I Am Currently Forming a Band...

RayOxide

Hello again. :shock:

I am here in this thread to say that a couple of friends and I are forming a little 'band' in my friends Garage! \' The lineup here;

Me - Vocals (Yay)

Friend #1 - Keyboard / DJ thinger (He has his own 'DJ thinger')

Friend #2 - Backup Vocals and/or Guitar

Friend #3 - Drums.

At the moment we're mixing genres and are thinking of numerous genre's but at the time being, we're testing out;

The Kill (30 Seconds To Mars)

How To Save a Life / Over My Head (The Fray)

Dance Floor Anthem / Keep Your Hands... (Good Charlotte)

Dance... / Thnks Fr Th Mmrs (Fall Out Boy)

and.. Lying Is The Most Fun... (Panic! at the Disco)

Yes, at the moment it's a bit lame (Drop 'bit')... But, hopefully, with me having no singing lessons, we will be able to get better.. Or give up in 3 days and want to become Jackass Stars. :lol:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Chances are your band won't make it, but don't focus on that. No matter how crappy the band is, it's always fun to be in a band. And it gives you some good experience (not RPG-type experience..) at playing music with other people.

Cool.

Chances are your band won't make it, but don't focus on that. No matter how crappy the band is, it's always fun to be in a band. And it gives you some good experience (not RPG-type experience..) at playing music with other people.

I literally 'lol'ed at that. :lol: Thank's for teh 'advice'

It wasn't very large

There was just enough room to cram the drums

In the corner over by the Dodge

It was a fifty-four

With a mashed up door

And ÃÆÃâÃâà cheesy little amp

With a sign on the front said

"Fender Champ"

And a second-hand guitar

It was a Stratocaster with a whammy bar

Good luck on your band.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

"Bass" isn't just a drum, and you appear to not have one.

Better learn yourself. :P

Keyboards are substituting I guess.

Me and one of my friends are forming a band which is going to make one song then disband. I'm on 12-key keyboard (which doubles as drums) and ukelele, she's on bass ond vocals. We're called the Stars of the Underground Nintendo Scene. If you call your band Asasantin = Dipyridamole + Aspirin, you can be our rivals. :)

Cool.

"Bass" isn't just a drum, and you appear to not have one.

Better learn yourself. :P

I typed that I had to find a Bass player. Right? If I didn't we're currently trying to find one in-school. ::'

i'm in a band and i can say its not so good. we went to the guitar center one time to practice and one of our guys puked on a instrument, he had to get it.......used a lot of the money we were saving.

gl to you

d3m0nxer1ho3.jpg

Hate is a strong word<3:

clickme1jp0.gif

need 130k willows for 99 fm, or 3 mil to buy them "sniff"

If "friend 2" is doing guitar, then bass, lead or electric are going to be left out.

<.< Some songs don't use an elecrtic guitar. Some use the Dj thinger. (E.g. Slipknot (I think))

Lead guitar, bass and drummer are all you need, so long as one of you can sing. (That includes the drummer - check out the Stampeders. Their drummer sings.) Rush is a 3-member band who can make themselves sound like a five or six-member band. Check out some of their stuff, lots on youtube.

Good luck!

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

i honestly think you should scratch the mainstream alt/emo rock, they are really stupid and it gives all the types of rock a really bad name, if i were you i would use the keyboards as a melodic and become heavier riff wise. That will give your band individuality, as not many bands use heavy melodic riffs (In Flames, Children of Bodom) and you don't even need to scream to be even more original.

Just my two cents. no matter how bad you are, if you used that style i would listen ::'

siggy.jpg

^Click Siggy for Blog^

i honestly think you should scratch the mainstream alt/emo rock, they are really stupid and it gives all the types of rock a really bad name, if i were you i would use the keyboards as a melodic and become heavier riff wise. That will give your band individuality, as not many bands use heavy melodic riffs (In Flames, Children of Bodom) and you don't even need to scream to be even more original.

Just my two cents. no matter how bad you are, if you used that style i would listen ::'

All the people in my band like 'emo' songs, which are mainly not 'emotionally challenged songs...'.... They're 'goth'...

start off with a simple song you all like and cover it..thats what my friends old band (i used to play drums in it) did and we went to our schools battle of the bands and came 2nd...then split up but meh...life goes on...

Try ac/dc...highway to hell....That was the first song we ever played as a band and it sounded not too bad and it is incredibly simple to play on drums and even easier on guitar i am reliably informed!

Anyway, :thumbsup: goodluck

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

That sounds fine, except it's not the best idea (unless you're just completely screwing around) to form a band with really good friends. Usually if you actually want to go somewhere with it, you'd try to find some good musicians, and not necessarily friends, with the same musical interests. But, from the way you make it sound, you're not trying to really go anywhere with it, so I'll just say good luck 8-) . And my last suggestion would be to play to everyone's interests...the main problem with a band with good friends is that you usually don't want to speak up when someone really sucks, or if the band wants to play a song that you really don't like. Try to have everyone submit a song that they'd like to play, then work on them all. Just what I'd do.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

i'm in a band and i can say its not so good. we went to the guitar center one time to practice and one of our guys puked on a instrument, he had to get it.......used a lot of the money we were saving.

gl to you

ROFL! Sorry :oops:

oilertaych6.gif

[Admin Edit: Religious text Not permitted]

~108 combat~

5.9k dusties killed / dragon chain :D

/sigh

You can't have diffrent members like diffrent music it doesn't work.

Wtf? I said we all like the 'emo' music, yet we call it 'goth'.

That sounds fine, except it's not the best idea (unless you're just completely screwing around) to form a band with really good friends. Usually if you actually want to go somewhere with it, you'd try to find some good musicians, and not necessarily friends, with the same musical interests. But, from the way you make it sound, you're not trying to really go anywhere with it, so I'll just say good luck . And my last suggestion would be to play to everyone's interests...the main problem with a band with good friends is that you usually don't want to speak up when someone really sucks, or if the band wants to play a song that you really don't like. Try to have everyone submit a song that they'd like to play, then work on them all. Just what I'd do.

Bolded 1: We've made decisions so far on the songs we wont to try, we're not good though :roll: And.. my friends aren't shy. :-w

Bolded 2: """

I'm also a vocalist without any lessons, but I'm also lead guitar, so I know a bit of what you're talking about...

We mostly do Metallica stuff, try them, if your guitarist(s) are good, it'll be easy. James Hetfield's vocals are pathetic, therefore easy to replicate.

Try and find more guitarists, we have 3 (myself, a buddy, and a rhythm guitarist), it can only help you because you have more instruments making more sounds, so if one person hits a few wrong notes, it goes relatively unnoticed.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

Try and find more guitarists, we have 3 (myself, a buddy, and a rhythm guitarist), it can only help you because you have more instruments making more sounds, so if one person hits a few wrong notes, it goes relatively unnoticed.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

That would mean there's more chance of someone losing timing though.

Anyway, good luck with the band. I play guitar but have never been in a band so I can't help you much.

joshuatreenr9.jpg