~Sometimes -_- (A warning for all )~

n_odie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not against the rules.

a mod told me i can say tip it. they even said it.

Now, 'Tip.it/runescape' is probably reportable though

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

Got nothing to worry about, I'm sure Jagex will understand :? Specially if you have no black marks.

Btw what cape is the guy wearing?

Slayer :)

Yeah -- I wouldn't worry, like other people, I agree that even if you get banned you can just appeal and you'll be fine.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Anyways... Yes, I think you will be safe. if you try to say for example a hacking site, then you are... dead. Not sure, but there are so many people who said Hyt! and tip.it lots of times. I usually try to keep safe, I usually say "twit" not "tip.it". I got it off lightning off the first day of clan chat. She told a jmod that "hyt" stands for "hey you twit" so I kept with it. Some kind of Code word really. I used it afew times and people knew what I meant!

22031_s.gif

Don't worry about it, i asked a mod about just mentioning a site name, he says that from the official guide on how to mod and when to mute, it says to not report if the name is mentioned

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I can't tell you where I got this from, but in the player mod center itself Jagex states that naming a fansite should not be reported. I realize Runescape's knowledge base says not to name ANY urls, but according to the player mod center, Jagex does not heed reports about fansites.

the rule is there to protect you from malicious websites. it is a good rule and i believe in it. however, yes, as you pointed out with the wannabe mod...some players tend to act like nazis when it comes to the rules and throw all common sense out the window. tipit is a very well used and common fan site. i've had friends ask me for help for training and quests and such...i simply tell them that i'd check tipit. usually i say it in pm tho. to me...that is a world away from spamming in a bank saying "hey everybody! check out tipit fan site for all your runescape needs!" that is advertising. if someone is asking me what i'm drinking and i reply "dr pepper" i'm not advertising for dr pepper.

i had a player the other day at the fishing guild looking for autoers. i'm lvl 109 and fishing next to him. he says "jp" so i say "what?" he replies..."just checking" like if i was looking at something else or didn't respond i must be an autoer. now if i see macros i do report them, but i don't go out of my way to try and police everyone in my vicinity. that's just being a nazi about it. like you pointed out in your thread...the only reasoning i can get from this is some players are just trying to be wannabe mods. when jagex has to sift through all the spam reporting like that it makes me wonder how long it must take to get to real reports.

i do agree with all the jagex rules and do my best to abide by them. if i see someone obviously breaking the rules i do report them. but i try to use common sense on what i feel might need to be looked at and dealt with and what is perfectly innocent. oh, and i don't yell "reported!" after each report...like that's gonna make any difference.

we're here to play a game and have fun. let's use a little bit of common sense with that report abuse button.

rssig2.png

Did you say "tipit" or "tip.it", because that nasty litter period can make all the difference, but either way, you should be safe, I really doubt you'll be charged with an offense for saying either of those. I'm also going to agree when my fellow tifers said that he was just joking, I bet he was. Whenever I'm in world 1, after I trade with someone they decline and instantly say reported, it was literally 3 seconds, so I don't think they had much of a chance to report me.

So basically, your safe and nothing will go wrong..

~joe.

Wow you're cool...

It is a breach of the rules to post anything promoting a website in the forums or in the game.

Hello, :)

"Zybez" and a few other names I didn't try are censored in game, this must be for a reason. It's a well known fact that some players have been permanently muted for saying "Google" in game before the name was censored...

If you feel your account is worth to be kept playing with, just do not mention web site names in any way and this does include giving out vague clues, or even written words on the minimap by dropping stuff on the ground. :-#

When a player is seeking for help I usually direct him to the Knowledge Base, his Quest Journal or "some fan site of your choice". If I want to direct him specifically to Tip.It, I sometimes go as far as suggesting him to search the Internet for the keywords "runescape first help site", but I never go beyond that point.

Better safe than sorry. ;)

Greetings,

Zou Lou.

Retired from RuinedScape 12/15/07.

Now playing a Tauren Shaman on World of Warcraft.

Server: Ravencrest.

Username: Zulu.

Thank you for the warning. I'm pretty sure of that the most of the tiffers know of this rule, and that you never should say a website's name in the game. But I'm also pretty sure of that this information was new to some of the readers, so thanks for posting :)!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak