XP or Money

007freak

While training, I usually use the fastest way that doesn't make me burn cash too fast, since as long as I keep myself from spending a lot I make the money back incidentally. However, I do make exceptions in the cases of really fast moneymakers such as the Barrows. I'm fine with an abysmal 30k xp an hour when I average a profit of 500k during that time :P .

P.S. to Master_Smither - the word you are thinking of in that last sentence is "awfully", and I suggest you change it to that. Your current term means something quite different that is somewhat repulsing and could potentially be interpreted as offensive.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer both...

Or actually I get exp because I don't want to spend money...

I don't really care if it's slow or fast... Since I'm f2p :)

But because I get everything myself (or most things) I get other exp.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

I'm not really rich. But since I am mostly training slayer I have some backup money, but less than 10 million. I'm sure my stuff is worth more. But that is all for training or from training.

I go therefore for experience. And not always with the fastest method. I actually only bought Guthans after I reached 80 slayer!

I'm 87 slayer now and I still do not use a cannon for it.

I'm sure I could have had more experience and money by now. But runescape is supposed to be a stress reliever. I just want to do things my way.

I just play, money comes. If i have no money, i train a skill that doesn't require it. When money falls upon me after a fishing session, i invest it into a costly skill. Thats how i work.

22.5m fish xp, 99 prayer, people usually assume i'm worth a bit...yet i have less than 50k cash in my bank...it's all either in items i use regularly or put into skills. What use is a big pile of cash? ^^

What I do when training my skills is set goals, such as get every stat to at least 70 or higher (which im working on now). My next goal will be to get everything to at least 75 or higher. Now, when I start a goal like this I always do agility first, then I do Rcing, Mining, Smithing. Because these 3 are the huge money makers. So they will finance any of the stats that you cant make money (Prayer, Construction, Firemaking), but I don't only go with those 3, I try and make money with all my stats. But just to give you an idea of what I do:

When I start going up to 75 from 70 I will start with 9.5m roughly. After taking my rcing from 71-75, my mining from 70-75, and my smithing from 70-75 I will have 23m. So thats my main money making stats, but If its possible to make money I always make sure I at least break even. And I will keep most of that 23m, 3.6m goes to construction for 70-75 (including furnishings), and 2m goes to prayer (ecto).

Now, after doing my main 3 money making stats I usually buy an item or two that I have wanted from my "dream list" of things I want (mostly overpriced nice things to have), but I never let my cash go below 10m, that way I have money to spend on stats if I need it. So after this, I will have roughly 17.4m, so I have 7.4m to spend on whatever I want, maybe some barrows sets, maybe some zamorak vestments, maybe a dark bow, whatever i feel like spending 7.4m on I can and still have 10m left to work on other stats which might still give me more money that I can buy more stuff with.

RuneScape-Sigre-sized-1.gif[/url]

Oftentimes raising your stats opens up ways to make gp faster.

For example, I spent months to get 90 Slayer. The Dark Bow came out when I was 88, and I sped on through to 90, buying extra prayer pots so I could use attack and strength prayers while slaying to get even faster exp an hour.

And in the past 4 days, training from 123 to 124 combat (98 att/str/def and 99 hp) I have gotten 12 Dark Bow drops, and sold them all for 3.7m each. That's 11.1M gp a day while getting massive amounts of melee exp at the same time.

That's just one example, but I will say this:

High skills > Wealth, anyday.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

good xp = high stats to make money with little cost

Therefore meaning u have to good stats and can make the money

most the time the best way to make money is not at a really high lvl examples:

Rcing - nats/deaths

Smithing - iron ore into iron bars

crafting - bowstrings

true, these are moneymakers, but all these skills are better for making money at higher levels. For example:

rcing- double nats at lvl 91

smithing- runite smelting and smithing into bolts/knives/full rune?

crafting- selling black d hide sets/ making and alching battlestaffs

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

I nearly always take the fastest experience possible, even if it costs a ton. In most cases, I can make up the cash difference in the time saved from doing things the fast way. Therefore, it's usually more cost-effective for me to do it the fastest way.

I owe it all to runecrafting. <3:

So now my question to all that read this and have an opinion. Which do you prefer when taking up stats, the fastest route (normally less money), or the slower route (normally a lot more money)?

Fastest = less money

Slowest = more money?

Got em mixed up there bud?

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

I'm constantly training exp, with whatever little profit i can get out of it. To date i have NEVER spent money on skills.

It's better to spend money to make more money, than to spend money to increase skills. There is always a method that doesn't require you to spend too much (or usually any) cash when training, and thats the route i usually take.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

I like to make money or break even personally.

I'm doing c balsl to 99 smithign which will make me around 100M.

So yes i don't wanna lose moeny but it's good offaly slow

Good luck with 99 smithing!

On topic:

I try to make the most money as possible while skilling, except for now where I'm going for 90 construction. To make all the money for it I'm making law runes, by the time I get 90 cons I will have made 110k laws, and wasted 33m. But ill have 75rc... :D

Pasty.png

• 4 weeks later...

The slow way usually gains more xp for another skill-they go in tandem

Such as fm-wcing, mining-smithing/crafting, rcing-magic,

so i go the slow way that is more xp in the long run

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

The only reason I have money is to train. Usually I'm self dependant and do everything myself. Like training construction to 74 (still in progress), I cut the oaks I'd use myself (17.5k and got a spirit seed from a nest), killed dragons for hides and bones, crafted and high alched hides, using money to make oaks into planks and then train.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

Money; XP can be bought.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Just training rc through the abyss pays for most things for me, plus a ton of shark fishing on the side.

Combat and slayer all comes breaking even, eating sharks but alching drops. Most people use guth, same idea.

Prayer was gotten through rc, with help from a friend.

Mage, once againthe runes where rc'd the runes.

Rc, i rc'd :D

Con was mostly through rc and fishing, my two cahs skills.

Agility is agility, break dead even no matter what. So fastest route lal the way.

Herby and farm go together, using seeds from drops and thieving and wcing, i've never bought seeds aside from about 70k xp in willows one day on an impulse.

Thieving i usually PP (profit from gold seals) or master farms (seeds that go into farming) depending on the mood i'm in.

Crafting i use hides, can break even if i sell some tanned hides, but i usually end up making a loss and buying it up with rc cash. Purely because i'm not serious enough about crafting, and need the rc xp anyway.

Fletching you can't help but profit/break even (since i don't want to alch the bows, it's not great xp at my lvl anyway)

Hunter you cannot help but profit, i sell red chins not use them since i was slayer xp when i range, and few slayer tasks compliment chins properly.

Mining, i have power mined and mined gold. Gold funds good smith xp. Power mining because i hate mining and just want the fastest possible to get it over with.

Smithing was bought through rc and a little gold mining. Also some sharks cash went into it. (i had a ton of help with this from my friend too, but the principle remains).

Fishign and cooking go together, i did sharks mostly, as this is my favorite skill i didn't mind the slower method and made some cash along the way to 99 =] I still rank fish, and cash it a good bonus.

WC and FM go together hand in hand. I burn my logs, keep the tree seeds, break even, get hawt xp, and get farm xp in the bargain.

So yeah, i spend a lot of cash on skills. But why not? i need to rc more anyway, and inevitably i will make cash. Instead of just letting it sit there i buy xp with it. I think anybody with decent rc (who also likes skilling) will have a similar system to me.

good xp = high stats to make money with little cost

Therefore meaning u have to good stats and can make the money

i agree

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

I always do it the fastest way, even if that means spending a lot.

Can't stand to raise skills slowly really.

Good logic is full of win.
Is that sarcasm? :P

If so, logic = less time being bored, more time making money elsewhere and having fun while doing it.