Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Phil

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Phil

  1. Phil replied to zeger6stinkt's topic in Off-Topic
    Well, it finally happened. We didn't sell it at work, so I took the liberty to download (Yea, I'm a bad boy) an album. Took a random album: The Boy wit h the Arab Strap. It's quite an easy listen, I like it so far. :) Any recomandations? Get their new album 'The Life Pursuit'
  2. Phil replied to zeger6stinkt's topic in Off-Topic
    Yeah I heard of them for ages and never remembered to listen to their album, but yeah it's worth checking out anyway :)
  3. Been meaning to watch it since it's been on here, but not got a chance yet. Will try to catch it next week. Might not understand it though since I've missed the first 4 or so episodes :(
  4. Phil replied to Dilts36's topic in Off-Topic
    Meh, just another historically innacurrate film, designed to make as much money as possible. Don't get me wrong the real story of William Wallace is good, but I don't like the film.
  5. A HijackThis log would be helpful. :)
  6. They think it's because of water that got onto the ship which started flowing from one side to the other, making the ship topple over eventually, which has happened before to a car ferry apparently.
  7. Lately? They've been doing them for years now. I've learned to take each one of them with a pinch of salt :P
  8. Want a song whose lyrics make you cry? Tim McGraw - Don't Take The Girl.
  9. Phil replied to zeger6stinkt's topic in Off-Topic
    Ahh yes Bloc Party are great. One band whose album I recently got was Belle and Sebastian. Brilliant stuff.
  10. Heh you didn't try very hard - http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=321 ... hlight=die :wink: Anyway since that's old I'll leave this one open :)
  11. I'm willing to bet adaware would catch things that spysweeper missed. (and vice versa) This is why it is is suggested to run more than one type of spyware scan when checking your system. I'm sorry but 2 years studying computers doesn't make you an expert here and that becomes quite clear when reading your posts.
  12. Phil replied to MPM's topic in Off-Topic
    It's great having a mate that works at the cinema. I don't know how much I've saved but I know it's quite a bit :P Anyway, 7 movies a month for a whole year is a lot! :shock:
  13. Phil replied to kripz's topic in Tech and Computers
    This is because runescape cannot be played to its full potential in FF. This is why IE (or the client) is the suggested browser for poeple playing rs. One example of this is no sound in FF. Just because people rs in IE doesn't mean they use IE for normal browsing. http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=269556 Most poeple choose to only block ads which are intrusive or laggy (or which cause other problems) Some of us actually like to support the site by clicking ads once in a while. Personally I only got adblock when I was getting ads that made me lag really badly, which was quite recently. I had no use for it until then.
  14. Phil replied to xmashacker's topic in Off-Topic
    Yes it's a tv programme, though it also has other meanings which wouldn't be appropriate for here :wink:
  15. Caesar 3, pretty old game these days but still really addictive. - PC game.
  16. I dont think im the only one here thats never heard of them WHAT-SO-EVER! lol sure you have. think "who let the dogs out."
  17. Phil replied to DragonFirenze's topic in Off-Topic
    I fail to see where you are going with this.
  18. Looks like they are trying to encourage the piracy of games.
  19. How did you know this? Are you some sort of cruise liner spotter? :shock:
  20. Phil replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    Heh, I can't really judge anyone doing this. When I was 14 me and a mate were caught by a policeman walking his dog (who happens to live 2 houses away from me) throwing snowballs at houses. Can't say were doing it to damage the property, just doing it to be annoying or something I dunno. Totally learnt my lesson like. When we went to apologise to the owners of the houses most of them were like "boys will be boys" :oops: My parents were more annoyed at the policeman though - long story & not gonna tell it here. I would say though if you are going to throw snowballs don't throw them at cars. It's really dangerous - you could end up killing someone.
  21. Actually that is surprising. No one said it at my uni and I did an IS/IT degree. I am glad that I managed to finish school before most poeple found online gaming.
  22. Use the sticky for advertising.
  23. Phil replied to Phil's topic in Off-Topic
    I'm hoping that as it goes on it'l get better and maybe be as funny as Father Ted. Dunno if that is possible though :?
  24. RHCP started out in 1983 :wink: Another good oldish band is REM
  25. Phil posted a topic in Off-Topic
    New series starting on channel 4 shortly called the "IT crowd" It's from the same people who made Father Ted, so will hopefully be pretty good, this first one was ok, nothing too special though. Wouldn't normally post about a new series, but channel 4 are actually showing the episodes online a week before they are on tv. Not sure how many have done this before. http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/t ... I/itcrowd/ Worth a watch it if you are bored :wink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.