Has King Black Dragon lost it's crown? (A Real Discussion)

Latinoking

I think jagex just need to beef up the kbd soon. Raise his levels and attacks, his defense too. Make it so that a team of at least 2 is needed.

Then give the kbd a new specific drop. The next dragon drop maybe. Something to bring back his glory.

he is the king of black dragons...not to mention that there is nothing wrong with jagex introducing higher level dragons. The kbd was dominant in rsc...that was 3-4 years ago...no reason to live in the past

w4M8t.png

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Mithril Dragon is the first Dragon to have a higher level then King Black Dragon. It seems that now most tip.iters think that Jagex is going to go up to Rune Dragon in some years. If Jagex was to continue this trend then wouldn't King Black Dragon be weaker then some of it's metal counter-parts? King Black Dragon isn't even a popluar monster now and days. Some call him easy to kill and not worth going into the wild for. So has the King of all Dragon lost it's crown and throne for being top Dragon? Should he be stronger or should a new "Queen" Dragon take place of being the top Dragon? Discuss

Put that dragon on some Steroids and pump him up! Heck I wouldnt mind if they changed him back to the old ways. Changed him back to the old strong dragon he use to be.

He indeed needs his former glory but then again soo many things are losing glory now and days like "Cape of Legends"

A Human King is King because he was born into the position, only the original usurper/creator of the throne would be powerful and even then not neccesarily physically strong. The King of DRAGONS is presumably king because its a bad-[wagon] who pwns every other dragon. In most mythology (which Jagex apes) Dragons like treasure and terrorising humans, they don't really seem a race to have a hierarchichal structure in place, but if they did the King would be the dragon with the most treasure and the dragon that killed the most people.

Yeah, I guess you're right. A Queen dragon would be cool, I guess, but you already have the KQ and BA boss. Maybe a Emperor Black Dragon, or Supreme Dictator of the Universe Black Dragon?

Nope, KBD is no longer King. And the droplist of the mith dragon is better than that of the kbd too.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

I think jagex just need to beef up the kbd soon. Raise his levels and attacks, his defense too. Make it so that a team of at least 2 is needed.

Then give the kbd a new specific drop. The next dragon drop maybe. Something to bring back his glory.

he is the king of black dragons...not to mention that there is nothing wrong with jagex introducing higher level dragons. The kbd was dominant in rsc...that was 3-4 years ago...no reason to live in the past

In real life living in the past is bad, but in a game, why not? Especially in runescape were it is updated so regularly, why not want it turned back to a time when things seemed so much more fun and exiting?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Who said the KBD is the King of all dragons? Quite simply, he's the King of BLACK Dragons, therefore he's named the King BLACK Dragon. If Addy and Rune dragons are released, then addy dragons will be Level 369, and Rune at 419, (Since the combat level difference between the metal dragons alternates between 57 & 58 levels) which would cause the KBD to have a level of more than that if Jagex desires, which would result in a level of 444, or 476 (Dunno why I like those.) Maybe a Queen Black Dragon can be added to the lair, and make it multicombat, and have the Queen at level 555 or 576. Special drops for these creatures could be: Dragon Pickaxe for the QBD, and a Dragon Warhammer for the KBD. The KBD can also drop a smoke staff (unlimited air and fire runes), and the QBD can drop Steam staff (unlimited water and fire runes). Finally, to keep those whiny rangers at bay, top it off with a new bow- the slayer bow. Requiring a mere 70 range, it provides a cheaper alternative to the crystal bow. It fires three pieces of ammunition at once, at the speed of a shortbow on rapid. However, the only drawback is that the ammo is made from gold- Golden arrowheads must be smithed, and used on headless arrows made from yew logs. the Golden arrows can hit up to 15 per arrow, however, normal hits are around 5 per arrow, 15 per shot.

signatureforkam42705lorpj5.jpg

i mean wth no1 cares about that weak noob that was scared of the great almighty lord ZAROS!

A Human King is King because he was born into the position, only the original usurper/creator of the throne would be powerful and even then not neccesarily physically strong. The King of DRAGONS is presumably king because its a bad-[wagon] who pwns every other dragon. In most mythology (which Jagex apes) Dragons like treasure and terrorising humans, they don't really seem a race to have a hierarchichal structure in place, but if they did the King would be the dragon with the most treasure and the dragon that killed the most people.

