Enough with the puns, Jagex!

Elessar3019

Oh come on.. It just makes news and updates fun to read. And besides, it wouldn't be JaGeX if they didn't have this silly side to them. :P

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We Brits pride ourselves on our sense of humour (yes, it is spelt HUMOUR, NOT HUMOR! WHO INVENTED THE LANGUAGE HUH? WE DID! SO SPELL IT OUR WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohnoes: thank you)

I like the way Jagex is using humour. So long as they don't use a joke machine next...

A pun or two is fine in an update, but 23 in one... not humorous.

I think it is pretty witty. I honestly don't have a problem with it. I mean, if you do have a problem with it, you could just not read them ;).

This is how they could do their updates from now on.

[hide=Warning, Humor alert!]Blah blah blah, update with a bunch of puns...[/hide]

tfssig.png

We Brits pride ourselves on our sense of humour (yes, it is spelt HUMOUR, NOT HUMOR! WHO INVENTED THE LANGUAGE HUH? WE DID! SO SPELL IT OUR WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohnoes: thank you)

I like the way Jagex is using humour. So long as they don't use a joke machine next...

I'm english just so you know but the americans actually use a language closer to what we "created". Where we have added 'U's that the americans don't have derives from the fact that the language we speak no is largely a compendium of earlier languages. Losing the 'U' is closer to forms of archiac english.

lesson over now on topic.

I love the Jagex humour, livens up the website for us and i bet it makes there workplace more fun trying to think of as many as they can.

I think it's funny because the puns sooo lame. I love all of their funny examines and articles. I dont remember who said it, but i also laughed hard when they changed the gs icon and said, "Try to contain your excitement." I spose it does make the game more interesting.

siggydonedark.jpg

Hangin loose. Marrentil can die.

I like them.

They can be so cheesy that they are good. :P

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

I'm gessing this is what you want:

Hey, players, we redid the birds. Check 'em out. Or not. What do I care.

or:

The birds have been redone.

Plus this is a rant, and it goes there.

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

i like a bad pun as much as the next guy, but jagex goes over the top with it sometimes. If there isn't at least one dumb joke in a quest, it's not a runescape quest :? the updates i don't mind so much, but still, so many puns in that one article? it annoyed me too

racistmodhq9.png Racist Mod (may or may not have been taken out of context)

Figuring out what to put in my signature just takes too much work.

If your still reading this, your a noob.

lol

And once again the English, which is also a derivative (or butchering in your own logic) of another language, continue to pull the hypocritical "Americans butcher our language"

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

would be boring if they just said the birds look better also you highlited bird twice and saying bird isnt a pun when the update is about birds

stupid forums lost my dragon count , well atleast i know i got a d chain from a dusty!

99 Fletch, Late 06

99 Mage, late 07

99 Strength, 29th June 08

99 Hitpoints, 21st August 08

130/138 cmb

sooo close

These developers spend hours typing codes i think a little humor won't harm anyone.

So just being a little silly nvr made me mad but it did cause a thing with the robins when they [bleep]ed to 10M each.............

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

A few of those aren't puns though silly rabbit.

They're just puns, live with it, stop complaining?

Sheesh.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

It's jokes like that that make me want to keep playing... I think they're brilliant.

Or, as one of my mates would say: "They're so punny!" #-o

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I'm gessing this is what you want:

Hey, players, we redid the birds. Check 'em out. Or not. What do I care.

or:

The birds have been redone.

Plus this is a rant, and it goes there.

It's not that I don't like those jokes, I love 'em! But I wouldn't really mind if they didn't put in any jokes.

P.S.

If they didn't have the jokes it'd look like this:

Hi, today we updated the graphic looks of birds, you should log in and check their new looks.

Even though it's boring I really wouldn't mind if it was like this (thought I prefer the jokes =D> ).

dragonmghost,flava%20falcon.gif

support new ghostly stuff here.

I see RuneScape slowly turning into a sadistic version of WoW.

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

Jagex sits in front of computers all day being nerdy... of course they have a strange sence of humor. Personally I like the puns, they're funny. :thumbsup:

Pasty.png

No need to crow about this all day long. We need to appreciate Jagex and not ostrichize them.

Sorry.[/b]

141xh5.jpg

I swear some of you people would think it was a fair update if we had a lever you could pull which gave you 99 all stats and any item you liked. ----- Paul Gower; Runescape Senior Content Designer

(half stealing from south park)

"do you have anything to say mr. american ambassador?"

"*bleep* britain!"

8,539th to 99 cooking!!! Achieved January 17, 2007, one day before I turned 16!

dragonmsanta,benoit4whc.gif