Runescape Players Racist/Sexist?

Shlaymoed

I thought this was totally unfair. But also, usually the women players in Runescape get better deals, and people are a lot nicer to them. However, a lot of guys who play Runescape think that an online relationship will actually work as a real relationship (most likely because they can't get a girlfriend in real life). They also think that they can somehow have sex through an online game (which is frankly the stupidest thing i have ever heard).

I find that disturbing because it's much better in real life :wink:

It is racest but it happens to be their item. Jagex can't moniter that at all they can choose to sell to who ever they want to and if they got a prefrence they'll do w/e they like. I don't care this is a game who says that the player behind the virtual figure is real black or white or even a girl. It's first coem first serve to all.

Other than that i have seen little if any sexism and racism i see peopel selling to higher lvls all the time. It realy doesn't matter as i said it's a virtual image who says it's the truth about the player. It's not a major problem or a problem at all but it is in real life.

That sex part is real creepying me out. Do they real think this? Thats is just plain creepy!

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're forgeting one key element:

THERE ARE NO WOMEN IN THE INTERNETZ!!11

Theory pwnd' *slams book*

Nah, I'm kiddn. I've never seen racism/sexist in RS, cept for the common "be my gf plz" comment, I think harrasments between race and sex is low.

I have 3 female players on my friends list (Yes, I'm positive they're female!)

Female players aren't that common, mostly guys trying to get free stuff from naive froobs, but that doesn't mean there aren't any at all!

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

never saw racism but i did sexism.

some guy walked up to me

he: noob, ur a girl

me: so...gpt a problem with that?

he: ya girls are noobs

he: looser

*reports him for offensive language*

good thing is that there are not many of that kind of players

That guy is probably never going to get a gf with an attitude like that :twisted:

2480+ total

What's really racist is black knights are lower level then white knights.

First off, i really hope thats sarcasm.

Secondly, i don't think theres much racism or sexism in the RS community. It's probably the most equal community there is. Equal in the fact that everyone treats everyone else terribly regardless of race/gender/age/etc. If only there was one big mother that could spank us for being meanie heads.

o_o__o____o.png

o_o__o____o.png

Like omgz teh castle warz got p00n3d.

th_cwpwned.jpg

Most of the racist and bigoted stuff you encounter on RS is just immature little brats spewing nasty stuff to get attention. They don't generally have any clue what they are even saying.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Seeing cases of Racism and/or Sexism in RuneScape is extremely rare. In fact, since I've been playing (8 months), I haven't seen any of the sort.

However, I would assume some Female Players may get given free stuff, because some Males enjoy relationships over the internet, and will want to make sure the Female is in happiness by trading items to her. I know this for a fact, because my friend created a Character (Female) and asked for free stuff from a Male character, and he was happily willing to give it to my friend.

But from a racism point of view, I'm very sure it's a rarity to see any case of it happening in RuneScape. Fortunately.

- Honoured ::'.

honoured_guy.png

honoured_guy.png

Need A Question Answered About RuneScape? Message Me!

In all my years of playing, I've NEVER seen this happen. And shouldn't this belong in rants?

Anyone who does that, probably has another factor. Maybe buyer 2 had on low lvl stuff, or was trying to low ball other sellers earlier, and seller 1 saw that and took notice. That's what I do.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The only potentially 'racist' thing I've ever seen was someone selling low level black slaves in Falador, but I consider to be more of a scam. You can hardly get them to do your bidding once money has been parted.

This is just plain WRONG! -.-

:| Ive never seen this in all my hours of playing. But Runescape is a game for fun. Some people are so stupid :roll:

firesigrk8.jpg

Retired as of August 23rd with 91 Firemaking and 6m xp in it.

The only potentially 'racist' thing I've ever seen was someone selling low level black slaves in Falador, but I consider to be more of a scam. You can hardly get them to do your bidding once money has been parted.

XD Nice one!

What's really racist is black knights are lower level then white knights.

its not like its different skin colosr for the 2 types of knights. Its just dark and light. theblack knight captain isnt black.

The censors may have changed by now, but I remember one time I found out that the phrase "white power" was censored, but "black power" wasn't.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

I think people are becoming more suspicious of "female" characters now days due to clams of gold-digging etc. When my sister started a few years back, she was given a wholeload of expensive and useful stuff for free, made me reconsider my gender...

And about the racism, ive only seen two scenarios, one was a group of people making horrible remarks against race in the blue moon inn in varrock (reported :D ) and another was only recently when a person was giving out free food to 'puerto ricans only' I don't have a clue how he knew for sure.

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

Everyone knows you can choose the color of your skin and your gender at the beginning of the game. But apparently, now this effects the gameplay entirely. Recently, I saw these 2 scenarios play out.

Rs player 1=Light-colored skin man

Rs player 2=Dark-colored skin man

Rs player 3=Light-colored skin man

Rs player 1:selling full zammy!!!

Rs player 2:I will buy for 2.2mil

Rs player 1:I don't believe you really have that much

Rs player 2:I do, I will show you

Rs player 3:I will buy it, trade me

Rs players 3 and 1:Thanks

This struck me as amazing, I made another post about the decline in the community, but this was too far.

Here is the second scenario that I saw.

Rs player 1=Light-colored skin man

Rs player 2=Light-colored skin woman

Rs player 3=Light-colored skin man

Rs player 1:selling 3k willows 60k!!!

Rs player 2:ill buy all

Rs player 3:no i will buy all

Rs player 2:ill buy all for 70k

Rs player 1:no thanks i want to sell to him (Rs player 3)

I thought this was totally unfair. But also, usually the women players in Runescape get better deals, and people are a lot nicer to them. However, a lot of guys who play Runescape think that an online relationship will actually work as a real relationship (most likely because they can't get a girlfriend in real life). They also think that they can somehow have sex through an online game (which is frankly the stupidest thing i have ever heard).

OMG!!! CALL THE COPS BECAUSE EVERY MALE CHARACTER IS A GUY AND ALL FEMALE CHARACTERS ARE FEMALES!!!!

siggd7.jpg

No, everyone mentioned in the scenarios were high level players. I think the woman in the second scenario was actually 5 or 6 levels higher than the guy. But everyone was at least level 70.

Oh, and ugafan, I don't expect Jagex to even try and monitor this. I'm just saying I think it's unfair, but it's not really a rant.

Is the world racist/sexicist?

Second you examples aren't even racism.. The only racism in RS would be words that get through the chat filter.

genielampsiggv7.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-23

First of all get over yourself. Second just because someone doesn't sell to the opposite gender or race doesn't mean they're sexist or racist it just means they want to sell that person. Third of all it's people like you that make jagex make stupid rules that say "if your a girl or a boy you must sell to the opposite gender or if your black or white you have to sell to the opposite color. If you don't you can be reported and banned." <.< Then they'll make that rule and when ever the opposite gender or race don't get their own way they shout racist or sexist and report you. People like that piss me off. :x

Runescape has players in it, some people are racist and sexist so natuarally their is going to be racist and sexist people in runescape. Like said before though I think it is subconscience- dont think I spelt that right.

deathnotesignature.png

Bah to be honest I really don't care what your character looks like. I'm not a person to prejudge someone since i've seen lvl 14's with like 10m in cash. i don't think it was a case of racism, you didnt mention the cb lvls of the players in the scenario so it might have been a case of the guy not believing that the "dark coloured skin guy" had the money since he might have been a lower lvl.

Just my opinion.