Sharks... Obsolete?

Ts_Stormrage

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then the only hope is to get Jagex to actually start banning autoers on a large enough scale to have an effect on the market. (could be dangerous, after all, If it's not broken don't fix it.)

therealdealseelmealbugyn3.png

We tried using an abyssal whip to 'suggest' they work faster

How do u get away with autoing at the fishin holes? I talk with fishermen all the time. If they wearin noob outfit and dont say a word then I report them. God forbid they ever send a mod to moniter auroer spots.

Also, price of sharks may be goin down cause of all the noted raw shark drops at Brine Rats and Ice Trolls. I got 100+ sharks from the brine rat drops

mbrun.gif

Barrows Drops: Guthan's platelegs and War Spear, Dharok's plate body and Great Axe, Verac's Flail, Verac's Helm x 2, Ahrim's top, Dharok's plate legs

Dragon Drops: Medium Helm x 4, Shield Left Half, plate legs x 2, skirt x 2.

If you want the best healing, just bring 22 sara brews, and 6 super restores. Given, they are more expensive, and take longer to eat/drink, but the extra healing is worth in imo.

And if you want inexpensive healing, I would go for monkfish.

but for a easyier way sharks might be the next best thing sadly...With autoer's dropping the price you will be able to buy alot more now for the same amount of money...

I agree tuna potatoes are better for healing, but is it really worth the time? some say yes, others say no..

You decide! :ohnoes:

Snakebite420.png

I use sharks for tougher fights for quests, kq, pking and etc. I can fish them with ease and just cook them. Potatoes needs me to do this...do that...not worth the hassle. Now I have to rethink my fishing plan since I can't really earn anything off sharks now, I can earn more from lobs. Then again, I could just fish that 3k sharks and keep it in bank to use later on or when the price rises back up which they hopefully will.

99 Fletch~~99 WC~~79/81 Fishing

87/94 Magic~~84 Range

Etha! Saradomin Forever~CW

CB: 107 Total: 1788+

ON BREAK

Sharks will always be most efficient. whether or not the other foods beat it out result-wise, the process itself is far less efficient.

while sharks are beaten by tuna potatoes, the making of the potatoes is long. if you're a pker, u need good food in the hundreds, maybe 1000 of them. how often do u see a guy selling tuna potatoes en masse?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I still think that sharks have some value in the RS world. For example, someone leveling fishing gradually instead of powertraining may want to fish sharks for the monentary reasons. Also, as a food, they are easier, faster, and only slightly less effective, than tuna potatoes. And, as far as I know, they are still the food of choice for pkers.

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

sharks are very obsolete.. all of the autos fish wayto many... in one day i went up like 100 something rankings in fishing... no xp gained... shows how many autoers actully get banned

bpkwolfen.png

99 Fletching 99 Cooking 99 Thieving 99 herbloree 99 magic 99 crafting 99 smithing 99 attack 99 strength 99 defence 99 hitpoints

99woodcutting 99mining 99 fishing 99 firemaking 99 hunter 99 prayer

I have a feeling Jagex will release a new, higher level fish soon. Just because of the autoer's pushing the sharks.

Orca?

Giant Squid?

A Chuck Norris Cookie?

[hide=1)(not to wakka, but others) Read this at your own risk, it is not my fault if you find this insulting.]Don't be discriminative against a portion of the Chinese population, lets count how many paedophiles, serial killers, drug traffickers and the wider black market and organised crime is from. America is to blame for a hell of a lot, if you want to go to the roots, blame Great Britain for populating a lot of the world, or if you want to go deeper, blame your religions or in other cases, science!!! You cant blame what, about 1.3 BILLION LIVING BREATHING PEOPLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF A HANDFUL. I take any racism against Asia personally. Without China, the world would be officially fudged over.[/hide]

2) Please stop the freaking quote spamming!!!

3) Saradomin Brews actually heal 15% + 2 of your HP, does go over the max, but you essentially take 1 damage until your hp returns to your normal state.

4) Unless there are Orcas or Squids that can slap out a massive 27+, sharks will be the favoured food for the dangerous situations.

Hey!

Thats only to clan! If you want my cheap Tuna-spuds, come join...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Sharks are far from obsolete, mainly because they are so much easier to buy then tuna potatoes that most people will forgo the extra 2 hp and just by the shark.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I don't see how the easiest to obtain (and now relatively cheap) food that heals nearly the most amout of hp in 1 bite is obsolete.

At least in the perspective of someone who uses them to eat, instead of to make money by fishing them.

It's amazing how each aspect of the Shark is rendered obsolete, but when combining these aspects into 1, you have something that is far from it.

The current shark price at time of writing is 500gp each. (480-530)

I think they'll hold steady at that point for now...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

i dont think gold farming is very good because other easy jobs earn just as much money.

You have to remember, this is china. They have a huge population there are many unemployed people in there economy and they have to do what ever they can to make some money. An example is Walmart hiring indoniesian workers for a few dollars a day.

Back on topic, I am happy prices dropped I can now actually afford to use sharks.

Surely food is becoming more and more obselete except when facing very high level monsters, as most people who can afford to buy lots of sharks are now resorting to using guthans instead.

But that doesnt explain why only sharks are dropping, instead of food in general.

I think that it is a combination of autoers, gold farmers and skillcape owner wannabes. Jagex needs to have a big overhaul of autoer bannings. They've done it before, and we are due for another one.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I think that it is a combination of autoers, gold farmers and skillcape owner wannabes.

Will poeple like you please SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!I'm freaking tired of jerks like you bashing an "easy" skill when your not even CLOSE to maxing ANY skill.

Back to the topic, blah blah blah, everyones repeating the same things and I'm not going to bother typing for the 50th time on this thread.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!