Safe-ing

Bnaped

its only annoying when you get some idiot run up and attack you, and then safe, its fine if you attack them and they dont really wanna fight and safe, you can just stop fighting with them, but its when you're walking along seeing if theres anyone you wanna fight, the guy runs over starts attacking you, and decides to eat at half hp everytime...

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a fight with a dh guy with d skim and dds right?

So he loses like a lot of hp like 30 left about to hit i eat

called me safer? I'm like your in dh

(coulent type it have to look at the keys sometimes :XD: )

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

If you're fighting someone who eats at 70% health neither of you are going to kill each other which makes the fight totally pointless. People say "safer" in edgeville because if this person is eating constantly for no reason they'll just do that and run out = frustrating.

I'm sorry dude, its the world of PK'ing. Almost every PK'er is like that. There was this thread called Rules of the Wildy on the RS forums it said things like:

Rule 1: You can tele whenever you want cause you dont want to die, but if anyone else teles, their a teletubby.

Rule 2: You can safe as often as you want, but noone else can safe because you want to PK them for their stuff, so if they safe their safer noobs.

Rule 3: When your ancient PKing, you can farcast as often as you like but if anyone else farcasts, their scared to fight up close, so their farcaster nubs.

20death04.gif

dragonmpraycape,20death04.gif

...~*Proud%20Santa%20Hat%20Owner*~.png

They say it... because their convincing skills actual work on some people, lol! :shock:

Otherwise, safer would be a dead slang word.

Two men were walking through the forest. When they got out, they saw a war. One said cool, and ran forward, the other turned back. Later, both envied the other's decision. Who was right?

~It's not done till you're done with it~

If my opponent safes and runs they are a safrer

If my opponent safes and fights to the death, they are not. Problem solved :mrgreen:

wdfawasdfalokistrikesif2.png

Thanks to Fally|Thor for the sig :Wub:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

3636 to 99 fletching on Katakid1 date unknown

#13,300 to 99 range on April 2nd, 2008

#14,323 to 99 mage on May 18th, 2008

99/99 mage

99/99 range

94/90 hp

75/88 str

Most PKers are immature morons, that's why.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I think it is just sad how greedy a lot of people are in this game.

Well by safeing you making it pretty much impossible for the other player to have a chance to kill you and earn a few 100k, so your overprotecting your pixels. While usually the opposing player is not safeing as much as you. That seems a little greedy to me.

^^ Thats another way to look at it, which after writing i don't really completely agree with :S. Choose whatever side you want.

No you are just making it harder for them to kill you. That is the law of the wild, kill or be killed. Pardon us for doing everything we can to be the killers and not the killed. Why shouldn't we do every possible thing to stay alive? Calling a person a "safer" is a stupid thing to do. Do you honestly expect people to allow you to kill them? :-s So go ahead and call me a "safer" all you want I'll be the one who's laughing when you're in Lumbridge/Falador and I'm trying on your armor. \'

IMG]http://sig.runeweb.net/sig/12/Superstyle4.png[/img]

Xbox Live Username: ILINI

I think it is just sad how greedy a lot of people are in this game.

Well by safeing you making it pretty much impossible for the other player to have a chance to kill you and earn a few 100k, so your overprotecting your pixels. While usually the opposing player is not safeing as much as you. That seems a little greedy to me.

^^ Thats another way to look at it, which after writing i don't really completely agree with :S. Choose whatever side you want.

No you are just making it harder for them to kill you. That is the law of the wild, kill or be killed. Pardon us for doing everything we can to be the killers and not the killed. Why shouldn't we do every possible thing to stay alive? Calling a person a "safer" is a stupid thing to do. Do you honestly expect people to allow you to kill them? :-s So go ahead and call me a "safer" all you want I'll be the one who's laughing when you're in Lumbridge/Falador and I'm trying on your armor. \'

+1. That was an awesome point. I hate people who call me safers...

I can't imagine why anyone would PK with public chat on anyway. Easiest/best way to avoid being annoyed by idiots is to "mute" them.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

You are a noob in the wilderness, no matter WHAT you do. If you pray, you are a "prayer noob." If you eat/pot, you are a "food/potter noob." If you use ancient magicks, you are an "ancient noob." If you run, you are a "scared noob." Hell, even if you just stand there and let the other person kill you like they want you to, you will STILL be called a noob, because you died. As Qeltar said, just PK with public chat on friends/off.

