Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

How can true feelings be wrong?

Its not natural. Heres what I honestly think.

Gay people feel friendship around guys(they think it is romantic love) and they feel love for women,(but they think it is just friendship)

I honestly do not think anyone is naturally gay, I think it is just a misconception (to them) of thier feelings, and they "become" gay.

"MoMMY, can i be Gay when i grow up", no one becomes it. and yes it is natral, "today im thinking of being Gay, tomarrow strait... and the day after that...Bi@

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS>I am not a huge prejudice person. Its not like if I see two men kissing each other, I go over to them and try to talk them out of it. I let them do what they want, and walk away, but I am morally against it, and thats the point in this topic, to say if its right or wrong.

Ps> Would YOU LIKE ME GOING OVER TO YOU AND your "SUPER HOTT GIRLFRIEND" KISSING AND TALK YOU OUT OF IT. I say live with it...Or pass around birkas for kissing couples in public.

My pure's stats:

Most people would agree that it takes a mixture of both biological and enviromental causes. Those biological causes come about entirley through nature (and if they were not there, neither would homosexuality be here), so how can you possibly call something that is derived from nature "unnatural". Nature isn't a man made construct, it governs the laws of everything that surrounds us. You can't simply say something is unnatural because it goes against your personal view of an action you find to be distasteful and an attraction you deem as "disgraceful". I think you need to understand what nature is, and the diversity it holds before you can use that term.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

PS>I am not a huge prejudice person. Its not like if I see two men kissing each other, I go over to them and try to talk them out of it. I let them do what they want, and walk away, but I am morally against it, and thats the point in this topic, to say if its right or wrong.

Ps> Would YOU LIKE ME GOING OVER TO YOU AND your "SUPER HOTT GIRLFRIEND" KISSING AND TALK YOU OUT OF IT. I say live with it...Or pass around birkas for kissing couples in public.

Read dammit. <.<

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Most people would agree that it takes a mixture of both biological and enviromental causes. Those biological causes come about entirley through nature (and if they were not there, neither would homosexuality be here), so how can you possibly call something that is derived from nature "unnatural". Nature isn't a man made construct, it governs the laws of everything that surrounds us. You can't simply say something is unnatural because it goes against your personal view of an action you find to be distasteful and an attraction you deem as "disgraceful". I think you need to understand what nature is, and the diversity it holds before you can use that term.

It's not about personal views. According to many religions homosexuality isn't natural. To many religion is seen as the truth and science is just the devil's word. What you see as nature can be seen as trickery to someone, and what they see as nature can be seen as foolishness to you.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

Read dammit. <.<

Rofl@ i relly knew tht, just thats my type of sarcasm, but relly for ppl who do.

My pure's stats:

Abelmisi wrote:

My personality and views changes alot so I think I would regret it.

My advice: Don't even think of tattooing 'till you've grown up, and matured.

A tattoo may also not fit various occasions so say , a red sox tattoo may look cool with my mates, but not on my sister's wedding.

Woul you really be showing off your tatoo at your sister's wedding?

like this is like mine...

My pure's stats:

It's not about personal views. According to many religions homosexuality isn't natural. To many religion is seen as the truth and science is just the devil's word. What you see as nature can be seen as trickery to someone, and what they see as nature can be seen as foolishness to you.

Most religions involve God creating all that is natural, therefore nature itself and governing those laws of nature. I don't see how anyone religious or not could see nature as evil. Nature just is nature its neither good nor bad. We don't look at the natural disasters in the world and attribute them to works of evil.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Most religions involve God creating all that is natural, therefore nature itself and governing those laws of nature. I don't see how anyone religious or not could see nature as evil.

Many people see that the devil (or other evil spirit) has messed with nature resulting in many things to be taken as real, but aren't (like dinosaur bones).

Im quite sure they attribute evil to the fall of men, not to nature. Which is why the "evil" argument would work maybe if homosexualiy was 100% enviromental or a choice. Thats the reason religious types like to argue against scientific study that it's down to the person not nature.

Signature3.gif

How can true feelings be wrong?

Its not natural. Heres what I honestly think.

Gay people feel friendship around guys(they think it is romantic love) and they feel love for women,(but they think it is just friendship)

I honestly do not think anyone is naturally gay, I think it is just a misconception (to them) of thier feelings, and they "become" gay.

Is Sexual Orientation a Choice?

No, human beings can not choose to be either gay or straight. Sexual orientation emerges for most people in early adolescence without any prior sexual experience. Although we can choose whether to act on our feelings, psychologists do not consider sexual orientation to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed.

