Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

Well, I don't want a gay man hitting on me, obviously. But I think a gay man won't be hitting on me at all if he knows I'm straight.

These Santa smilies make me miss the old ones. :?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eeeexactly.

But just about all straight men are homophobes, at least to some extent. [bleep], on the other hand, are cool. It's how we are.

I'm straight and I'm not homophobic.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see the just about bit.

howlin1eeveesig.png

Eeeexactly.

But just about all straight men are homophobes, at least to some extent. [bleep], on the other hand, are cool. It's how we are.

Good thing you said "just about" or i would have had to make an angry point lol. I happen to be one of the few straight guys who happen to be comfertable around a gay person. In my opinion, its their sexuality, so they're entitled to fool around with whomever they please.

I guess I feel safe as well because hes best friends with my girlfriend <3: and i know him rather well. I cant stan homophobes, their just scared kids imo. Iv lost respect for them I guess because theres this one kid in our school who literally runs away from anyone who he knows it a homosexual. To the point where he turned to run and ran right into a group of kids and made himself look like an idiot.

I thought to myself, "wow, kids like HIM represent homophobes?" I'v just lost a lot of respect for them.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Why is it some/most of you are talking about only the gay side of homosexuality and not the lesbian side as well?

There are a few examples of this on the thread.

Because more men play runescape than girls, so whilst you've got at least one openly gay man debating (i.e. me, I'm sure I've seen others about, if not on this thread then on other similar ones) as far as I've seen there hasn't been any posts from out lesbians in here.

I dont tend to argue lesbian issues myself because despite us being grouped together it seems to me that we are quite disparate groups. There are, for example lesbian issues of parenthood which just dont apply to me. We just come from opposite poles and dont really meet in the middle, although there are common themes, but then those are just common themes and so I'm talking about them anyway from my perspective.

I'm adding my ten cents worth as I am a middle aged, married mum, not many of them on these forums....So maybe another point of view may be of benefit. This world is full of hate, I have no intention of denying people who love each other the right to do so. If they wish to make a civil partnership, I will only wish them happiness.

I also would point out that married people have certain pension and tax benefits. In my opinion, homosexual people who choose to make a lifetime commitment should share those rights.

If one of my children is gay? Well, as long as they are happy, then I'm happy. My vote is for understanding and tolerance. Being gay isn't a choice, it's what a person is, as unchangeable as the colour of their skin. There is no right or wrong.

... Being gay isn't a choice ...

I've always wondered.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Well, on a spread of the species point of view, it's a flaw.

I find it funny how, I as a gay guy who isn't in favour of (nor opposed to) Gay Marriage, haven't been torn to shreds by straight people advocating for Gay Marriage.

And I still don't understand the problem with Civil Unions with equal rights and adoption rights. Is one word so important that a state that already has Civil Unions (eg. California) needs an uprising of Gay Marriage protestors? You know how absurd that looks to use folks in states that don't even have Civil Unions? It almost comes off spoiled. Why don't you come help states without Civil Unions before pushing such controversial and pointless positions.

Plus, the only reason Prop. 8 failed was because of Obama and his drawing out of the black vote, whom are still quite socially conservative. And now Obama chooses Rick Warren for his inauguration. I can't help but laugh at the 70% of gay and lesbian people who supported and voted for him.

... Being gay isn't a choice ...

I've always wondered.

Its a menatal disorder not a choice ive heard, but heck im not a docter so im not sure :?

I know I said I was done posting in this topic... but... this deserves a ">.<"

If you do become a doctor, please don't use reference books from the '20s.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

And I still don't understand the problem with Civil Unions with equal rights and adoption rights. Is one word so important that a state that already has Civil Unions (eg. California) needs an uprising of Gay Marriage protestors? You know how absurd that looks to use folks in states that don't even have Civil Unions? It almost comes off spoiled. Why don't you come help states without Civil Unions before pushing such controversial and pointless positions.

Because I dont live in the states. What we have in the UK in the way of Civil Partnerships is still not equality and thats the whole point. I dont just want the same legal rights but I want to have the same romance, I want the same deal as they get. OK sure you guys are not doing as well, but I still have to campaign for equality as we haven't got it yet.

I support gay marriage as long as both chicks are hot

What about guys? Suppose two girls whose skin was burned off in a fire and for some reason couldn't get any more skin attached, wanted to marry. What then? Do you tell them, "sorry, go home. This is only for hot girls." Then after that everyone has their own opinion of what is hot on a girl. I'm sure mine differs from yours, so who is right. Who decides that? Congress at the time? That'd be funny to see, a 2/3 vote on what makes a girl "hot".

