Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

If you're interested, heres an interesting page on homosexuality and some facts.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1502263/posts

Before you imply that im a hater (which many narrow minded people will, these are facts, not my opinion".

I'm sure a link from the Catholic Apolgetics Society is going to be completley impartial when discussing things which they already beleive is - by divine word - wrong.

Doesn't get away from the fact that they are..facts.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're interested, heres an interesting page on homosexuality and some facts.

Before you imply that im a hater (which many narrow minded people will, these are facts, not my opinion".

I'm sure a link from the Catholic Apolgetics Society is going to be completley impartial when discussing things which they already beleive is - by divine word - wrong.

Doesn't get away from the fact that they are..facts.

I could just as easily quote obscure facts from books written in the 1960's - 1990's, all of which probably have different standards and conceptions of what constitutes a homosexual, which convey 'facts' different to those.

Plus, I am fairly adverse to being receptive to that list of apparent 'statistics'. When the post itself writes "A phrase that has come up recently in this earth is "sexual orientation." This is a phrase made up by homosexuals to try to make themselves look less filthy than they really are." and draws a tenuous, fallacious link such as " If you're not going to discriminate based on "sexual orientation", then you must not discriminate against any of the following. Bestiality, pedophile, necrophilia., exhibitionism, fetishism, frotteurism, masochism, sadism, transvestitism, voyeurism." I am hesitant to believe that it wishes to convey an objective 'statistical' view.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

That's a load of rubbish.

I had one long post about why in fact it is all rubbish, but I accidentally closed the tab when I went to close another tab. My point is, those studies are from right wing Christian organizations, and there is no way these are right.

For example, the FRI is not accepted by the APA at all.

So take them with a grain of salt.

ozXHe7P.png

Jesus Christ! that has got to be the most biased thing i have ever read. You cannot call that a reliable source.

Tk5SF.png

I have an idea! Why don't they take some Christian pills and become non-homosexual! because, its totally choice you know. And while they're at it, they are much more likely to become depressed due to feeling out of place and a screw up and a mistaken identity, because they are trying to be something they are not! And maybe they'll end up killing themselves! Gee, wouldn't that make the ol' Pope happy?

happiehour.jpeg

Wow, did you even read the garbage you linked to? You call these facts?

Too bad they aren't smart enough to listen to God. "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" (Romans 1:22)

Homosexuals prey on children.

Because homosexuals can't reproduce naturally, they resort to recruiting children. Homosexuals can be heard chanting "TEN PERCENT IS NOT ENOUGH, RECRUIT, RECRUIT, RECRUIT" in their homosexual parades.

21% of lesbians die of murder, suicide or traffic accident
LMFAO :lol:

The Kinsey study of 1948, which homosexuals often cite to say that 10% of the population is homosexual, actually says that only 4% of the population is EXCLUSIVELY homosexual

Why is the article quoting something from the 1940's and what is "the Kinsey study"?

A phrase that has come up recently in this earth is "sexual orientation." This is a phrase made up by homosexuals to try to make themselves look less filthy than they really are. The purpose of the phrase is to take the spotlight from what these perverts do

This comment on the article you posted sums up your "facts" perfectly: (Comments are located under the 'citations')

That is not a statistic, BTW. That is merely the opinion of an idiot.

The funniest part of it has to be:

* 59.6% of homosexuals are college graduates.

Next bullet point.

* 49.0% of homosexuals hold professional/managerial positions. 15.9% of the general population hold such positions (24). Where's the job discrimination?

This is probably the worst article i have ever read in terms of stupidity and prejudice.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Homosexual people don't cause you any harm, so not accepting it is completely [developmentally delayed]ed. I am hetero myself, and I don't understand how you could possibly be attracted to someone of the same sex. But it's their choice. Well it's not a choice, it's something that happens to you. You don't choose to be gay. It happens to you. Watch some American dad episodes and you gay-haters will hopefully understand how ridiculous your opinion is.

Oh, and I sent this :arrow: http://www.freerepublic.com/fo.....2263/posts to half my mailing list, I had a good laugh and I'm sure they will too.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

How can true feelings be wrong?

Its not natural. Heres what I honestly think.

Gay people feel friendship around guys(they think it is romantic love) and they feel love for women,(but they think it is just friendship)

I honestly do not think anyone is naturally gay, I think it is just a misconception (to them) of thier feelings, and they "become" gay.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

People saying that homosexuality is wrong, are wrong themselves. Who do you think you are judging someone's sexual preferences?

In terms of biology it's "wrong" because, well, two males aren't exactly capable of reproducing. But that does not give you any right or reason to see it as "wrong" in an ethical way.

Oh and homosexuality can be observed in the brains, which is fairly interesting. It's something in the sexual dimorphic nuclei, I believe. Homosexuals differ in that part of the brain from heterosexuals. So I just see it as one of nature's errors, but it's perfectly fine with me. It doesn't harm you, me or themselves.

Gay people feel friendship around guys(they think it is romantic love) and they feel love for women,(but they think it is just friendship)

I honestly do not think anyone is naturally gay, I think it is just a misconception (to them) of thier feelings, and they "become" gay.

Then why feel sexually attracted to the same sex if really it's just a casual "mistake".

Honestly thats one of the most ignorant and egocentric "beleifs" we have come across on this thread.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Have you ever been in love? I doubt, because it feels A LOT different than friendship.

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Explain bisexuality then.

ozXHe7P.png

Have you ever been in love? I doubt, because it feels A LOT different than friendship.

I have.

Honestly I can't think of another way to try to explain it, because its just unnatural and wrong :-#

Unnatural, disgraceful, and to me flat out disturbing.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Honestly I can't think of another way to try to explain it, because its just unnatural and wrong

Quote:

Unnatural? Perhaps. But then again, we are the only species that have evolved to our current psychological level. We are the first to develop a language, to actually dominate the rest of the earth and to slaughter each other for no other reason than power (yay). Why can't we be the first species where 2 creatures of the same sex love each other?

Disgraceful

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâadjective

bringing or deserving disgrace; shameful; dishonorable; disreputable.

Why?

And disturbing? I don't think 2 men kissing with each other is a beatiful sight (although I do appreciate some girl on girl action), but I don't think it's disturbing.

Retired

I have.

Honestly I can't think of another way to try to explain it, because its just unnatural and wrong :-#

Thanks, I'm disgraceful, unnatural, and out right disturbing, according to you.

I guess really, really obese people having sex is wrong to you, too.

ozXHe7P.png

Honestly I can't think of another way to try to explain it, because its just unnatural and wrong

Quote:

Unnatural? Perhaps. But then again, we are the only species that have evolved to our current psychological level. We are the first to develop a language, to actually dominate the rest of the earth and to slaughter each other for no other reason than power (yay). Why can't we be the first species where 2 creatures of the same sex love each other?

Disgraceful

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâadjective

bringing or deserving disgrace; shameful; dishonorable; disreputable.

Why?

And disturbing? I don't think 2 men kissing with each other is a beatiful sight (although I do appreciate some girl on girl action), but I don't think it's disturbing.

I apologize, but I do.

But think about what you have said, and let me quote in normal size...

although I do appreciate some girl on girl action

And why is that? Sexual preference of course. And that is only natural for you to enjoy watching it, but for them to be doing it? I don't think so.

Why can't we be the first species where 2 creatures of the same sex love each other?

You sort of do have a point there, but I shall try to counter it. If two creatures of the same sex love each other, they can not reproduce. If the whole human race does not reproduce, we go extinct.

PS>I am not a huge prejudice person. Its not like if I see two men kissing each other, I go over to them and try to talk them out of it. I let them do what they want, and walk away, but I am morally against it, and thats the point in this topic, to say if its right or wrong.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I have.

Please say why you think these things beyond personal distaste. At the moment you're coming across as someone who is condemning an action with no reasonable explanation.

Edit: And I'd like to point out the science friendly forum posters have already pointed out that homosexuality occurs in many animals. It's not strictly just human.

Signature3.gif

Why can't we be the first species where 2 creatures of the same sex love each other?

You sort of do have a point there, but I shall try to counter it. If two creatures of the same sex love each other, they can not reproduce. If the whole human race does not reproduce, we go extinct.

First of all, humans are by far not the first species to have homosexual intercourse, if thats what your referring to. Many species have it on a regular basis. For example, certain species of primates. Last time I checked, there are still monkeys left.

Second of all, homosexuality isn't widespread or some 'decided, hip craze sweeping the nation' that you propose it to be. Its undecided, people are born homosexual. I don't think you realize how stupid what you are saying is, there is a 0% chance of the whole of the human race to ever becoming homosexual.

happiehour.jpeg

Personally I think bisexuality is just confusion. All my bi friends turned out to be gay in the end, but just weren't ready to admit it to themselves. Bisexuality in every case I've seen is just a case of confusion or experimentation.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

If two people love each other, and (one/both) of them are infertile, they can not reproduce. If the whole human race does not reproduce, we go extinct.

Therefore, infertile people are wrong, disgusting, disgraceful, morally wrong, etc.

If we went by the reason you so detest homo/bisexuality.

ozXHe7P.png