Should a members only skill be opened up to f2p?

doswillrule

I do think it's a nice idea, but it will be hard to plan without revealing members worlds

gazzy.jpg

Are you sick and tired of people telling you what to put in your sig? So am I. No, don't put this in your sig, you'll be doing what THEY want!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support. i say they bring flecthing because warriors have smith and mage have runecraft to make runes but ranger have to spend money on arrows.

i also support farming,theifing and agillty and maby hunting

i definetly agree to that andd i also support that idea of bringing in a new skill

ChosenZamrok.png

I have not read the whole thread, so I'm not sure if this has been talked about yet.

While F2P don't need anything more(they have so much as it is :-# ) if it were up to me, fletching would be released. There is runecrafting for runes, smithing for armor and weapons, so logically fletching would be nice.

It would also be nice to see yew bows released to F2P, Range wouldn't be getting that serious of a boost.

Anyway, thats my opinion on the subject.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Fletching. But only up to level 30 and after that we get exp, but no levels. Just so that the F2P Rangers dont have to waste money buying arrows. We just need arrows, not bows or knives.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

f2p should have less skills if anything, or even be closed, its 70% autoers.

Oh ok, let's close F2P. Yeh good thinking genious, you and your smart-[wagon] comments lately ... Majority of the Members came from F2P, without F2P Runescape would slowly die.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

f2p should have less skills if anything, or even be closed, its 70% autoers.

Economy crash anyone?

Buying Yew Logs! 2k each!!

Buying Coal! 1k each!

Honestly...

j0xPu5R.png

Let me start out by saying that f2p shouldn't get any more updates, if they get one, they will ask for more, plus its f2p, as in FREE.

However, if they did add a new skill into f2p I think farming would be an excellent choice. Implementing it would be fairly easy, just modify the drop list of certain creatures slightly to drop seeds. The skill would be limited to allotments, redberries and cadava berry bushes, and flowers.

This could allow f2p to gather items like watermelons and strawberries,(ingredients in summer pies) and make gathering limps a little easier.

AS for the "Members will quite because f2p has more stuff", that might be true for the first week, and then everyone will realize that f2p still sucks and get membership back.

Fear is your only God

guth8os.gif

walmart44.png

• 3 months later...

omg if ive said it once ive said it 100 times

if f2p wants member's stuff so bad then...drum roll plz............become a member

greedy f2per- ya but what if i cant become a member

...go to the store pay five bucks for a prepaid card

greedy f2per- ya but i cant aford 5 bucks a month

...if u can afford a computer toplay rs on then u have five bucks and seriously what 13 year old (i say this because unless u lie u need to be 13 to play rs) doesnt have any source of income

greedy f2per- well... my mom wont let me

...then to f***ing bad... and again seriously if ur 13 ur most deff mature enuff for what i find to be a rated G game and ur mom is a jerk

piont made!

Y_Z.png

piont made!

Yes, and rather badly.

Now, this is why I think F2P should not get any more skills.

You already have a pretty decent full game. Yes, it is a full game. You have complete access to quite a few skills and while you only have a handful of quests, they are fun and relevant. You can also PK but you do not have any minigames. So over all the only thing you really lack is minigames. If I were JagEx, I would probablly give you access to one or two simpler ones, but thats not my call and no minigames take place in F2P so thats kinda shot. So I dont think F2P needs anything new. If you want new stuff, pay for members. Other wise, enjoy your free game.

triforceelf.png

They should put in herblore... but keep Taverly membs only! :twisted:

All the F2P's will be like "Omg new skill!!11!!1" (no offense to tip.iters :-w ) but they wouldn't be able too train it! That way, they can't moan that they don't get updated! :twisted: :twisted:

kirbyoptim.jpg

Sig by me :D

1337 total as of 3/2/08 at 14 : 52 GMT. Recieved 1338 total 32 minutes later

Hawt Pixel avvy by Jopie

Barrow drops: (2) - Verac's Brassard, Ahrim's Hood

There are various problems with this idea. Here they are for each independent P2P skill.

Slayer:Slayer Masters are in P2P Areas.

Farming: There would be problems like seeds in this, and then in turn, Herblore would get connected because of the various herbs. Prices of the market would drop and the economy would be ruined.

Hunter: P2P Areas are the only places to hunt. Anyways, autoers would attack hunting because of the huge profit at red chinchompas.

Agility: The Agility Courses are in P2P Areas.

Herblore: You would need herbs and other P2P items.

