"God hates fags"

bbalking

I never said Atheism is a religion. Choosing a religion because your scared of the afterlife is pathetic in my opnion. Im also agnostic, not atheist.

Why that scared of the afterlife remark? You think everyone follows a religion because they're afraid of the afterlife?

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yay, another grand atheism pat-each-other-on-the-back thread. Lets judge all Christians by this why don't we. A bunch of hypocrites condemning parts of Christianity for enforcing their beliefs then proceeding to force their own atheism straight afterwards. Makes it damn hard for moderate Christians to turn the other cheek I tell you.

Its exactly the same as judging all islam followers by their extremist sides, yet it seems perfectly allowable to do it to Christians. Peace, love and a sense of community are such awful things to preach aren't they.

I was raised in the Christian family environment the original poster was referring (sterotype) EXCEPT my parents don't hate homosexuals, just dislike them. It isn't a very attractive ideology. My father is a minister and wastes like $20-50 at a time everytime he goes to Lifeway or whatever on pointless books such as "Drinking Orange Juice to the Glory of God" "Sex and Romance to the Glory of God" and other BS books. It pisses me off. lol

But I'm apparently different, aye?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Satenza, in your post you said "...any other religion..." So that doesn't include atheism.

My point is that if atheism is correct, there will be no god to screw you.

And I think Serephurus means something like what I mean. If we all get the same result, then why does it matter what happens before the result?

Once again, I'm not atheist. However yes that is the case, but "what does it matter what happens before the result" seems to convey to me that if you thought there were no God then there wouldn't be a point in living. Well, our point of living is to make the world a better place for everybody, and the futher we improve as a race the futher this happens.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Read up a critique of Pascal's Wager, that's what Satenza's saying.

Basically, no matter what religion you believe in, you can't believe in them all. So, the chances of your God being the right one are vanishingly small. Also, since your God is the omniscient type, he'll be able to see through your cowardly hedge-betting.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Read up a critique of Pascal's Wager, that's what Satenza's saying.

Basically, no matter what religion you believe in, you can't believe in them all. So, the chances of your God being the right one are vanishingly small. Also, since your God is the omniscient type, he'll be able to see through your cowardly hedge-betting.

But what if all religions lead to the same God or whatever?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Once again, I'm not atheist. However yes that is the case, but "what does it matter what happens before the result" seems to convey to me that if you thought there were no God then there wouldn't be a point in living. Well, our point of living is to make the world a better place for everybody, and the futher we improve as a race the futher this happens.

I don't know where I said you were an atheist.

And okay...But remember, I don't believe that we'll all have the same result. So that doesn't apply to me. I'm not going to continue this any further, as nothing else you said in your post is wrong. I'm can't argue against something I agree with.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I wonder why all of you athiests are trying to tell Christians they're totally wrong. :? That's all I see when it comes to religion in this forum.

And there's no point in that.

If atheists are correct, which I personally believe is not the case, then there won't be any harm in believing in Christianity.

Anyways, please get it in your mind that not all Christians are crazy people who think that everything in the Bible is true. In fact, most Christians don't.

I'm a Christian and don't think everything in the Bible is true. :wink:

Well seeing as all wars have in one way or another been started because of religion equaiting to millions of lives lost because of different books and the strengthening of drastic beliefs, surely it would be better for the world if everyone didn't succome to it. I'm no religious believer or "do-gooder", i believe in every-man-for-himself (not a righteous or bold belief but oh well it works for me), but the amount of confrontation and distress that religion brings sure doesn't seem worth it.

I've unfortuantely been baptised when i was a baby, supposedly making me Catholic but I don't believe in one word that the Bible says (and no i haven't read it all) so it just seems to me that unless you believe word for word what a religious book says that you can't be deemed to be a true believer? Now just because you believe in God and follow the 10 commandments doesn't mean your a true believer? 'Cos that's just basically what every person does, follow the 10 commandments cos most of them are our laws.

Anyways, this post is a bit unorganised and what have ya but i say kfewfbw4ilbvi43uvg to it. :uhh:

To start, sorry for pointing you out Satenza, you were just the first person I saw talking about life's purpose. And now onto my point.

For starters, none of us know what the point of life is(unless we have achieved nirvana, but that whould make that person the buddah and unless I'm mistaken, s/he is not an active member of these forums.) As far as I'm concerned you are correct about the point of life. Make things as good as you can while you are alive. But maybe the point of life is to glorify God. Maybe the point is to eat as much cottage cheese as possible. Maybe there isn't a point. I personally think we should just do the best we can. Notice I said think not believe. I didn't generally like the movie Dogma, but one thing I did enjoy is that it advocated having ideas rather than beliefs. Its easier to change an idea than a belief.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I think the point is to be as good a person as possible, but if I'm wrong I'll probably never know. Just the same as most of us will never know if what we think/believe is correct. May as well be the best person you can, not for fear of the afterlife, but because you can help make someone's day/week/life better. Even if everything else in the entire Bible is wrong I know in my heart, mind, and soul that this much should be followed: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

I don't really see the point in arguing. All it does is gets us upset at each other. We should all think what we want and follow our own morals and values rather than trying to force our own on others.

Well seeing as all wars have in one way or another been started because of religion

I don't care if your post is unorganised that is complete BS. WWI was entirely political, WW2 was started because of Hitler's invasion of poland (nothing to do with the Jews). Russo-Japanese war, Crimean war, Korean civil war, Cold war (its still a war), American civil war, American war of independence, Spanish conquest of South America, Falklands war and these are just the ones of the top of my head.

Sure there were crusades, but in no way are ALL wars religious.

God hasn't got anything against homosexuals. They're just making this stuff up because they don't like homosexuals theirselves using the Lord as an excuse. Pahtetic creatures these people, and they are the ones that will burn in hell. So love your homosexuals if you want to get into that little place called heaven.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Also, since your God is the omniscient type, he'll be able to see through your cowardly hedge-betting.

Aren't Mods supposed to be an example for everyone else to follow and not let their arguments deteriorate into personal attacks when they merely have a philosophical disagreement with a person?

Ambassadar.png

I am proboly going to insult alot of peole here, and maby get flamed too *puts on heat suit and prepares to dive into lake* but that sounds like the catholic church to me. I refuse to be a part of a denomonation where being born is a sin. And as for beliving the bible word for word. If I ever start beliving it like that please put me in an inssane assylem or shoot me becaus eI have lost the ability of thinking with logic. Even IF god wrote the bible it self, it wasen't writen in english and it's been translated so many times in so many ways, you can't really belive that any of them are a compleatly correct translation.

I prefer to think of the bible is a veary big important and largly boring story book. I think we can get the most out of it by treating it that way.

And for anyone whos wondering, I am actualy christian, just a diferent denomination (NOT 7th day aventist - I had a friend who was, that whole denomination now scares the crap out of me).

Just my opinions, I didnt really back anything up much but that just means you can all assume im a raving lunitic if i've insulted your religion in a way that hurts :D

God may hate [bleep]s but Goddess loves you all equally <3

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Anybody here read the "The Da Vinci Code"???

I dont think you should bring that up....

To the OP, the Bible is NOT 2000 year piece of TRASH.

And to the topic, yeah so what there are extremists in every major religion. They just choose to believe (and misinterpret according to the majority's interpretation) differently.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Also, since your God is the omniscient type, he'll be able to see through your cowardly hedge-betting.

Aren't Mods supposed to be an example for everyone else to follow and not let their arguments deteriorate into personal attacks when they merely have a philosophical disagreement with a person?

Assassin said that not me, and he's the mod. He wasn't refering to all christians but he was refering to those who gamble to believe in God because there is no harm in it and it could reward them with heaven. You'd know that if you researched a little bit about Pascals Wager which he also mentioned.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Anyways, please get it in your mind that not all Christians are crazy people who think that everything in the Bible is true. In fact, most Christians don't.

I'm a Christian and don't think everything in the Bible is true. :wink:

Actually...Take a look at every Christian that's posted in this topic. I think they've all said the same thing as you. :wink:

I don't really see the point in arguing. All it does is gets us upset at each other. We should all think what we want and follow our own morals and values rather than trying to force our own on others.

Exactly. You aren't going to convert anyone online through a forum of a Runescape fansite. Whatever religion you are, just face it. There's no point.

Now, if you want to debate on something to do with religion but NOT attempt to convert anyone (Which is hard) then go ahead.

(If you call me a hypocrite because of my previous posts, then fine...Do as I say, not as I do...)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

My bad Satenza about misquoting you. Your name was about two posts up from the quote I was looking for so I probably just flipped back to check the name on the post and messed up and saw yours. Sorry bout that.

I understand and agree with the point you are trying to make but it wasn't clarified that the statement being made only applied to *some* people that claimed to be Christians.It was clearly stated "he'll be able to see through your cowardly hedge-betting." That is why it is a personal attack.

Ambassadar.png