PS: See my sig.

td2sig.jpg

Safe-ing isn't ok when you're in the wildernis for a good fight. It gives the fight some kind of boost and you're not sure about the outcome yet. When your opponent safes you'll already know the outcome, he or she'll probably run with food left and you wasted time and food on a fight that you couldn't win. It takes the rush away when seeing yourself redbarred or your opponent... I've never really pked for money, just for feeling that rush or measuring with other players. And I'm talking about non-member pking, because I haven't done it yet in members on my pure.

But on the other side calling someone a safer:

-When you're safe-ing yourself

-Like a defenceless person (runite-miner or anyone else who's in

the wildernis for gathering materials)

-When you're like 10 levels higher and safe-ing yourself or not

-While there's a whole team trying to kill him/her

... is so annoying and makes me really mad. Instead of saying those things you could say: "Give me your stuff."

...The point of pking is to fight to the death ( I think :uhh: ).

The point of Player Killing is to kill another player (You know you like my inferring skills), however if the other player doesn't try to protect themselves, it's just a massacre, without the chainsaw. Besides, if you eat, you can't fight. Anyways, some people don't run after they eat all of their food. What's so bad about running anyways? Do you run from a moster if it's about to kill you? I do and I don't see any difference between running from a player or running from a monster*. Either way, they're trying to kill you.

*Only under special circumstances will I not run, whether it be that I have no chance of getting away, I agreed to a Death Match, I have nothing of value, I am facing somone who cannot hit high, I can just pray to protect my items, I only have 3-4 items, etc

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

You mean that when you are in the wild, minding your own business, working a clue or something, but not prepared for fighting at all, there are rules on how you should defend yourself? This is just plain stupid. When someone attacks you, you can defend yourself anyway you wish without guilt. Folks, think about this for a second. They are trying to steal your stuff. Did that register? They are trying to steal your stuff. They are the bad guys just for doing that.

What is it with the people playing this game that they do not realize how wrong it is to attempt to take someoneÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s property, and expect them to be happy about it? Does that make sense to anyone at all?

I want to get really insulting towards those who attack others in the wild, and then get uppity about their resistance. What kind of world do those people live in?

*ignores replies*

They want your stuff. Who cares if the fight is not very fun, unless you are FF-ing a trusted friend or FF-ing someone with one weapon and protect item, you are free to use anything you can. They want your stuff, you want theirs. Perfectly okay.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

People in the wilderness will always insult you no matter what you do. Just ignore it and kill them.
Had to sig that.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, your commodity drops in value.
[url=http://www.imagehosting.com][img]http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i773526_stingtag.gif[/img][/url] [quote name="Capone_Sabre"]People in the wilderness will [b]always[/b] insult you no matter what you do. Just ignore it and kill them.[/quote]

Rule 3: When your ancient PKing, you can farcast as often as you like but if anyone else farcasts, their scared to fight up close, so their farcaster nubs.

Not really..

It's like saying if you fight up close your too poor to afford runes or something stupid like that..

people are allowed to do whatever they want in the wildy

billybrain.gif

blackmattcape,billybrain.gif

You are in the wild. Do whatever you want!

There are no rules in the wilderness. Some people may have established some. Why would you care though? It's your game as well as theirs.

The truth is: People who whine about not getting kills, because people are "saving" are just bad pkers. If you think somebody will eat plenty, run and tele out asap and you doubt you can kill him that way (or you don't want to waste the ressources), you can just let him run. If on the other hand somebody eats too much and fights back or even started the fight, you got an easy kill.

What i wonder is, why anybody would waste focus on the kill, by typing meaningless phrases into the chat.

These circle jerks always bother me. Everyone sits around and agrees and wants to make themselves feel better by painting the PKer as the big bad savage because they're too afraid to face the obvious - which, for the effect, I will leave unsaid, and for you to figure out in your own time.

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

These circle jerks always bother me. Everyone sits around and agrees and wants to make themselves feel better by painting the PKer as the big bad savage because they're too afraid to face the obvious - which, for the effect, I will leave unsaid, and for you to figure out in your own time.

This is a careface :|