Can Therapy Change Sexual Orientation?

No. Even though most homosexuals live successful, happy lives, some homosexual or bisexual people may seek to change their sexual orientation through therapy, sometimes pressured by the influence of family members or religious groups to try and do so. The reality is that homosexuality is not an illness. It does not require treatment and is not changeable.

However, not all gay, lesbian, and bisexual people who seek assistance from a mental health professional want to change their sexual orientation. Gay, lesbian, and bisexual people may seek psychological help with the coming out process or for strategies to deal with prejudice, but most go into therapy for the same reasons and life issues that bring straight people to mental health professionals.

http://www.apa.org/topics/orientation.html

Or perhaps it's society who has the misconception of what it is homosexuals feel. Society has an ideal that men like women and vice versa when it's clear that some just grow up being confused. Confused, but by nothing more than those around them espousing views that what they feel is unnatural or somehow a choice, and, one which should always result in heterosexuality.

My personal opinion is that it is wrong, simply because it is unnatural, we all have sex organs for a reason... to make babies, that is natural. Two people of the same gender can't do that together, and therefore homosexuality is unnatural.

From a political standpoint however, i think that it should be ok for people of the same gender to get married etc, if they can't they have one less freedom than hetrosexuals. In todays world, in many countries, everyone is supposed to have equal rights and freedoms, but this seems to be an exception, in many modern, developed countries including the USA.

nadsiggeh2cw3.png

(\/) 42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

(O.o) cabbage rools

(><) my sig is cool, if you agree put this in your sig. *is too lazy to animate*

^the bunny is back! yay!

I love people from all walks of life <3: I guess that makes me socially worse than gays to some? :P

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

The "Gay Marriage Issue" is the perfect example of how much control religious people have over the country...Honestly, there isn't a damn politician alive today - as stupid as they are, even - that isn't aware that banning same-sex marriage is unconstitutional and I'd wager that none of them care about gay marriage period to boot. They feign caring so that the religious right will vote for them. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact. I mean, maybe some of them do actually think it's wrong, but at the same time, they KNOW it's also unconstitutional to ban it, so the reason why they're for banning it is quite obvious.

Christians should just cut their losses and leave gay people the hell alone. They're NEVER going to win that battle. Eventually, the supreme court is going to rule that it's unconstitutional to ban it because you are denying people the rights that straight people get based on their sexual orientation, such as tax benefits for being a married couple and whatnot. However, like I said...Cut your losses...Concentrate on abortion. That [cabbage] is killing babies, and seriously...There isn't anyone alive who can say that doesn't suck. The only time it should be allowed is when it's a product of rape, and even then...Can't the mother have it and give it up for adoption? I understand the stigma a woman would have with looking at a product from her rapist everyday - I wouldn't want the kid either if I were her, but someone would. But at the end of the day, that's her choice and you have to rely on her making the right one, you can't FORCE her to. This whole aborting babies just 'cause they were an accident [cabbage] is pretty lame, though.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

My personal opinion is that it is wrong, simply because it is unnatural, we all have sex organs for a reason... to make babies, that is natural. Two people of the same gender can't do that together, and therefore homosexuality is unnatural.

I do not understand where you people get your definitions of "natural" from, or is this made up definition of natural just the next token word to provide a little objective justification to move personal distaste to declaring something as "wrong"?

Signature3.gif

I love people from all walks of life <3: I guess that makes me socially worse than gays to some? :P

It's okay, I still love you. Well, I love everyone. <3: I'm not sure what this post really has to do with anything so I'll just post a nifty article I saw while reading my daily news.

Check this out.

To many religion is seen as the truth and science is just the devil's word. What you see as nature can be seen as trickery to someone, and what they see as nature can be seen as foolishness to you.

That's fine, people can believe whatever the heck they want, but if science proves apples contain water and are green, and a religious nut says apples are blue and contain snake venom since they were infested by the snake of Eden, who's right?

A belief doesn't change reality. Reality, like nature (as posted above) is neutral. It isn't evil or good. It just is.

If I'm stating dinosaurs existed (which is undisputable fact), I'm not saying a 'good' or 'bad' thing. I'm just saying what the neutral truth and what really happened.

If I'm saying apples aren't poisonous and they are usually green, I'm not saying evil or good things. I'm just saying what the scientific truth is. Whether some tribal person or religious fanatic decides to disagree with me is irrelevant.

My opinion and belief on the matter has no substance. What has substance is the fact I have evidence the apple is green and not poisonous. I can pick it from a tree, hold it in my hand, show it to you and eat it, and I will be alive in years from now on.

