You Know You're Old-School When...

bbalking

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know your old school when you know for a fact that the amount of people that claim to be old school is about 10 times the amount of real old school players.

You know your old school when you introduced Trix to RS. :P Still remember when he got ranged to death in Varrock I think. He didn't even know he was getting hit and I couldn't help him cause I was too high of a PK. :lol:

When Steel Square was the highest shield. :shock:

When range was seriously under powered. I still don't like it today.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Collecting 7 santas in wilder and (almost) buying purple phat for full addy (3m at time). Oh and using certs was a nightmare..

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Your old school when,

You remember there was only one type of pickaxe.

You call the orignal runescape, rs1 unlike everyone else who calls it rsc.

You remember when you needed to complete every single available quest in order to start Legends.

Plus many others..

Your old school when,

You remember when you needed to complete every single available quest in order to start Legends.

Plus many others..

Impressive.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Your old school when,

Plus many others..

Holy crap...

I don't consider myself OldSkool (lol), thouhg I've been playing since that halloween update with kiddos asking for Gp or something.

I can't believe addy was 3m once...

rsdeadst7oq2.jpg

Friend of PKGodz

Your old school when,

Plus many others..

Holy crap...

I don't consider myself OldSkool (lol), thouhg I've been playing since that halloween update with kiddos asking for Gp or something.

I can't believe addy was 3m once...

Hehe, been playing since 2002.

When the rs website interface was two rows of boxes, when the world select page was across rather than down. When fally wasn't white-washed. When you had to click every fish to cook it, when it took 10 seconds of conversation to get to karajama, when you could go out and cut a yew tree and only 0-1 real players were the only competition. When there was no moat to divide the wild. When Greaters and Lessers looked like giant lizards, when you had to log in to the forums to access them f2p or p2p. When Classic was available to all. I could think up alot more but I'm tired its late here. -.- Bring me back to those days please.

When a message appeared telling you to move out of a particular spot, when there were no bank booths and the banker could only service one person at a time, when Varrock was the biggest market square for trading instead of Falador, When you maged and ranged, they were green and blue balls, when there was no weapon speed, when you flew on a glider it looked like you were wearing it as a hat and you were screaming 'aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!', when full rune was worshipped, when D meds were seriously rare and a status symbol, when the rune 2h was the favoured pking weapon, when full helms were called larges, when demons and dragons looked like a 2d drawing, when Legends was the only master quest, when you only got xp when you've killed the monster, when you needed to get your things certed by Miles, Giles and Niles if you wanted to sell them in bulk, when sound effects were p2p only but sounded really chat, when there was no music, when there was a period of time when they had sleeping bags and fatigue but got rid of it, when there was good and evil prayer and I think magic as well, when Gearshifter and Choppermad were the top players, when there were no multicombat zones... Um, I'm running out of memories to reminisce, someone help me :oops:

All of that was 2003 yet you claim to have played 2001.

...When rune was purple, you could wear rune at any level, simply having addy stuff made you an elite player (and being able to smith it made you a god), working like mad to raise cash for a rune shortsword.

Not as old but: Having to type in a passcode to wake up from sleep, mining by right clicking and selecting was the only way to mine, forced 3 round combat in the wildy, and the saddest day in runescape when holiday drops were made untradeable.

Edit: Haha, almost forgot the best one: When instead of asterisks replacing censored words, the word "cabbage" was put in place by the censor.

master3k.png

It's been years since I've played and I do have a bad memory, but, I don't ever remember Rune being purple. I do remember the first pic of rune ever shown and I'm 99% sure it was a Rune 2h sword and that was purple. However, once it actually came out it was not purple rather the funky blue color (turquoise-ish).

Maybe they changed it to purple after I stopped playing but it never released purple. That was simply a picture one of the admins posted waaaaaaay back in the day before it even came out.

/end history lesson.

You were online for both the santa and halloween drops

You knew empror1 long before he even had 99 firemaking

FooK-A-Ji

I didn't sift through this whole thread but..."you know what the underground farm was". Ha

here's a huge one I just remembered

You remember when paul gower would post on tip.it

While it seems unbelievable...I'm sure some old timer can back me up on this. Back when lightning was a big gun around here Paul used to post quite a bit

oh and heres another small one...tip.it had a section for dark age of camelot...haha

ohhh here's a funny one too

When you had to sleep in beds located all around runescape, there were jokesters saying that there were sleeping bags that you could carry in your inventory...So someone wrote a letter to jagex asking about it in the postbag and Jagex's response is basically "HAHA don't believe everything you hear!" and like a week later they release sleeping bags in runescape...it was awesome, they even had a corny 3d graphic portraying sleeping bags in runescape (poking fun at how ridiculous it would be)

I found it

knsleepbag.jpg

There have been some rumours going around lately about "sleeping bags," and the convenience of not needing to rest on a bed when fatigue is high. Of course I do not believe what everyone is saying, and I just wanted to confirm that sleeping bags do not,in fact, exist in the world of Runescape.

Rasberrygrl3

I am happy to announce that sleeping bags are indeed the stuff of myths. After going to all that trouble to make beds work, we couldn't very well just let you miners crash out next to the rocks- that would take us back to square one! And I think it's nice to walk back home for a well-earned rest.

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

When you keep looking for the guy in varrock so you can change your d skirt into legs and make a huge profit :P

lol i was looking for that yesterday...

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig