Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fastortoise

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fastortoise

  1. I was grinning through that entire post. Even you were making fun of white people thinking Asians all look the same, I must say you are absolutely right [hide=][/hide] The same thing happened to me, but with Filipinos (or is it Filipinas?)
  2. You know you've discovered something awesome when all you can think about during your first encounter is petting it
  3. I always assumed I'd major in Biology, but I recently discovered I have to make a choice between a bunch of different types of Biology. I'll have to set an appointment with a student adviser blah blah blah. In the end, I want to do medical research based on Genetics.
  4. Cucumber sandwiches \
  5. I'm definitely sure they know more than me. And I'm not angry at scientists... i'm angry at the media. Maybe read my post again...? I don't see why you're getting all hostile on me. Anyways, it's not the scientists' fault there has been no cure to AIDs yet. If a post-doc wants a grant, they need to convince whoever they're asking for money that their plan will work and support further research. Anybody with a "sort of good idea" that could work, but the idea would be too out of the box to get funds. It pretty much kills off any creative ideas being brought to the table by post-docs (the youngest scientists).
  6. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    To work off my hangover this morning, I lay in bed listening to music. An hour later, I realized I had been listening to a course lecture (my teacher recorded them all last semester and I have them on my laptop) for a good 45 minutes. I was furious - LEARNING ON A SATURDAY!? Now I'm taking it eaaaasy. No part time job this semester = pure joy.
  7. You do realize children read some of these posts, right? On-Topic: I realized today that if I hadn't read The Origin of Species, or known the theory of evolution, I may have actually considered having a slave. That's assuming my peers would have convinced me that whites were created to dominate all other races.
  8. All you have to make sure they were born a girl and you're golden. Most of the girls I'm interested from that class wear tight short shorts when they play, so I can easily check if they're carrying any extra luggage. Plus, what are the chances of being in a classroom with a "special" person (if you know please tell me, I'm becoming paranoid now).
  9. I noticed I'm attracted to a lot of the girls in my squash class, so I guess I'm attractive to firmness. Girls with high cardiovascular endurance and low body fat, to be technical. Combine that with a pretty face and i'm head over heels for them
  10. Well it's definitely interesting, I'm going to read up about it, but it's been done before. My problem is that the media keeps saying it's a new discovery and that there is finally hope for a cure, and shove that down everyone's throat. They talk about how scientists are thinking out of the box when their minds have been inside for decades. Every new approach reported has probably been tested before... the scientists studying AIDS for the past decade weren't just standing around picking their noses.
  11. So if any of you got the kid's address, you'd just walk in and punch him in the face? Kick his nose in? Then what? Does that solve any [bleep]ing thing? THINK A LITTLE
  12. In simpler words: people are going nuts (again) about an HIV vaccine possibility. As we all know, HIV is constantly mutating and thus no single vaccine could eradicate the disease &c. So scientists look for a common trait found in every strain of the disease and try targeting it. I thought of this when I was 14, yet people think these scientists are geniuses for thinking "out of the box". Why do people go "OMG I WOULD NEVER HAVE THOUGHT OF TARGETING A NON FATAL PART OF THE STRAIN" when that's a perfectly logical thing to do? If someone is pointing a gun at you, you don't necessarily have to hit the gun out of his hands - you can shoot/stab/kick a non lethal part of him like his legs or something. People go wild when they hear scientists look for a cure for HIV found originally in Nature, and wonder how scientists could ever have thought doing such a thing "it's so smart!". Yet there's an entire freaking field of science (bio mimicry) that does exactly that. If I know all this stuff, surely scientists worldwide should too? I'm sure these scientists have been looking for a cure and finding one, just like the one found in the above article, for decades. Then the media labels it as a new type of cure when it's just the same [bleep]ing thing over and over and over again. Oh, you found an antibody that naturally resists AIDS? DURP DURP DURP NO [cabbage]. IT'S BEEN DONE BEFORE, GENIUSES i'll stop now. i'm just hot and angry. I stop making sense when I start swearing anyways.
  13. Or maybe they don't agree that it should provoke them in the first place. Why shouldn't it provoke them? Because everybody in the world is equal and we all respect each other? It's naive to think we have reached that point, and saying the n-word to black people, who have come a long way and have a sad history, is just reminding them of all the injustices that were and still are holding them back. An assumption made against someone because their skin color is white is what's racist. Saying a word is not always racist though. Often times it is, but in some contexts it's not racist at all. But of course, it's fine to be prejudice against whites and assume what context they are using when they say it. :lol: This is true, including the last sarcastic phrase : .
  14. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    I miss stupid answers like these. The only idiotic thing I've heard in my years in college was (in calc) "Sir, what is that sideways infinite sign thing?"... it was an eight. :lol: Also, what the hell is this club thing? My life isn't cooler than anyone else's, trust me. A lot of it involves traveling on a bus or walking around and sleeping. It just seems exciting because I condense 24 hours into the 5 minutes of fun in a few lines.
  15. This will help me as well, I have horrific handwriting. But I think the only way to get better is practice. Good handwriting is for unimportant people anyways.
  16. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    I don't know where I would be without my daily coffee. I take pride in drinking black coffee - us "dirt guzzlers" are a dying breed, in this world of Starbucks and Nestcafe nancies. Today I finally got to play some SQUASH! Luckily for me there are 3 other good people in my class (normally everyone is [developmentally delayed]ed when it comes to squash), two of them being pretty girls And the guy is a pretty good guy, so I'm going to have a lot of fun playing with them this semester. People in our class thought I was banging one of the girls' brains out when they heard us grunting and her yelling like a porn actress, with us leaving the court panting and sweaty :lol: I gave the guy who made the joke an obligatory high five of course.
  17. I think politicians forget again and again that kids tune out whenever a dude in a suit addresses them. I don't blame them - people in suits are excruciatingly dull.
  18. Look, people in our society have been using the word against blacks for generations. Anyone who has the slightest bit of passion towards they're ancestry will get angry when you throw the term around like it has lost all meaning, so I don't see why anyone would pointlessly provoke somebody unless they're racist. And that's why it's racist, nowadays.
  19. Ghostface Killah - The Champ I can see myself blasting out my (parents') car windows with this song. Holy [cabbage].
  20. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    Today I found out Ghostface Killah released an album back in 2006 :shock: With a track sung with the entire Clan, including the deceased ODB. I'm in rrrrruuuv
  21. My family loses about 50% of it's total income. We understand why and acknowledge that its a kick in the balls but we don't whine about it. In fact, hardly any Canadian whines as much as you do. Get realistic and stop whining.
  22. fastortoise replied to Pinkbullet3's topic in Off-Topic
    My last concentration course is Linear Algebra and it's fantastically easy. There's something about linear functions that just clicks in my head, and there's a really cute girl in my lectures that I'm already starting to reel in. When she walked in during our third lecture she was hesitating back and forth up the rows, trying to decide where to sit, when I said "you must be very bad at Frogger". She's been sitting with me since, even though she has a friend in our class... Now I'm just going to impress her with my math skills until she can't take it anymore :lol:
  23. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    I'm finally starting to feel normal. Ever since I woke up this morning I felt like a zombie, puking every half hour. I have no idea what happened last night between 12 and 2 AM, but I woke up between two fairly good looking girls (I only recognized one of them) on the grass of my friends backyard. It was so cold last night and this morning that they were completely wrapped around me, but I couldn't savour the moment :wall: I just got up quickly, barfed the leftover unprocessed alcohol in my body and walked home for what felt like forever. I'd say I'm never going to drink again but I've already experienced day-long hangovers where I remind myself never to drink, but I always break my rule. Thinking back, I do remember yelling at and insulting this one guy who was boasting about drinking his beer in a bull horn. And then throwing his hash ziplocks into the pool or something. Then doing a Russian dance and kicking my shoe off my foot all the way on the roof. Then going in the garage with my wingman and talking to a bunch of girls with glasses. Then sitting in a canoe with one the them, where I think I passed out. That's about all I remember, very hazy night.
  24. The Habs got a complete makeover, hopefully it'll be for the best. I can't wait to watch Camerelli rip it on the ice
  25. 1. The power to turn whatever I touch into a bunch of Skittles 2. A pair of gloves that prevent me turning people or things I like into a pile of Skittles 3. An anti-paradox machine that prevents me from exploding when I try making tiny Skittles by touching regular Skittles

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.