The religious right picks and chooses which parts of the Bible they want to apply. And they choose based on which outsider group they would like to hate next. First, they emphasized slavery in the Bible when they wanted to hate black people. Now, they emphasize the parts condemning homosexuality so they can hate gay people.

They are completely and utterly disingenuous. They don't mean a word of it. They don't give a damn what the Bible says. They just want to use it as an instrument of hate.

The Bible says eating shellfish is an abomination. Yet there are no Red Lobster Amendments. The Bible says you shall not wear two different types of cloths at the same time. Yet there are no Propositions against cotton and wool combos.

The Bible says you should leave your family and join Jesus Christ. The religious right pretends that Jesus was about family values. He wanted you to abandon your family. Read the Bible.

The religious right pretends that the Bible says marriage is between one man and one woman. But that is a bald faced lie. Have any of these people ever read the Bible? The Bible is full of men taking on second wives, servants, prostitutes and concubines. And all the while, God heartily approves. How many wives did King David have? Eight? Twelve? Let alone his possibly gay lover, Jonathan.

Now the Bible says that a man shall not lie with another man. That is true. But it also says, in the same exact book, that adultery is an abomination. And the just punishment for this sin is execution. So, who will execute the first adulterer? Please step on up. May the one without any Biblical sin cast the first stone.

Here is a question no one can answer -- and lucky for the right wing, the media never bothers to ask -- why do you only focus on the part of the Bible against homosexuality but not on the part against adultery? It's one thing to say you're against adultery; it's another to take away their rights. How come no religious figure in this country has mounted a campaign to take away the rights of adulterers? Let alone execute them.

I'll tell you why. Because there are too many of them. Their followers are adulterers. They don't make for good scapegoats. They are not an easy target to ostracize and focus your hatred on. Gays are perfect. They are a small enough percentage of the population and different enough from the rest of us to be able to get people to focus their negative, barbaric instincts on them. The Bible is only a tool for this tribal, ugly tactic.

But I am tired of hearing people saying that homosexuality is a sin in the Bible when they never quote the rest of the Bible (probably because a great majority of church goers have never independently read the Bible or they have built up a reservoir of excuses for the parts they find inconvenient). So, from now, I would like to tell the Rick Warrens of the world, you are perfectly allowed to say how much you would like to take gay people's rights away from them based on the Bible so long as you agree to do one thing first -- execute an adulterer.

If you can do that for me, then I'll believe that you actually believe in the Bible literally and will accept your literal argument against homosexuality. Fair is fair. Step on up.

edit:

Plus, the only reason Prop. 8 failed was because of Obama and his drawing out of the black vote, whom are still quite socially conservative.

False.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/11/ ... myths.html

And now Obama chooses Rick Warren for his inauguration. I can't help but laugh at the 70% of gay and lesbian people who supported and voted for him.

The Inauguration will also involve Reverend Joseph Lowery, who will be delivering the official benediction at the Inauguration. Reverend Lowery is a giant of the civil rights movement who boasts a proudly progressive record on LGBT issues. He has been a leader in the struggle for civil rights for all Americans, gay or straight. [so Obama is actively trying to include BOTH sides of the religious debate.]

Furthermore, one benefit that I saw to Sarah Palin being the nominee for the Republican Vice President was that it could open many Evangelical minds that women CAN and SHOULD be involved in leading the country. They do not believe this is a woman's place (the women of that denomination included...including my mother). However, if presented with the scenario of Sarah Palin as a prospect for VP, maybe they'd see that they're wrong. The same goes for Obama bringing in Warren: perhaps the Evangelicals will give Obama the time of day to listen to the liberals when it comes to this issue! You CANNOT shut them out like they don't matter, even if their opinions are disgusting and don't deserve the time of day in the first place!

Next adulterer execution in 3... 2... 1...

Actually, i'm pretty sure that if we were created, we were meant to think freely and choose for ourselves, why else would we be able to do so?

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Your point? If someone doesn't live their life the way they wanted to, do you think they'd care what happens to the rest of humanity? I personally don't care much about what happens after I die.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Your point? If someone doesn't live their life the way they wanted to, do you think they'd care what happens to the rest of humanity? I personally don't care much about what happens after I die.

U don't get that u were born to reproduce ur own kind?

wow u are selfish u wouldnt care about what happened to ur family. So if u had kids and u had died u wouldent care what happens to them?

king_kapugen.png