Is a macro for reporting macroers allowed?

Iamdan

Ok I have a script, (Didn't write it myself) which reports obvious macroers. It is designed to be left at a place such as yews, then reports level 3's and 4's in default clothing.

Of course, there is a tiny chance that it will report a legit skiller in default clothing, but 1 bad report out of 100 or so isn't something to complain about.

My question: Is this allowed? Rule 7 is

"You must not use other software to gain an unfair advantage in the game."

Using this macro is not gaining any advantage, in fact it is helping out everyone associated with the game. (Except that macroers)

The only way that TECHNICALLY it comes under rule 7 is

"Software that generates input to the RuneScape applet. This includes software that automatically moves the mouse pointer or generates mouse clicks or key presses."

Though I think this macro should be allowed an exception.

Could somebody send a question to jagex about this? I would myself but f2pers don't get answered. At least I haven't.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do recognise, using a macro, to get rid of macroers is still a macro, and therefore you're using a macro to get rid of macroers even though your macroing is illegal under the rules of JAGeX. :twisted:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

The reason why macroing is against the rules, is because it gives players an unfair advantage. My script however does not. Even though it still is macroing, logically there should be an exception, because it doesn't violate the reason WHY macroing is not allowed.

The reason why macroing is against the rules, is because it gives players an unfair advantage. My script however does not. Even though it still is macroing, logically there should be an exception, because it doesn't violate the reason WHY macroing is not allowed.

True... Btw, Nice Avvy.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Veeeery interesting.

Mind you, since I'm on F2P at the moment, I report macros just because I'm bored. And hey, maybe someday they'll make me a mod for it....

been doing the same thing for 2 years, i still don't see a lil silver crown... :boohoo:

addymzammyvest,rickster2005.gif

newscape350x19yi5.gif

go for it, sacrifice 1 to destry 100 of them is worth it

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

I say all the power to you, get rid of this problem and you would be a legend to all fair f2p characters. I don't know why jagex hasn't thought of something like this. YAY

That would make a nice rule.

Rule 14: You may not woodcut using a level 3, 4, or 5 charecter in defult clothing.

or

Rule 14: To woodcut you must be at least combat level 15 and not be wearing defult clothes.

Go for it.

I say all the power to you, get rid of this problem and you would be a legend to all fair f2p characters. I don't know why jagex hasn't thought of something like this. YAY

That would make a nice rule.

Rule 14: You may not woodcut using a level 3, 4, or 5 charecter in defult clothing.

or

Rule 14: To woodcut you must be at least combat level 15 and not be wearing defult clothes.

Go for it.

Dude, you're an idiot #-o

That would, first of all, ruin skillers...

Second of all, you must realize that these macroers had to (macro or legit) get up to 60 woodcutting just to get to cut yews...getting 15 combat wouldn't stop them at all... :roll:

Dude, you're an idiot #-o

Dude, your feeble attempt at an insult is hilarious.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure about this. It's for a good cause, but could potentially upset REAL people out there (as in, getting reported and possibly banned when you're not one). We really need an official response from Jagex about this one, as it is ironic ( :lol: at Bubsa).

great Idea, but I imagine Jagex is power hungry and dont want anyone messing with their game (like using extra programs with it) or having people suggest using extra programs with it.

bunch of snot-headed, money hungry, great game designing, lunatics.

ty jagex! ::'

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide