H.A.M. in ur house :shock:

if i would get 1 gp everytime some1 said the word noob, i would keep saying it untill i got full dragon and a phat set!

training on my pure wall0fhope

RE: the bankspace issue. the editor seemed to overlook the costume room. That's was the largest bankspace upgrade the game has seen and is self organising.

darn you you stole what i was going to say, but yes the editor overlooked this, especially with the new ability to store H.A.M,

HAM, a must have for every self respecting member.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

well... I enjoyed the read tbh

it's true, jagex does a great job in updating this game. =D>

oh, and another example of a 'missed' update: the new minigame, I was a bit disappointed, but thats just my opinion :uhh:

maskyn.png

~99 Cooking on 06/20/2007~

~99 Agility on 03/02/2008 (1,006th)~

~99 Firemaking on 06/25/2008~

~99 Woodcutting on 06/29/2009~

~99 Fletching on 10/29/2009~