Fletching: You would need to get mainly flax which would make many more autoers in F2P. This would ruin the economy and create more autoers.

Construction: Many P2P items necessary.

Thieving: You would need access to more P2P Areas.

Sorry but Jagex would be crazy to make P2P skills turn to F2P because Jagex would be losing money.

PS: I am a Pure F2P so don't think I'm another one of those selfish P2P players.

Corruption Council -

http://corruption-clan.com/forum

Team TKO Blitz Leader - http://tko.rs-clans.com

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Corruption or TKO Blitz.

Slayer:Slayer Masters are in P2P Areas.
There is one or more in F2P areas, like Edgeville dungeon for example.

Fletching: You would need to get mainly flax which would make many more autoers in F2P. This would ruin the economy and create more autoers.
Arrows only, perhaps? That would end the need for flax and we can already get the raw materials (metal bars, logs, feathers).

Thieving: You would need access to more P2P Areas.
Pickpocket only, perhaps?

Sorry but Jagex would be crazy to make P2P skills turn to F2P because Jagex would be losing money.
You are more or less correct with this, although they wouldn't lose as much as everybody thinks.

I totally agree with this being an ex p2p.

I think that f2p lacks soo much too make it a good game. I think that it would be good if fletching was open to f2p but some parts are p2p. also why can't members objects work in f2p wolds !

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Give them theiving :P

Not farming farming is the best and most patches are in P2p areas.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I see two skills I would like in F2P

Agility and Fletching.

Agility would be a nice benefit to F2Pers, but, where would you train it? One course and the F2P shortcuts would be a solution, but, that is it.

Fletching would be more logical. Have a flax field somewhere, that has a decent amount, but, you need a specific fletching level (relatively high) and 39 QP's to get in. (What macro has done all the quests?). Next, allow all bows up to yew shortbows to be made. Also, arrows up to adamant. Members get Yew logs - Magic Longbows and rune arrows, (Which they use a lot more than all the other low leveled items. Everyone would have to make shafts themselves or buy them from other players.

It would be nice, but I could live without it.

tfssig.png

i wouldn't let them have access to members only skills, but if it was access to members player owned houses (you can only visit house parties not build your own) i would support massively ::'

That's actually a pretty good idea. :thumbsup:

100% f2p 8-)

rampage30.png

MSSW3sig.png

maybe they should get something like ability to fish sharks at lvl76 like p2p but not a whole skill like herblore.

jagex never gonna give that to them becuase then less people gonna pay and they don't have time to waste on that anyway....

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!

maybe they should get something like ability to fish sharks at lvl76 like p2p but not a whole skill like herblore.

jagex never gonna give that to them becuase then less people gonna pay and they don't have time to waste on that anyway....

Care to explain? Evidence to back that up would be nice.

Well, it could be a good idea to bring some fresh enjoyment in the game but what about the greedy members?

Please don't generalize all members its just as bad as when F2P get's generalized.

On TOPIC: Exactly what skill would you be looking at. Majority of the skills would require access to new areas etc. I'm not sure i agree entirely but if you can answer what skill i might change my stance.

i wouldn't let them have access to members only skills, but if it was access to members player owned houses (you can only visit house parties not build your own) i would support massively ::'

Unfortunately that wouldn't work for people who have their houses set in Member only locations. The only place you'd be able to have your house would be Rimmington.

Agility would be ok to put in, because when people jump across the wilderness ditch I would say thats using agility. Maybe if they did this, a new members skill would be out to keep the balance.

Fletching would be good, but with only fletching Normal, Oak, Willow and Yew - No maple trees in f2p -, then to string them. They would buy bowstrings off members, flax would be p2p, bowstrings would not.

There aren't Yew Short/Long Bows on F2P though....

Fletching would be more logical. Have a flax field somewhere, that has a decent amount, but, you need a specific fletching level (relatively high) and 39 QP's to get in. (What macro has done all the quests?). Next, allow all bows up to yew shortbows to be made. Also, arrows up to adamant. Members get Yew logs - Magic Longbows and rune arrows, (Which they use a lot more than all the other low leveled items. Everyone would have to make shafts themselves or buy them from other players.

It would be nice, but I could live without it.

Runecrafter cannot do all the runes they need in F2P why should Fletchers be able too? I think leaving it at mith arrows would be more than fair. But it needs to be cut off to encourage people to get membership. Shortbows shouldn't be opened to F2P in my opinion, i think they have plenty of choices.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]