Our new, more powerful Crossbows!

Creaphis

i'm 77 range, I can hit steady 18-20s with enchanted mithril bolts, emerald tipped. with the addition of 5 poison damage that almost works everytime you hit an enemy, emerald bolts now pwn everything 8-)

I hope they don't nerf it :(, I can see it coming though since Rune XBow now has better stats than Karils XBox, therefore making every part of the karils set useless now.

EDIT --- I spelled XBow "XBox" twice :(

Mithdragonsig5.jpg

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karils bow is way faster though.

Besides it isn't like the rest of karils is useful, it wouldn't be such a huge surprise that the bow stopped begin useful.

karil's is plenty useful, you just don't use it in the right areas.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

With iron bolts and a rune c bow, black d hide, dark gloves, snakeskin boots, zammy book, archer helm, and glory, I am maxing out at 15s without prayer or pot at 81 range, the new update is pretty amazing if you ask me.

Edit- with steel bolts I've hit up to an 18 with no prayer and a 21 with prayer

with addy and prayer I hit a 26 and 23

and the mith seem to be glitched, every time I shoot with them the special works (the enchanted poisen spec) but without prayer I hit a 20!

Taken from the other thread, since then I have not hit anything special (because I stopped training with a rune 'c bow).

Getting another sig

[removed]

So far, unpotted, unprayed, at lvl 73 range, with addy bolts and runite xbow, with a total offensive bonus of +180 range attack, i've hit a 19.

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I'm shocked, my 88 range friend potted and pray hit 4 higher than my 80 str potted and pray. With addy bolts. :shock:

range is finally doing what it should've been doing... what with the dark bow and better cross bows, range is finally hitting respectable damage.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

I'm shocked, my 88 range friend potted and pray hit 4 higher than my 80 str potted and pray. With addy bolts. :shock:

range is finally doing what it should've been doing... what with the dark bow and better cross bows, range is finally hitting respectable damage.

I finally have a reason to train range! I'm just disappointed the Dorgeshuun and Hunter Crossbows didn't get improved. :( Not cool.

range owns melee... which shouldn't happen...

Ok Mr. 59 Range :P I'm just kidding around

People with high range see it as a Jagex resurrecting range and others are hating how range can now hit like other attack styles.

melee still has dds...

range does own, I could easily hit constant 20s, addy c bow (couldn't find run :wall: ) and mith bolts

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

good, the pking weapons and ammo are expensive or reasonably challenging to obtain, I.E. time consuming and level requirements...

its a good update. glad to see range having a respectable aspect to it, and my 91 range now seems insignificant to 99.

when the drak bow came i stopped pk'ing because i was scared... now i don't dare to go near the ditch :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

try 99 range vs 99 str no armour f2p... there is no way you can beat the ranger! :roll:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

@ 90 ranged, no potting or prayer, using a rune crossbow, i hit 22's with mith bolts and 16 with iron bolts.

But i think that it is okay. The crossbow is nearly twice as slow as the msb, with which i hit 13 using mith arrows. So it is balanced.

phata_elise.png

I don't know if anyone else has seen it, but there is a movie on the internet where someone with 98 ranged potted to 110 hit a 45 and then a 60 :o

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

Now I think the combat tryangle is how it should be. Each group has a "chance" against the other, but the easiest way to defeat eachother is using the tryangle. The only thing that I look at is that mage can beat melle but doesn't have all that great of a chance of defeating range. Where as I feel range has a better chance of deafeating melle. This is offset by the fact that magic is used in everyday skilling and getting around, where as melle and range is not used in these two catagories (not including grapples).

Getting another sig

[removed]