+1 =D>

I remember when he was king, everyone went to attempt to kill him. I think he has lost his touch. I think making him drop the dragon pic is a great idea, but make him actually difficult to kill.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

Really sorry to say this, but, the day of the KBD is dead. He is still the king... of BLACK DRAGONS! Doesn't make him the strongest dragon. His most fabled drop back in the day, the Dragon Medium Helmet, is now a piece of scrap metal, overshadowed by far better helmets (now even a Dragon Large). Just accept it, he is dead. Queen Black Dragon does sound nice though. Even White Dragons. ::'

O_M_G_Guasto.png

The poor king really needs a revision... Bump him by about 100 levels, give him the standard boss treatment of having all styles of combat and make each head attack separately. These three modifications would generally make put him in top tier with the others and nearly impossible to fight singlehandedly.

As for a drop... It's only fair the king drops the most elusive of treasures: The dragon platebody. Not before he's severly pumped up in power.

In any case, this is a debate on whether or not the first non-quest boss introduced in Runescape should be reviewed to fit the current new entries. As of now, the KBD is a joke compared to any of the other bosses... Let's recall the others for a bit:

The Kalphite Queen: The first boss added on the new engine, and made a big bang by showing off a lot of difficulty to kill.

The Chaos Elemental: Putting the high level of the wilderness aside, this is a very annoying boss fight.

The Giant Mole: Although not very strong, it keeps tunnelling throughout the whole dungeon which makes it a lengthy fight.

The Thzok-Jad (AKA gargantuan magma lizard): Explaining is pointless.

The Dagannoth King Trio: With each fitting a combat style, it's a must to go in a group to challenge them.

See a connection?

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Maybe the KBD lost "it's" crown, but you shouldn't lose "you're" grammar.

Not every monster should be something powerful that drops a lot of stuff. We could say why Delrith is so weak, a monster that a single hill giant beats. It's good for the level it was meant to be completed in. Maybe there should be new trophies though for the show-off room, whatever it is called, in the house.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

why cant they put 2 kbds

It would be a little bit you know harder with 2 fighting you

well...

1. i wouldn't make sense

2. the kbd would loose it's status as a boss

3. it would have the opposite effect, people would now be able to kill him twice as fast, the only effect may be that you couldn't solo him, but then 2 people would just solo each instead.

The King Black Dragon, or KBD to his friends, is an ancient, huge, mean, vicious, near-undefeatable, and downright unsociable master of all dragons

According to Jagex, the King Black Dragon is the king of ALL dragons, not just the Black Dragons. It is just coincidence that he is also a black dragon, probably because when he was created the Black Dragon was the strongest of them all.

I think that he should recieve both a buff to his power, and also an increased droplist. Possibly give him a new piece of Dragon equipment or somthing to really make him worth the trouble, because right now he has little use.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

The King Black Dragon, or KBD to his friends, is an ancient, huge, mean, vicious, near-undefeatable, and downright unsociable master of all dragons

According to Jagex, the King Black Dragon is the king of ALL dragons, not just the Black Dragons. It is just coincidence that he is also a black dragon, probably because when he was created when the Black Dragon was the strongest of them all.

I think that he should recieve both a buff to his power, and also an increased droplist. Possibly give him a new piece of Dragon equipment or somthing to really make him worth the trouble, because right now he has little use.

+Infinity =D> (I should have checked the KB)

erkid"]I think he's fine the way he is. If you have that many people around any boss monster ofcourse they are going to die quick.

That's not the point. :|

The point is he looks like a punk compared to Mithril and if Adamant and Rune Dragons were to be released then what's the point of him having the title "King of all Dragons" ?

If he is indeed the King of all [real] dragons (are metal dragons 'real'? Or were they manufactured?) ... then surely he would have his guards ready for calling upon.

They could beef up his difficultly by allowing him to call in 3 more dragons (green, blue and black) to assist him.

Could also make it he attacks with all 3 heads at the same time (on different people if >3, otherwise on the same people). Could make it REALLY difficult to solo him if you're being hit by 3 different attacks concurrently. Probably wouldn't need too much of a stat boost if this were to happen, otherwise max hit 40 per head = 120 :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

well i do agree that the kbd should have beter drop list but i disagree that he is weeker when the mith dragon lets say that we somehow put the mith dragon to the kbds lair and let them fite each other im almost sure the kbd will defeat the mith dragon

33165171ty6.png