Everything posted by fastortoise
-
Prenuptial Agreements
I am missing your point. Enjoyment is a side effect of sex, not its natural purpose. I still don't see where you're going here. Why do we have that side effect? Sex is fun because if it wasn't, nobody in their right mind would do it. There is a cost to acquiring a partner (not necessarily monetary value, mostly all the invested time and emotion... the actual biological cost in humans is buried under culture and etiquette), you can also get a venereal disease, your genes only have a 50% probability of being passed on, it leaves the door open for 'jumping genes' which muddle up our genome, and over time systematically demolishes the all the best gene combinations (someone's hatchet example). Biologists can sometimes come up with tantalizing theories on how sex replaced cloning in eukaryotes but at the face of it, we still have no idea.
-
Real life help & advice
The stuff you gotta use for that stuff has to already be in solid form (unless that picture is from the inside of a beer fridge) so glue and/or paint won't work. You need something that's solid and that melts nicely... plastic sounds perfect to me :thumbup:
-
The Style Thread
Does anyone know if Giltman ships to my homeland?
-
Starcraft 2
I just got bumped up from gold to platinum :cool: . Can't wait for the release, I'm tired of playing on my friend's account with this terrible username
-
Anyone help me with some workout info?
Yeah at first I thought exactly like myweapons, but after doing freeweights for awhile now I see much more improvement than when I stuck with machines. Machines are really only for huge guys who only want to train a certain muscle group. For the rest of us, there's free weights.
- Today...
- Today...
-
Oil Spill Off of the Gulf Expected to be Worse Than Exxon Valdez
Wow, just wow. :thumbdown:
- Today...
-
Fusion Energy
You should never completely trust scientists. Look through history, they believed cutting you made you better, something heavier than air couldn't possibly fly, the sun orbited the earth. We assume all too quickly that we are different. What? Cutting yourself does make you better... you just have to believe.
-
Maturity
I'm studying Biology so to me being mature means being fully developed, and my huge [rooster] assures me that I am. However some people like using the word to describe complete mental development, and this post tells me that I am not yet at this stage.
-
Fusion Energy
I could've sworn the reason we don't do fusion is because it requires more energy to start than it produces. Why would they even bother researching it as a possible energy source if it consumes more energy than it produced. HERMDURPBLURP
-
Fusion Energy
OKAY MORANS: IRON: most stable nucleus bigger atoms want to split to make smaller nuclei, releasing energy. small atoms want to join together at very high temperatures to make bigger ones to go towards iron, this produces energy. that's what happens in stars, that's why they're so bright. The easiest fusion reaction is between 2 hydrogen isotopes (heavy and super heavy hydrogen), get them close enough and they become helium 5 which splits into helium and a neutron and releases a [cabbage]load of energy. We're being constantly bombarded by neutrons from this exact reaction from the core of the sun but they just wiz through us. Scientists only care about the easy fusion of heavy and superheavy hydrogen. Superheavy hydrogen is not found in nature but we can get it with a simple reaction with lithium which is very abundant. WE CAN DO FUSION. We just don't have the technology to convert the energy from fusion into electricity. I'm a goddamn biology major that didn't study physics for 2 years and I know more than you people... go read a book.
- Today...
-
Reveal Confessions, Secrets & Regrets...
My friend loves Spongebob, and he's nearly 22. I knew a guy who is like 25 and watches Johnny Bravo. Oh good golly (I'm pretty sure that's what he says) Also, Lenin, I didn't add tik tok to my library. Girls download music they like onto my computer and listen to it when i'm ignoring them :thumbup:
-
Favorite thing about the opposite sex?
Well, technically most people prefer this character trait in everyone, not just the opposite sex. Funny thing is, I could really care less about that... better off if they aren't violent offenders though. I dunno, insane girls can sometimes ruin your night whenever the hell they want just because feel like it. They're slightly easier to manage because they're also generally dumb, and sometimes its great being with them, but for the most part I avoid them. I simply touch another girl on the shoulder while we're out and she's angry at me for the next week... I try explaining to her that she's just a moron and she gets ever angrier <_<
-
Bret Michaels hospitalized after brain hemorrhage
After watching an episode of Rock of Love I've always wanted to slug him in the face, now is my chance :thumbsup:
-
Reveal Confessions, Secrets & Regrets...
Confession: if tik-tok starts playing on my itunes the second I wake up I feel like the most special person in the world and actually sing along. When it's over I feel dirty and violated :-( NOW THE PARTY DON'T START TIL I WALK IN
-
What did you do today?
Jesus you guys are lazy. I did a 10 minute sprint on a rowing machine today and my back is killing me. I was so sure I had proper posture but with no friends to check on me I guess I slipped up:thumbdown:
-
Today...
9am - wake up and hit the gym 11am - girl is bored alone in her house, I take care of that (I actually almost threw up after chugging my protein shake and taking a whiff of myself at her doorstep) 12am - friends are meeting up to play hockey at 1 5pm - finally stop playing hockey 6pm - hit up the an OBurger and stuff my face 7pm - play freaking soccer for two hours 9pm - same girl is still bored but sounds angry, I go home 10pm - probably should've studied... I go see what's new on the internet now - probably should've gone to the girls house, my neighbours are being loud and i'm gonna have trouble sleeping I get so much done when it's nice outside it's ridiculous, I'm aching all over. :mrgreen:
-
Is it possible to be too nice?
Sometimes being extremely nice is charming, but then again sometimes it can be extremely annoying. I find most of the time it's charming, most people are probably annoyed though. For example, I visited my grandmother last weekend and it rained so she kept apologizing for the weather. But she's almost 90 and cares for a farm by herself so she's a tad insane, it's possible she actually thinks she controls the weather. But yeah, people don't always have to hear "i'm sorry" to be comforted - you can still be nice just don't overuse the word because then if you say it in a heavy situation people might not take you seriously.
-
Stephen Hawking warns against aliens
Yeah, I mean if they exist, they'd have to have cracked the speed limit of light travel if they'd have a chance to find us, which is supposedly physically impossible. EDIT: If I were Jarred Diamond, I'd feel extremely humbled right now. As far as I know, he was the first to warn humans that sending out signals to potential aliens was a death sentence of the human race. He probably wasn't the first to come up with the idea, but it was from him where I heard it formulated and clearly explained the best. And now that Stephen Hawking agrees with him, using one of his own examples (Columbus in America), it's just cool.
-
Successful gay music/artists :)
I pretty much burst into flames listening to Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy (Queen)
-
Deoderant and Antiperspirant
When I first started wearing deodorant I thought I had the same problem as you but then I figured out i'd just been smearing on way too much of the stuff, and now that I only put on 4 strokes under each arm there's no problem. I really like the Axe chocolate one, I've been using it for the past 2 months :thumbup: Doesn't smell like chocolate at all but it's really great.
- Today...