Decline In Fury Prices

Macmaster92

Ok, i know there have been a couple of topics about this but it is really starting to worry me.

As many of you know furys, since the updated bracelets and karmja gloves, have gone down ALOT. When i bought my fury about 2 months ago i bought it for 4.9m. Then i saw it go down to about 4.8. When the bracelets came out they went down to about 4.5-4.6m. Then after the karmja gloves came out it went down even farther to 4.2m-4.3m.

Last night i had a buyer for my fury at 4.2 now i had to go at the last second. I told him that i would save it for him tomorrow. And what do yo uknow today i don't hear a single word from him. And do you know why?

Furys have gone donw even further to 3.7m-3.8m.

People are going crazy. They are manipulating prices on the fourms, people are selling them left and right for cheap prices, and my friend today got lucky and bought one for 3m.

I, being a fury owner, am getting very worried. I have lost a good amount of money on this and i am thinking i should sell my fury.

So, do any of you think the fury will go down even more?

Please discuss.

prospektssigza4.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is only the start.. Expect it to go down further, it will likely end up to be around 3 million.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Well it could have gone up. If the bracelets and neckleaces were a bust alot of onyxs would have been waisted so it could have stablaized. I didn't think it would go do more then about 200k.

Apparently the common mindset out there in the runescape population is stuckup on the assumption that the onyx bracelet (possible uses in thieving aspects?) and necklace (combined with onyx weapons make good training exp up to the standards of using whip) are useless items so majority of the onyxs are still being made into furies. Hence the presence of the additional 2 onyx jeweleries are not affecting fury prices as much unless a good use for one of them has been leaked out to majority of the runescape population.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

This is actually good for most of the population. Fury's will become more affordable to the general population.

Why should the people who can't afford furys be helped when "we" the people with furys worked hard for them and are now pay for our hard work. Doesn't seem right .

prospektssigza4.jpg

This is actually good for most of the population. Fury's will become more affordable to the general population.

i totally agree with hunter

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

yeah, cheaper furies means players getting better xp per hour over glories, that's good for the whole community. I'm lvl 123 combat with 94 slayer and sold my fury long ago because the difference in cost for glories and furies was too much imo. My money was more efficient elsewhere. I'm glad to have the opportunity to get back a fury for a more reasonable price. Price change happens all the time, you can either complain and whine or adapt and accept. Please remember that Runescape is an evolving game, updates unbalance the game every 2 weeks or so through quests, mini games, skill addition or new weapons-resources. Live with it or quit.

- this post wasn't intended for anyone in particular, just anyone that has whine or bashed Jagex for any update over the last 5 years... so i'd say 75% of RSers.

Great game Jagex, keep those updates coming and what about a better ammy than fury in the next year?

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Perhaps Jagex was intending to come out with a new jewelery that may replace fury as the best ammy in the game. Anyway Furies have been crowned the best amulet in the game for some time now.

Perhaps Jagex was intending to come out with a new jewelery that may replace fury as the best ammy in the game. Anyway Furies have been crowned the best amulet in the game for some time now.

I thought about that also.

A note to people i am not trying to complain. I am just shocked.

prospektssigza4.jpg

i bought my fury back when they were 5 mill. The decline in prices is not really a problem for me since I don't plan on selling my fury anyway and if I ever lose it, it will be cheaper to re-buy anyway. It is a great item for slayer or just about anything combat related but before the update it was well over priced when you compare it to a glory.

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

yes, but its the most efficient amulet in the game. if lower lvels could afford them, it wouldnt hold much purpose.

truth is..an amulet shouldn't cost 4m

for a best amulet in the game, it should cost way more.

Why should the people who can't afford furys be helped when "we" the people with furys worked hard for them and are now pay for our hard work. Doesn't seem right .

Welcome to the world of RSC players.

Before you could afford a fury, did you wish it was cheaper?

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

don't sell it man.. hold onto it..

So what if prices have dropped. I remember when DRAGONSTONES where 1 mill each.

So.. don't worry...

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

It was obviously going to go down in price, for the jewellery update - but the karamja gloves update also has lowered the price.

Sorry to say but you should have sold it before both updates, if you were worried about price. I sold mine :D

barrowsmguthan,bob%20baldrick.gif

Welcome to the world of RSC players.

Before you could afford a fury, did you wish it was cheaper?

amen... ::'

this kind of posts isnt a rarity these days...

why are you worried? you paid for a good amulet, it went down in price... thats all their is to it, stick with it and keep it... i have no regrets that i bought my fury for like 4.5mil in runes + like 50k for crafting.

honestly, not a big deal i paid like 6mil in like 5mil was cash and another mil in items... i dont regret it.

honestly, i could get an onyx for 1.5mil roughly if the price of obby mauls were 100k ea 15 later = onyx.

but prices have risen slightly and well... i just dont care, maybe ill get a berserker necklace later.

Welcome to the reality. Prices change, live with it or leave because of it.

Furies could have gone up temporary if the bracelets or other new jewelries had been something extremely good. However just temporary as the price for Onyx was always the same. Keeping a non discontinued item is always a risk if you don't want to lose money: either you need an update to keep their price high (or it can drop it like this one), some new function will be found (=red chinchompas) or the price already is so low that it can't get a lot lower.

This update doesn't shake my boat to a direction nor to another. It's not the first time something I own drops in value, it's not the first time when something good and useful gets a price which attracts people and it's not the first time when people are trying to manipulate the prices.

Eventually the price of a fury will settle down and it'll cost a bit than it costs to get the onyx. At the moment the price is floading, but it'll take from few days to a week for it to settle. Without a new update that's a sure thing.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Well it would be odd for the prices to go up right? I mean theres alwasy fome furys coming into the game and probably almost none going out. its only logical the prices go down. also with the jewelry update people stocked up on onyx, and in the end the fury sitll seemed the best out of all the onyx jewelry bringing even more furys into the game. As for the Karamja gloves I haven't looked at the new update could someone tell me what that's about?

backword821.png

Personally, I'm glad fury prices are crashing. Furies were way too expensive for their worth anyway; rightfully, they should cost around 3m each. 5m for something that's barely better than a glory is just ridiculous.

chesssigtexttipitlt0.jpg

Stunning signature created by the one and only My Boggy.

Just like Columbus he gets murderous on purpose