Do Player Mods really have as much authority?

coolcobra77

After the server crash yesterday :XD: in world 64 Falador we all know lots of people went to the town square and began to rant and rave about Runescape ending or Durial making a return to kill us all.

If you didn't see this here's the video: http://files.filefront.com/World_64_Cha ... einfo.html

If you saw what was happening, lots of P-Mods tried to calm down the players, but they were completly ignored? Does this show us the real authority that P-Mods have now?

I want this to be a serious discussion on what you feel about P-Mods.

If you're wondering heres my view: I think player mods should be respecected, they are people who went beyond just reporting a macroer or two. Doesnt matter what lvl they are, they shouldn't be cast aside and they should've used all their powers to quiet the spammers yesterday.

My 3 favorite skills!

1st. coolcobra77.png

2nd. coolcobra77.png

3rd. coolcobra77.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do kids always respect their teachers?

Do citizens always obey all laws?

Do Always do what your told?

All three can be answered with a no, and in a game like this it stands out even more.

When people can act a fool and their are hardly any repercussions for it, Other then getting muted or banned...o wow, then why wouldnt they?

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Player mods have some authority as they can temporaly mute people, thats got to be something. Personally mods just pee me off, for instance in a bank this one time on world 121 (swedish world), a mod told everyone that they had to speak english or he would mute them, and he was being serious.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Most Mods abuse powers so no they are not as respected as maybe they should be. But that's their own fault.

Some Mods will mute you just because you get to in argument with someone. (Can't Debate FTL?) That's when you have to contact Jagex to take away their crown.

Several friends of mine have gotten Jagex to taken Player Mods crown away due to bad decision making by some Mods. (Ex Player Mods have contacted them and were like "Omg you noob I lost my crown!!!")

The only advantage pmods have over any other player is the priority reports and the mutestick. We don't really have any authority, we're just the bridge between Jagex and the community. As for spamming like on that occassion there's little we can do. We can't mute someone unil they spam to a certain degree. If they want to whine and moan, let them. They are only degrading themselves.

Most mods are good O:) , evil mods are quite rare in my experience. Though a couple of mods a week seem to get de-modded now. I've been a mod for a year and a few months and don't think I've wrongly reported anyone.

one time on world 121 (swedish world), a mod told everyone that they had to speak english or he would mute them, and he was being serious.

That was probably a mis-informed mod. Foreign languages were once reportable, but that was changed ages ago. You can only report now if you know its bad language.

Player mods have some authority as they can temporaly mute people, thats got to be something. Personally mods just pee me off, for instance in a bank this one time on world 121 (swedish world), a mod told everyone that they had to speak english or he would mute them, and he was being serious.

Good job. Are you going to judge all Player Mods based on your bad experiences with a few idiotic ones?

Player Mods are players...with a mod crown, mute (only for certain circumstances, not a toy), and faster report processing. That's it.

Truthscape - qeltar's excellent insights into RuneScape and more

Cave Story - Best Free RPG ever

-Retired. Forever-

of all the pmods ive seen, most have been mean people. for example, i just said hi to a dude wcing and he said, "now im ignoring you, since im sick of noobs talking while wcing". The same happened at the blue dragons among other places. I know that if I was a mod, I would still treat people with respect.

Ok... the above post was completely off topic...

As for an on-topic comment, most Player Moderators are fairly nice. Even managed to get one to make me a Blue D'Hide Vambrace. Most of the time, however, they're nice to me because I treat them like a normal person and don't beg them for money or anything because of their "status."

While the mod crown does make me be a little more careful with my language, I treat a player moderator how I treat any other player, and they in turn treat me with the same respect.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

If mods are mean to you, you should report them to jagex via a complaint...

I honestly can't say whether mods have been mean to me, because I didn't meet any before I became one (lol), and they obviously behave different to their own kind.

Also, it appears that mods just staying away from riots like this is their biggest power. Apparently, most riots calm down when the mods leave, because mods' presence just makes the players continue, because they are getting attention from Jagex.

So I guess that mods have some power in these riots...just not how you would think.

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

the same riot happened in world 66 and ended in hundreds of people screaming ice me lol... i was there amd i saw tons of mods just hangin around at the falador gate saying they couldnt just mute everyone... btw ive been muted for 3 days for sayin ice me -.- i just wanted to see where id end up

Every player mod I've met was imbued of himself. Jagex is giving little kids "special mod powers" then they go all big headed because of it.

2480+ total

Every player mod I've met was imbued of himself. Jagex is giving little kids "special mod powers" then they go all big headed because of it.

Agreed.

Don't get me wrong, some mods deserve their title, but 60% of them are random noobs that go around saying 'Trad me ur addy pl8 or i mut u', and those are the ones you notice.

I've only really had good experiences with mods, player or Jagex staff.

The last two player mods I've met have been polite, even when questioned, and I've had pretty good conversations with both of them afbout autoers (this being shortly after Jagex posted the news bulletins about real world trading etc).

As for Jagex mods, I met a bunch of them in Lumbridge when they were on their lunch break, they were great fun to be around and I think it's really great that even though they can't really play the game the same way as us, they still take the time to hang out with some of us randomly.

So for me anyway, I respect Mods, they've earnt that crown by cleaning up the community, and unless they act like an idiot I'll respect whatever they say to me or ask me to do.

Well in a circumstance like that you should have reported the moderator under rule 1 (to record the language) and then sent a query to customer support. Jagex would look very dimly on it and he mod stick may have well been removed for it.

Most Mods abuse powers so no they are not as respected as maybe they should be. But that's their own fault.

Thats really unfair to say, there are over 6,000 player moderators sure some will abuse their power, and if jagex found this they will be removed, but most are good honest people who want to make a differnce. And then of the 150ish froum moderators, there is not one I dont trust, they are all there to improve the community, and we do do a good job.

Alot of people asume Player mods dont have alot of authority, and ingame you could be said as right, i dont think they have enough power, I feel they should be able to trade mute scammers and autoers, and do other things too. But alot of what they do is behind the scence, they are more important that you think.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Theres really no point in player mods, they dont have to help you so they just don't. They never mute people who are actually breaking the rules, i was at bandits and some guy was swearing and doing stuff that should get him muted and the mod logged out after saying "again and i'll mute you". Such pathetic.