Everything posted by Vape
-
Messenger alternative
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=minimize%20to%20tray
-
Rewriting url with query string
BTTF: http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/reback :)
-
AOL Safety and Security Center
Windows firewall is a bad idea. AOL is generall a bad idea too though :lol: Try Zonealarm if your budget is 0.
-
Making a website - which program?
If you really want to go with a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor then try NVU - it's free, open source, and standards compliant :)
-
Sports Forum?
I'd like to point out that there was very little technical pc-related discussion before the tech & computers forum was created. Not saying a sports forum is necessary, just pointing this out.
-
I am SOOO annoyed!!!!
Dude.. why did you edit this to make a new complaint? Generally, if you want to discuss a lock, I think the protocol is to pm the mod that locked it. If you are not satisfied with the resolution, pm an administrator.
-
The Help & Advice Stickies
The topic about pictures is extremely valuable.
-
I am SOOO annoyed!!!!
Give us an example of something that's difficult to find. These forums use software called phpbb. The next release of phpbb is currently in beta, and I think search is improved (not sure though.)
-
Rewriting url with query string
Here's the code I ended up going with: Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.mysite\.server\.com$ [NC] RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://mysite.server.com/$1 [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^page=(programme|about|links)\.xhtml$ RewriteRule ^index\.php$ http://mysite.server.com/%1/? [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(|page=forms\.xhtml)$ RewriteRule ^index\.php$ http://mysite.server.com/? [R=301,L] # BEGIN WordPress RewriteEngine On RewriteBase /wordpress/ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /wordpress/index.php [L] # END WordPress Thanks for the suggestions anyway Albosky :)
-
Emote?
Yes t'is new. You can always get whatever other random emoticon you might want by just throwing it in tags though ;)
-
Rewriting url with query string
I have rewritten the page's content - the page at /programme/ actually exists, I just want people to be redirected when they visit the old url. I can tell you now there's an extra } in that php, but I'll try and read/understand it anyway. And yes mod_rewrite is enabled.
-
Rewriting url with query string
I want to make it so when people go to /index.php?page=about.xhtml they are redirected to /about/ I understand that I can either do this using .htaccess or by using php. I am replacing the old site with a wordpress installation, so it will have a new index.php file. I could integrate the php commands to get the page variable and then send headers into the new index.php, or as I said above, I could use .htaccess. From my limited udnerstanding of .htaccess it seems you have to do something special to get the variable out. There are only 5 urls that I want to rewrite, so it doesn't need to use regular expressions or anything (I don't yet understand regular expressions either :)) If someone is linked to/has bookmarked /index.php, I want them to be redirected to / (that's easy enough) If someone is linked to/has bookmarked /index.php?page=forms.xhtml, I want them to be redirected to / If someone is linked to/has bookmarked /index.php?page=programme.xhtml, I want them to be redirected to /programme/ If someone is linked to/has bookmarked /index.php?page=about.xhtml, I want them to be redirected to /about/ If someone is linked to/has bookmarked /index.php?page=links.xhtml, I want them to be redirected to /links/ Old index.php file <?php include('header.xhtml'); if(!empty($_GET['page'])) { include($_GET['page']); } else { include('main.php');include('counter.php'); } include('footer.xhtml'); ?> new Wordpress index.php file <?php /* Short and sweet */ define('WP_USE_THEMES', true); require('./wordpres/wp-blog-header.php'); ?> It would be kind of cool if I could integrate some kind of logging system to count the number of redirected hits so I can see that all this was only for the 3 people who actually bookmarked pages, but that's not really important. Thanks very much!
-
firefox and rs music help
Sounds like a problem with your MIDI player. I'm unsure about why ti would work in IE and not in Firefox though. The only thing I can think of is to make sure you have the latest version of Sun Java. Also making sure you have the latest windows updates and the latest version of Firefox is always a good idea.
-
Delete Posts
Depends on how it's "deleted" Most of the time, when a post that breaks the forum rules is "deleted," it is actually just hidden from public view - it goes to a deleted items board so the staff can analyze it and decide on the action, and so there's a track of what happened so it can be referred back to for ban appeals etc. It's quite rare for somethign to be deleted entirely, but it does happen. Um yeah, obviously I'm not TIF staff, and my info should be treated as such.
-
Making polls
If you wanted you could probably ask a mod to make a poll for you
-
Thx for the help on uploading!
Grab yourself some free webhosting that allows you to upload files. I believe geo-cities used to allow it back in the day.. although these forums censor geo-cities I think :-?
-
Does Anyone Know How To Set An Auto Shutdown Using XP?
Missing quotes/wrong syntax?
-
Poll Problem
Information which would be useful [*:2kgh00h2]What OS are you using? and what version of that OS? [*:2kgh00h2]What browser? and what version? [*:2kgh00h2]Is javascript off? [*:2kgh00h2]What firewall and version? [*:2kgh00h2]Do you have an ad-blocker? If so, which one, and what version?
-
Poll Problem
Got JavaScript disabled? Take a screenshot or paste a snippet of source code here? Try temporarily disabling your Firewall and/or ad-blocker.
-
Poll Problem
7? Do you see "You have already voted. View the results here." or do you see something else?
-
Problem
Sounds like overheating to me. Does the back of your computer get really hot?
-
Profile Help
It's to force you to change your password. There should probably be a notice or something for people who are still being redirected :-?
-
Websites as Graphs
Got semantic markup anyone?
-
Whats your highest Beep/Shuttle Run test score?
I think it was 12 or 13, can't remember though. I was pretty fit when I got that :) Soccer + tennis + cross country running does that for you :D
-
Re-post official stickies by ex-staff members.
http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=81115 seems to have slipped under the radar :) Otherwise, good job =D>