I don't see why homosexuality should deserve a "promotion" or acceptance in society. I'm not saying we should reject people, i'm saying we should reject the act of it.

It is not natural and never will be. You have to be sick on the head to do that stuff. And what I find intresting is doctors saying its a Dis-order in the brain which effects why they do it.

If its a Disorder then why is it called natural? That would be claiming natural is now a disorder.

When a boy looks at a girl and claims he loves her, we all really know its lust as he never spoken a word to her.

In the same way, if a guy is getting feelings for another guy without speaking to him, its pure lust.

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

I don't see why homosexuality should deserve a "promotion" or acceptance in society. I'm not saying we should reject people, i'm saying we should reject the act of it.

It is not natural and never will be. You have to be sick on the head to do that stuff. And what I find intresting is doctors saying its a Dis-order in the brain which effects why they do it.

Most doctors for the last 30+ years in America have not classified it as a "mental-disorder" since the 73' declassification from the APA. Why when study has shown it to be caused by both biolgical and enviromental causes would you say its unnatural. The element that is biological is a product of nature, and therefore is natural. I don't know what you mean by nature when you reject that - so please clarify what "nature" means to you. Is being left-handed "natural" when the majority is right-handed?

If its a Disorder then why is it called natural? That would be claiming natural is now a disorder

It's not a disorder. I do not know where you get this infomation.

When a boy looks at a girl and claims he loves her, we all really know its lust as he never spoken a word to her.

In the same way, if a guy is getting feelings for another guy without speaking to him, its pure lust.

And if he gets feelings for him after speaking to him and getting to know him? Your argument here is against lust not homosexuality.

Signature3.gif

If its a Disorder then why is it called natural? That would be claiming natural is now a disorder.

~Defender~

As Satenza said, it's been declassified as a mental disorder. It's kind of analagous (if you're into genetics) to comparing a mutational allele to the wild type allele of the same locus. The mutation is not a disorder just because it's not as common as the wild type. It's still very much a natural thing.

I could speak for hours on the subject of the bible and it's inconsistancies but i will not as i think it is unfair to question the belief systems of others.

However I have no issue at all with homosexuality, and why should I? I am not one, will never be one....... but what exactly makes it wrong?

Love is an emmotion shown to one or more people, if that person happenes to be of the same gender how can sombody possibly judge their emotion as being wrong?

The important thing to remeber about the bible is that it was written by people in a time when people though differnetly. It was not written by a god, or even Jesus...... it was written by people who claimed (there is no proof) to know him some time after his death.

Whilst I dont deny that anybody of any faith or no faith can take away and learn somthing from any holy text it is very important to remember that it based totaly on opinions, no matter how they where written they will always remain written (and edited) by humans.

The bible teaches homosexuality is wrong, and the jewish holy text teaches not to eat pork!

But why does the jewish text teach not to eat pork? is it because there is somthing wrong with eating pork? or is it actually because at the time of it's writting the parasites and bugs that lived in pork ment it was not safe to eat?

Same goes with the religeous dress of muslims, the actuall clothing holds no fixed foundations in the religeon, it just happens when the rule book was written the area the religeon was based ment it was sensible to protect the face from blowing sand/dirt.

I personaly dont agree that anybody should totaly place their opinions and judgments fully on a translated book written 1000's of years ago, by humans who are bound to have stamped personal opinions all over it.

Whilst I accept religeon as perfectly good reason to disagree with homosexuality I personally dont place more respect in an opinion based on what you truely belive.

sig2webzx7.jpg

~Defender~

So if a guy talks to another guy and likes him, then it's okay? It isn't lust anymore, surely. According to you, anyways.

Why is homosexuality not "natural"? Animals even do it, and there is nothing more natural than an animal, lol.

I find this hilarious - "Accept the people, reject the act", in your words...So accept the people committing the rejected act? That makes no sense and is pure "Honestly, I'm not a bigot!" spew.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I find this hilarious - "Accept the people, reject the act", in your words...So accept the people committing the rejected act? That makes no sense and is pure "Honestly, I'm not a bigot!" spew.

Here's an example: You can accept a liar, and accept the fact that that is how he/she is, and that's how he/she lives their life. That doesn't mean you accept the act of lying and doesn't mean you believe its a just and moral thing to do.

Simaler to me...I dont belong in just 1 groupe, and in pround.

----for other people

Unnatural? Drugs are "unnatural", sre super powers natural? spiderman...Mabe not...Superman...Yesits the exect same debate.

My pure's stats: