Highscores getting more and more Members Only?

Kill_Life

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pure f2p and my total level in around 750,000.

Also all of my stats are in the hi scores.

Womzoomed-1.gif

What has become of the runescape community???? :wall:

There is a community?

yah i think thats one of the reasons the highscores is top 1mil not top 250k or something cause people use the highscores to look people up. i remember when 51 wc got me in the highscores like 11 months ago or somethng..casual members are more valued then dedicated f2p and dedicated members are way up thier. imo for the highscores to be really highscores they'd have to make it top 100k or less..then i'd accually have some skills "not ranked" but yes in overall the highscores are totally members only in skillz like mining or something lots of nonmembers lots..

StarViv.png

im f2p, and as you can see most of my skills are in the highscores, and the two that aren't (attack and magic) were both only one level away last time i checked. i'll still be there at least for a while...

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

it isnt really hard to get in highscores as f2per :S but i still would love it to be f2p only and p2p only highscores (btw im ranked 426077ed as pure f2p)

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

And aren't the Highscores just here to check on our stats?
It's not hard to login to check your stats anyway :|

I mean for others to see your stats.

Okay now with the new lunar spells highscores are not really needed to check stats now? Just use the new spell :P

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

[...]Okay now with the new lunar spells highscores are not really needed to check stats now? Just use the new spell :P

Jagex beats me...

But Free Players can't use it, or people who's Magic isn't high enough, or who haven't done the quest, hehehe.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Just this question to all people who are f2p and still in the Highscores:

- How long have you been playing?

- What were your stats ranked a while (months) ago?

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

well yea members will be all over the high scores because of two reasons. they actually spend money for runescape and that means their dedicated and are gonna play 5 or 6 hours a day usually. and they have a lot of skills that f2p don't have. Eventually in the end it's possible that there will be only members on the highscores, presuming that they all had higher f2p skill levels than any non member and at least lvl 2 in one single p2p skill. I dont care im only lvl 87 and im still on high scores and im f2p.

Make sure to be pleased with the ways of your death

For in days of reckoning and when the twilight torn is ticking

Elysium is halfway and as an answer to the plea

You're destined to yield fragments of Hell in return

1: september/october 2001

2: befor farming was released --> ranked 15000-20000

befor construction was released --> ranked 60000-70000

befor hunting was released --> ranked 195000

now --> +-240.000th

my total lvl just befor rs2 was released: 800

----> was ranked +- 5000 then

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

I have been playing since 05 and all my stats have been in the Hi Scores for a while now. Since around June 06 or something.

My lowest ones were around 700,000 but now they are nearly all in top 500,000

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Guest ShadowClawe

Sorry if this was said already. I didnt want to have to read through all 4 pages of previous posts.

{Jeesh Kill life, I keep thinking of you as a girl :P I think its your sig...}

Members are definately taking over the hi-scores, but like someone said, it won't affect the game in any way.

Anyway... what I have to say:

The reason they are taking over the high scores is because they have way more freedom in their training.

Example:

Player 1 (Mining level 30), (F2P.) needs a lot of iron ore for smithing experience. Since he can't seem to find a mine

that has a lot of iron and is not crowded, he has to go to the least crowded mine and compete with 2 other players every rock.

Player 2 (Mining level 30), (P2P.) also needs a lot of iron ore for smithing xp. Because he is P2P, he can: 1. Go to members

worlds where the iron mines are less crowded. 2. Go to specific members mines that are less crowded/contain more iron than F2P mines.

Get my point?

P2Pers can train F2P skills way easier than F2Ps, which explains why members are "taking over the highscores."

Another thing, that doesnt involve members, but autoers.

ARE AUTOERS TAKING OVER THE HIGH SCORES?

At the moment, anyone who can chop down a yew tree is in the hiscores for woodcutting. (This may change in a few months or so.) This means that all those autoers by the yew trees are taking up the high scores for woodcutting!!! This makes it extremely hard to make it on the hiscores for these skills, the skill that you "make something out of nothing." This does not apply to only woodcutting, but also other "something out of nothing" skills such as fishing and mining.

Quote me if you have something to say about this!

~Shadow

I used to be ranked close to 200 000 overall

now i have to settle for about 350 000

it is not only the fact that it takes more effort to gain one level in f2p as compared to p2p but also as new skills come into the game I always get bumped back big time with a new skill to be trained easily

phat_eddie.png

Iv'e been playing since February 2005. I don't recall my exact ranks, but they were a hell of alot higher than they are now (of course that inevitable). I know my Strength at level 80 was once ranked below 30K. My overall rank has been hovering around 250K for quite awhile now, even when I raise levels.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

100% agreed

ive been playing for almost 3 years (with 6 months break so 2.5 years of actual playing) i know exactly what you mean. i think the highscore list should be split in two, one for f2p and one for p2p. there is only about 100,000 f2p people on the current highscore list. its just getting harder...

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I would also like to see non-member highscores, to see where I rank among everyone with the same training options as me, but I think that it will not happen. Splitting the highscores is going to encourage free players to stay where they are, and not paying for membership. If a player has a dream of someday being #1, they would have to become a member to do so, but if you split the highscores they might aim to be the #1 free player which, without a highscore split, would be very difficult to "Show off". If you're at the top of the list, people will notice it, but if you're ranked 100,000, the best you can do is tell people that you're the best free player, and hope they believe you.

Since erm maybe 2004?

Well i don't remmeber my stats that are ranked months before, but i do remember that when the highscores were still top 500s my total kept on sinking while I advanced my levels, and that was only when i was like level 70 or so

i can definately see where you are going with this. I support the idea of a seperate highscore for f2p and p2p

Proud member of the Crimson Raiders

1000 total lvl achieved on 4-17-07 -F2P

Separating Highscores into F2P and P2P categories is most unlikely to happen, although it would be nice.

Unfortunately, when an F2P player maxes out all free-play skills, they will never advance anymore and watch their rank drop and members with access to all skills will dominate and probably tease F2Pers about it.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.