Ever wondered what Dragon/Barrows equipment is made of?

Orpheus

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Wikipedia:

aluminium oxide (sapphire or "alumina"), titanium boride or Syndie, a synthetic diamond composite.

Something like that! :D

:shock: and it costs how much?!

"Synthetic" :wink: .

It's a direct quote so if wikipedia spelled it "synthetic" it's synthetic.

1. wikipedia is written by everday people. I can edit it if I see fit.

2. apparently you missed something here...

My little leprechaun inside my left ear always told me that dragon was engineered by evil mages as a substitute of barrows, which, until the release of barrows was never found.

Barrows is composed of leather, living tissue, and metal.

-It has no negative magic def, hence the leather coating,

-Its alive, therefor it degrades

-metal, makes it strong

Some Barrows armour does have negative magic defence, I think its just Karils, Ahrims and Veracs that doesn't

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

Dragon is made out the the metal scales from a metel dragon turned inside out and stained with the dragons blood, than smelted together at heats humans can't stand which is why we can't make it.

Barrows armour looks like leather armour with kibbet [bleep]es in spots, I would guess it's been blessed by saradomin giving it great defense. We'd have to be a god to make this so thats why we can't make it.

well thats certainly creative.. i guess.. well i spose it might have taken plenty of thought to come up with it.. but it makes the most sense to me

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive.

[hide=wall of qoutes]

My little leprechaun inside my left ear always told me that dragon was engineered by evil mages as a substitute of barrows, which, until the release of barrows was never found.

-metal, makes it strong

Some Barrows armour does have negative magic defence, I think its just Karils, Ahrims and Veracs that doesn't

[/hide]

Nope, sorry, the greatest negative mage def of any barrows set is probably...-6

And one can argue that exposed metals from over the years of the degraded leather can cause that

EDIT: now that I think about it, bones are undoubtedly one of the materials in the armor, just take a close look at any of the sets.

sigsn9.jpg

From Wikipedia:

Chobham armour is a composite armour developed in the 1960s at the British tank research centre on Chobham Common. Although the exact composition of Chobham armour remains a secret, it appears to be a composite armour of ceramic tiles within a matrix that is layered between steel armour plating, a combination that is excellent at defeating high explosive anti-tank (HEAT) rounds. Possible ceramics for such armour are: boron carbide, silicon carbide, aluminium oxide (sapphire or "alumina"), aluminium nitride, titanium boride or Syndie, a synthetic diamond composite. Of these boron carbide is the hardest and lightest, but also the most expensive and brittle. Boron carbide composites are today favoured for ceramic plates protecting against smaller projectiles, such as used in body armour and armoured helicopters. Silicon carbide, better suited to protect against larger projectiles, was used in some prototype land vehicles.

WHOAMG :shock:

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Dragon is made from scales of ancient red metal dragons which are either extinct or live in some other unknown/forgotten realm or dimension (also teeths added into chain and med). :roll: Barrows are simple ancient armour/weapons and leather corrupted and powered by evil spirits. Just my thoughts. :)

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

If some of us send a query into JaGeX and well can all laugh at how they tell us different stories :thumbsup:

They already gave the answer in god letter #25... see my post on the second page or continue to engage in rampant speculation and silly jokes... :roll:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Thank god this bothered somebody else. Now I dont have to put my head in the oven.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Thank god this bothered somebody else. Now I dont have to put my head in the oven.

It bothered the hell out of me, but you guys pretty much covered it :P .

Anyways, to outline everything wrong with that post:

1) He thought I was fixing a spelling error, rather, I was emphasizing a word.

2) He fixed my "spelling error" by spelling the word the exact same way I did.

3) And... ya, it's wikipedia. Wikipedia. #-o

I don't mean to be insulting lifemage, I just want you to understand that you interpreted my post a little off :P . I was merely saying that it was "synthetic diamond", not real diamond, in response to his post.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I'd say from dead bodies. Barrows always has looked like..soft..to me ;/

Ahhh yes i agree they look "soft" to

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Guest under_sweet

:-k well...dragon armour is made from dragon scales.....

so....

barrows armour must be made from barrow scales.

Dragon eh? my favorite beasts (though there a myth) id say the power of blessed dragon scales mixed with the blood and the methane chamber combusting with the metal when forged. im out of ideas, i was going to go with blood but its taken. Power of dragons FTW!

Popoto.~<3

[hide=wall of qoutes]

-metal, makes it strong

[/hide]

Nope, sorry, the greatest negative mage def of any barrows set is probably...-6

And one can argue that exposed metals from over the years of the degraded leather can cause that

EDIT: now that I think about it, bones are undoubtedly one of the materials in the armor, just take a close look at any of the sets.

dharoks has a -11 mage def bonus. I hate that evil chicken...

Sig.jpg

From Wikipedia:

aluminium oxide (sapphire or "alumina"), titanium boride or Syndie, a synthetic diamond composite.

:shock: and it costs how much?!

Key word: Synthetic. Can be made in a lab. Very inexpensive.

Anyways, I think "dragon" is runeite links annodized/painted/colored on some way red. The only difference being the weave of the maille. The metal used is important, but the weave is what makes chainmaille strong. Another idea is that when runite gets super heated (maybe by the heat of a dragons breath?) it obtains special properties. Thus, it becomes "dragon" chainmaille, since a dragon's breath is required to make it. There's also a special process by which the links are formed and heated, so that's why your rune plate doesn't turn into a dragon plate when you get owned by a dragon lol.

Barrows:

Ahrims seems to be another form of chainmaille. Probably a lighter weave blessed somehow to add magical properties.

Torag, Dharok, Guthan and Karil all seem to be a special kind of leather. Perhaps a mighty dragon's leather from the time when the Brothers lived. Once again, perhaps they were blessed and the dragon's various horns & [bleep]es were put into the leather as a bit of a charge breaker/enhancer.

Veracs skirt seems to be scalemaille. Basically chainmaille, but instead of links, you use metal that looks like scales. The brassard has a metal arm and leather strappings. Perhaps the same special dragon leather/special metal.

Just some thoughts. :uhh: