Best video game villians

sycosis5

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:? You guys do know there is a difference between minions and villains. Most boss', save for the end boss', are just minions. Same goes for henchmen like fellows/heartless/ect. Unless they are plotting badness, or are akin to a general or some head position, they aren't villains.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Sorceress Adel in FF8 was scary, the first time I saw her I was like,"Woh, wtf?". Tall person, also pretty evil. And there's nothing wrong with Sephiroth, he's a perfectly good villain. Just because Kefka was in an older game that not as many people have played and therefore not as many know about, doesn't mean that he's any better than Sephiroth. May I say that Donkey Kong is a better villain than Kefka just because he's in an older game? Don't think so. Or maybe I'll just say that Homunculus is a better villain than Kefka AND Sephiroth, just because he's from a much less known game, plus he looks pretty damn evil in the first place. 1337ists: sadly, all over the internet.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

• 2 weeks later...

Those alien-booger-things from commander keen! How dare they kidnap the beloved baby sitter!!!! :XD: :XD:

-Kane from the C&C series is pretty cool. The bald look has its villainy-ness.

-Darth Vader ftw?

-Kerrigan from starcraft. Shes hot (good looking claws), scary, and powerful at the same time.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

uber baal, diablo. mephisto. beat them I dare you

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Sorceress Adel in FF8 was scary, the first time I saw her I was like,"Woh, wtf?". Tall person, also pretty evil. And there's nothing wrong with Sephiroth, he's a perfectly good villain. Just because Kefka was in an older game that not as many people have played and therefore not as many know about, doesn't mean that he's any better than Sephiroth. May I say that Donkey Kong is a better villain than Kefka just because he's in an older game? Don't think so. Or maybe I'll just say that Homunculus is a better villain than Kefka AND Sephiroth, just because he's from a much less known game, plus he looks pretty damn evil in the first place. 1337ists: sadly, all over the internet.

Nobody said Kefka was a better villain because he was in an older game. Please refrain from trying to make yourself look intellectual with straw man arguments.

nemesisro3.jpg

This crazy fudger, why? Because too many times have I seen whiny, girly man bad guys that talk too much. This fella stalked you, giving a constant fear when you were about 10 playing this game. If he caught you, the majority of times you weren't prepared and unable to even put up a fight, and just had to run away while he did his best to put you through a wall. Now THAT is some serious evilness.

And sephiroth is a girl/emo and not scary in the slightest, Seifer FTW

Some of these are answers from the last thread:

- Dr. Robotnik So much better than bowser :D. All bowser does is stick to running 'round in crappy castles. Robotnik had a lot of different inventions.

- Lavos. Incredibly tough boss? Check. Puts fear into you every time he shows up? Check. Amazing intro to discovering him? Check.

Simply put lavos had everything a boss needs. Instead of some random guy bent on world domination this thing is, quite simply, the end. It doesn't have any sort of secret plan or plot against you. All you know is at a certain time this guy shows up and destroys the world as you know it.

Seeing how the world is (through the time travel in the game) after Lavos was huge in my opinion. So many times I'm dying to wait to see what would happen if said big bad boss guy actually did take over the world, actually did kill almost everyone. This game allowed you to see that.

The best part is you found this broken, devastated world before you found out about lavos. Its simply amazing and one of my favorite villains, ever.

And for some new ones:

G-Man: Ok, he may not be evil but I'll be damned if I don't think the guys up to something. Personally I am lumping him in a villain category.

Illidan: Just had to mention something from WoW. From the videos I've watched of (the few guilds that have taken him down) he looks like one incredibly tough bad [wagon]. The lore around him is cool as well.

Just arguing further for Kefka...

He's the bad guy who gives you a huge reason to want to beat the everliving crap out of him when you can. Okay, so he's trying to take over/destroy the world, along with every other Final Fantasy villain. However, what you see throughout the game points to him being just about the most unpleasant bastard you will ever encounter. He poisons children. He uses a peace treaty as cover to abduct sentient beings and put them in test tubes. He's a genocidal maniac. He annihilates towns in firestorms for speaking words against him. On top of that, he's a clown.

An evil. Clown.

This isn't someone who wants to punish the world for taking his mother and experimenting on him. This is someone who has no personal grudge against the world itself, but just wants to take over it because he can. This is a character that the game doesn't give the player any reason to sympathise with. By the time you finish, you want to kick his arse so badly because he's a terrible person, not just because he's trying to destroy the world with a meteor.

He's on par with Lavos, who makes you want to destroy him because his purpose is to eat worlds and spawn more things that eat worlds. They're villains that don't make you stop and think about whether killing them is actually a good idea, because they've got so many motivations based on problems you probably helped cause. They're villains you have no doubt in your mind that you want to beat up because they're bloody horrible, and there's no question that the world is better off without them.

Just arguing further for Kefka...

He's the bad guy who gives you a huge reason to want to beat the everliving crap out of him when you can. Okay, so he's trying to take over/destroy the world, along with every other Final Fantasy villain. However, what you see throughout the game points to him being just about the most unpleasant bastard you will ever encounter. He poisons children. He uses a peace treaty as cover to abduct sentient beings and put them in test tubes. He's a genocidal maniac. He annihilates towns in firestorms for speaking words against him. On top of that, he's a clown.

An evil. Clown.

This isn't someone who wants to punish the world for taking his mother and experimenting on him. This is someone who has no personal grudge against the world itself, but just wants to take over it because he can. This is a character that the game doesn't give the player any reason to sympathise with. By the time you finish, you want to kick his arse so badly because he's a terrible person, not just because he's trying to destroy the world with a meteor.

He's on par with Lavos, who makes you want to destroy him because his purpose is to eat worlds and spawn more things that eat worlds. They're villains that don't make you stop and think about whether killing them is actually a good idea, because they've got so many motivations based on problems you probably helped cause. They're villains you have no doubt in your mind that you want to beat up because they're bloody horrible, and there's no question that the world is better off without them.

Yup that's why I loved lavos so much. There isn't any kind of "well, maybe he has a reason -- he doesn't. Its a monster, a monster that needs to be destroyed.

That and the reasons I stated in my post is why its my favorite boss fight in the world.

1:Arkham from Devil May Cry 3, he has the BEST evil laugh I have ever heard(maybe thats because he has some demonic powers) He isn't exactly the most powerful villan ever but he definetely is one of the most EVIL villans.

2: ALL of Organization XII(kingdom hearts 1 final mix(if you heard of it) and kingdom hearts)

3: sephiroth.

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

oh and to the person who hates sephioth do you have a problem with emos?

Oh my god... You already have a thread for this.

Which is full of no one agreeing with you.

Please shut up; or post on the other thread.

*ahem!*

Ehm, Emporer Palpatine. Not purely video game, but still a villain. The thing I like so much about him is that he's realistic -- you see his type all over the place, in the real world. The power-mad authority type. And, er, I like Star Wars, including Star Wars video games.

EDIT: That or Bowser. Can't forget the classics.

sig2.jpg

The covanent (spelling?)

bowser

sauron

Um, the Covenant army isn't actually an evil force, its just got strange motivations for destroying humanity. In halo2, they break into 2 factions, the "good" rebels-of-sorts (elites,grunts,hunters) and the "evil" imperialistic villainies (brutes,drones,jackals). On a related note, the arbiter is the coolest thing to touch the xbox and cannot be considered evil.

Oh, bowser is a baddie.

And sauron is a loser. He never comes out to fight ever since he lost his precious ring. Honestly, the witch-king pwns him.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

OffTopic:

oh and to the person who hates sephioth do you have a problem with emos?

I have never played final fantasy, and i do not know Sephioth, but yes, i've got a problem with emo's. The way they try to get attention by crying in public and "accedentaly" showing the wounds on their arms to others is pathetic. If you really hate life that much, commit suicide.

Oh, and, emo music is crap :)

Pm me in-game if you want to discuss emo's, as i see it as my duty to try and convince you of what you are doing wrong :shock:

OnTopic:

1. Cell (Dragonball Z 8-)) - Who didn't watch the programm when they were 12?

2. As someone said before, Dr. Robotnik.

3. Don't know, i don't play that many games.