The RS Poll: Are you a "lone ranger"?

Myweponsg00d

Well, as you may or may not know, the current poll on the RS website is "Are you a lone ranger?" (as of the time when I wrote this)

Basically, the poll asks 3 questions: Do you quest with friends? Do you train with friends? and Do you PK with friends?

Now I think this is a GREAT poll (for once) and the results so far basically show one thing that I knew as a fact, most people do not quest with friends. The one gripe that I do have with this poll is how Jagex says they plan on gearing the updates. They basically say "If it turns out people like to PK with friends, we will probably make updates that cater to this." Now...here is my problem with the poll.

If nobody does quests with friends, it quite possibly could be due to the fact that no features yet exist that let us truly do quests together. We cannot form "parties", share rewards, etc... These features are quite popular in other games.

In MY opinion, the poll should ask us "How much would you enjoy questing with friends if we implement features that are more encouraging to group questing?" Asking simply whether or not people DO something is a horrible way to plan updates. For example, people rarely make combination runes because most of them are very time consuming and resource consuming to make (aside from a few types). Now, you must admit, if they were easy to make, you would make them (or buy them) more frequently than you currently do. Or, you would be more likely to make them if you were in need of them. Now, does this mean that, since few people use combination runes, we should never give them another update? No. Does it mean that people don't WANT to always be using smoke runes when they are casting Flames of Zamorak? No. It means that people don't make/use combi-runes because of how inconvenient they are to make.

The same goes for questing together. Sure, you can bring your pal along, but you cannot fight monsters together, split rewards, or do any other various things that are common for group-based quests in other games. This means that there is no real reason to have your friend there. It doesn't make the quest easier, or alter the story/outcome/whatever in any way; it basically just gives you a friendly face to chat with. If the rewards of a feature are more interesting, people will use it. If doing quests as a group was really possible, people would probably start doing it.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Guest Lue_Dogs

i voted no i dont do any of that stuff because none of my "friends" play any more, trust me theirs people on my f-list that are online and play all the time, but friends... have gone onto other things.

I am very much a lone ranger. I train alone, I quest alone and I'm a wimp who doesn't PK. I have only 12 people on my friends list and I only talk to two of them regularly.

I think the questing with friends question means "Do you and your friends do quests at the same time, in a group?" I've seen people doing this and I think it's a pretty cool idea.

Ananke32.png

Really good read, and really agree with you.

Allthough I was a lone ranger (retired now), I'd like to see a quest that requires teamwork, and not only one other person to give you an item. (Hero's quest and Shield of Arrav anyone? )

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

Since I prefer doing quests when they come out and my friends usually do that aswell, we often end up doing them together - it's actually quite fun and makes the quests easier in many ways. It's nice to share frustrations and achievements, and if everything fails: picking up my death pile. :lol:

Training with friends... I rarely do this anymore, unless some of my Slaying friends happen to have the same task as me. Wcing/Fishing I also do mostly with friends, as they don't require too much clicking.

I don't Pk, my chicken suit fits me well. :)

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

I'm a most definitly a lone ranger and I like that way. Less talking and more gameplay simple. Yeah I talk to my friends when I'm wcing or fishing but rarly. It's just the form of communcation in runescape is annoying and I hate when I have to go "Sorry Didn't Mean To PM You" it makes me look bad. Because I'm talking to someone but not you. :-k If ever I go to a party then thats when I meet up with my friends. I just like being alone I dunno maybe because I see as talking while questing not needed. I don't pk.

I am very much a lone ranger. I train alone, I quest alone and I'm a wimp who doesn't PK. I have only 12 people on my friends list and I only talk to two of them regularly.

I think the questing with friends question means "Do you and your friends do quests at the same time, in a group?" I've seen people doing this and I think it's a pretty cool idea.

Add some of our clans members to fill your list a little then :-w

OT: i lone range all the time unless doing events with my clan.

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

i'm not what i would call a lone ranger, first off... i hate ranging ^^

well... about quests, i usally do them as soon as they come, and as laikrob, there is always several friends that does them at the same time, so i as good as always do quests with others...

about the skilling part, then i like to be together with people when skilling, although i never almost does it, (i'm always ending up dancing/chatting in edge anyways)

and i just never pk... i was in a clan, but that was as the event leader, making steel wars, and other events, not the pking thing.

Scherzo.png

If i am training combat il usually ask a friend if he wants to join but recently i have been hunting which i find is better done alone...it really depends on which skill i am training at the time. As for quests, all the ones i have done, i have done "lone ranger" except from desert tresure where me and my friend went through it together...which was actually pretty good as you are able to give each other help and encouragment. I would like to see jagex make a partner questing kinda thing, it would be good.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Questing with friend? NAh he done most of the quest.

Training with friend? NAh he doesnt dare train in wildy

Pking with friend? NAh always end up 5 v 2

However Hanging out with them then yes

So im pretty much a Lone Ranger

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

group quests would be cool like group puzzles where everyone has to do their bit of the puzzle.

anyway i do quests on my own and since i dont pk :-# then i can answer the pking one

tifsdac6mc.gif

i am with ya!

i would love 2 see more things (quests/PKing/skill training) with friends, like a small boost in exp if u train with friends, or a litle bit stronger combat skill for every player that joins a party.

i don't PK with friends or train with them, but that's more due lack of possibilities...

I'm a most definitly a lone ranger and I like that way. Less talking and more gameplay simple.

:mrgreen: u took the words rite outta my mouth

id really hate to see "group/team" quests in the future, some people just like to be left alone. not to mention the hassel a lonesome player would have to go through just to find some 1 to help him/her with the quest.

how many times do we need this on the forums?

"help pl0z i needs black army gangers for questests"

:wall:

Empty friendlist ftw?

Most people here, inclouding me, most likely have almost full friends list. Its just we would rather do things by ourselvs some of the time. But thats not saying that we dont like to just hang out and talk with our friends when we arnt questing or skilling.

You and I think alike. I don't even train with my husband who plays as well. I train alone, quest alone (unless the directions tell me I have to have someone with me, and I definitely do NOT PK.

I hope Jagex doesn't make any more team quests. They are annoying.

4774_e3d1ea.png

I'm a married mother that plays RuneScape. Got a problem with that?

how many times do we need this on the forums?

"help pl0z i needs black army gangers for questests"

:wall:

Amazing how many people joined the Pheonix gang for a free crossbow :)

I personally don't get to quest too much because my friends usually either don't have the requirements for a quest that I have, or that they have already done the quest. But I do quest with my cousin when I can, because I find it much more fun when you have two heads to finish a quest.

It also makes you feel better at the end, because with two people, it decreases the chance that you'll have to end up looking at a quest guide because your stuck.

It would be nice for Jagex to create a "group" system where me and my friends could do quests and share drops together. Infact, this might encourage teamwork in the game and prevent so much of the flaming and... dare I say: "newbish" behaviour.

signitureet9.gif

It would be nice for Jagex to create a "group" system where me and my friends could do quests and share drops together. Infact, this might encourage teamwork in the game and prevent so much of the flaming and... dare I say: "newbish" behaviour.

They would have to actually make good drops every drop for this to work. Otherwise it would be pointless.