Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember what thread it was on, but I said Prop 8 could be overturned, and Jack told me I didn't know what I was talking about..

Anyway, I forgot to respond to that, so now I shall.

They spent over 20 million dollars to pass Prop 8. Prop 8 has been thrown around as a constitutional amendment but the truth is that it did not meet the standards of a constitutional amendment or to change the state constitution in any way for that matter. (Example of such requirements are 2/3 vote of the state legislature. That never happened.)

They also need the California Supreme Court to say "We were wrong when we said sexual orientation is a protected class under the constitution.", "You can change the state constitution without meeting the basic requirements to change the state constitution." And "The state constitution can contradict itself." The chances of that happening are small and they can easily overturn Prop 8.

I'm pretty sure I'm right. I think even if it is an initiative it can change the constitution. I think it was a revision, not an amendment. And I think that the supreme court can't overturn it based on a previous ruling of theirs.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

[hide=quotes]

God has created someone who inhertly sinful, I beleive it was in the Bible. Lilith, the first wife of Adam. In the current story of Adam & Eva, Lilith appears as the snake who gives Eva the Forbidden Fruit. Many of us know what the forbidden fruit represents, so if the snake gave the fruit to Eva what does that represent? Lilith had sex with Eva? But that would mean that Lilith had sex with Adam because Lilith was his first wife. Is this proof of Homosexuality in the Bible?

EDIT: Sorry, I was raised knowing Bible Stories in Spanish but basically, Eva=Eve. Sorry for any Misunderstanding >.<

What the [bleep]?

Sigh.... Do you know the Story of Adam & Eva???

There so you won't be sooo confused.

EDIT: Do you know what the Forbidden Fruit Represents??

[/hide]

Lol. Lilith. Good God. I laugh when my friend brings it up. He says she is the ruler of the seventh realm of hell and is stronger than God or something. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Lilith is a bunch of crock, and is not true. And no, Satan is the snake. And what the heck? No one gave Eve the fruit. The Serpent TEMPTED her. She took it of her own free will, thus debunking your argument.

OT: This bi girl at my work has a crush on me... (I hate her, she's so obnoxious)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Lol. Lilith. Good God. I laugh when my friend brings it up. He says she is the ruler of the seventh realm of hell and is stronger than God or something. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Lilith is a bunch of crock, and is not true. And no, Satan is the snake. And what the heck? No one gave Eve the fruit. The Serpent TEMPTED her. She took it of her own free will, thus debunking your argument.

You're scum for doing that.

Why? It's his opinion. I don't agree with it, and I really think it's pretty stupid, but he's entitled to it.

Thank you both.

I find homosexuality wrong but what is weird is that me and the guys joke around about being gay (grabbing each others [wagon], kissing at each other etc. ). I'm not homophobic, far from but homosexuality is just wrong to me. :|

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

I find homosexuality wrong but what is weird is that me and the guys joke around about being gay (grabbing each others [wagon], kissing at each other etc. ). I'm not homophobic, far from but homosexuality is just wrong to me. :|

Um, you think homosexuality is just wrong, and you dont think your homophobic?

I think I may have news for you, yes you are.

If your judging a set of people based on (from what youve said) no reason at all, thats pretty offensive.

As a homosexual myself, im required to answer "Right".

If a person wants to express themselves in a different way, who's to stop them?

It's like someone says "I've always wanted to be an actor" or something. They were born like that and can't help it. It's their choice.

I Can see why some people consider it wrong though, as some of the stuff can be sickening to a heterosexual. But some people just take it way too far, and start abusing the other person for being different.

Well individuality is what makes you YOU. So i don't see the point in hating someone for being different...

I For one am proud to be a homosexual.

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

If your judging a set of people based on (from what youve said) no reason at all, thats pretty offensive.

I have my reasons and maybe I am homophobic, but meh, it doesn't bother me. I've been raised anti-homo and that's how I'll continue to carry on with my life.

If someone can show me proof that two men can NATURALLY produce a child, then I'll start showing some respect to gay people.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

I have my reasons and maybe I am homophobic, but meh, it doesn't bother me. I've been raised anti-homo and that's how I'll continue to carry on with my life.

If someone can show me proof that two men can NATURALLY produce a child, then I'll start showing some respect to gay people.

What the hell? So for someone to earn your respect, two beings in a relationship need to be able to naturally produce a child? What about older people? What about a woman that cannot have children? A man with low sperm count?

"I've been raised anti-homo, so that's how I'll carry on my life." Yeah, great rationale. Disgusting.

Anybody else think that passing a law on banning marriage was stupid?

It's not like Gays make laws against other people.

Come on stop the [bleep]ing hate. It will end up being worse.

Who cares if they like other guys I sure as hell don't.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

You're a sick piece of ****.

Just cause you were raised one way doesn't mean you have to stick with it. My parents were both into all that buddhist/new age stuff and they know that I think it's bullcrap..

Stop being a coward and think for yourself. Sorry, the "oh I was raised this way" excuse doesn't cut it. Sure, you can believe what you want but honestly, you're sick.

**** you.

Do you need to take some pills? Why are you in what seems to be a constant volatile state? I think you should really start calming down.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Do you need to take some pills? Why are you in what seems to be a constant volatile state? I think you should really start calming down.

Um, cos he got reminded that we live on the same planet as a bunch of hate mongering bozos perhaps?

Ok sure, what do you expect when you come to a thread like this, but even so, when someone idly says your wrong as a person, as opposed to an opinion you might hold most people are going to react, and then when they say something as daft as "I'll only respect you if you can have a baby with another man", instead of respecting people simply for being people, well im not surprised he got annoyed.

Whats the need of reproducing? It's not like the human race is going to end because of some gay couples.

THERE ARE ALREADY 6,720,000,000 PEOPLE IN THIS PLANET. Stop saying "its wrong because they cant produce a child naturally". That's not a valid argument.

Why even try with that idiot? Honestly, there is no point whatsoever. I'd get better replies if I argued with a tree stump.

Whats the need of reproducing? It's not like the human race is going to end because of some gay couples.

THERE ARE ALREADY 6,720,000,000 PEOPLE IN THIS PLANET. Stop saying "its wrong because they cant produce a child naturally". That's not a valid argument.

Hows it not a valid arguement?

If everyone was gay there would be 0 people on this planet...

I'm not against gays, I'm just saying.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

It's not a valid argument because it's obvious the whole earth population isn't gay.

Why even try with that idiot? Honestly, there is no point whatsoever. I'd get better replies if I argued with a tree stump.

Even if the whole world was gay, the population wouldn't turn to zero. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_insemination

(Not to mention the obvious point that homosexuals can and do have sex with women.)

+1

There are gay animals all over nature, they're just not evolutionary fit because they don't reproduce. Humans, however, co-evolve with technology which is why our species can live in all corner of the world, unlike any other animal. With this technology, homosexuals can reproduce and are evolutionary fit, and are naturally "normal" (evolutionary-wise). All your ignorant comments on how homosexuality is not natural are completely worthless.

There's absolutely no reason to discriminate homosexuals, the difference between a homosexual and heterosexual is the same difference between a blond and a brunette. Someone else discriminated people based on their phenotypes... anyone remember him?

hiccup.png

It's also been theorised that homosexuality evolved as a means of providing parents of offspring with an alternate carer, so that in social groups when parents died or were needed else where (in times of low food availablity say) their offspring could be put with a surrogate who was physically strong enough to defend them but had the ability to bond with children the same way mothers do - i.e. a caring nurturing male figure. Lesbianism has been theorised to be the opposite, so that a social group would have very strong female figures who could defend the nest whilst the males were away hunting.

Whether or not this is precisely the reason behind our existence is neither here nor there, no matter what there wil be some evolutionary reasons for homosexuals, given we have survived, its not like we pass on our genes, so if those genes have survived it is for a reason. If its not genetic (and that is by no means certain) then we have survived because there is quite simply a place for us to do so.

It's not a valid argument because it's obvious the whole earth population isn't gay.

Not really what I meant, I was trying to say that the arguement that being gay is wrong because they can't reproduce can't be put aside as an invalid arguement just because of the number of people in this world.

No matter how stupid I think that arguement is.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

[hide=]

[/hide]

Not really what I meant, I was trying to say that the arguement that being gay is wrong because they can't reproduce can't be put aside as an invalid arguement just because of the number of people in this world.

No matter how stupid I think that arguement is.

It is an invalid argument though. By that same logic, being castrated is "wrong". Being physically unable to carry a child is "wrong". Having some sort of condition that makes you infertile or otherwise unable to have children is "wrong". Being too old is "wrong".

I'm sure even those against homosexuality would agree those other four groups are not wrong. They're just physical conditions which can't be controlled, except obviously the first.

Continuing on animal gayness.. here's a fun fact. Male fruit flies become homosexual when the temperature changes. I don't know exactly what temperature makes them homosexual, but different temperatures make for different sexual preferences in fruit flies.

And yes, I'm serious.

Yep its a really bad argument against a really bad argument, thats the major problem with forums, theres idiots on both sides, if theres one thing more annoying than arguing with an idiot its having an idiot on your own side derailing the debate.

So apologies for the idiots on our side, but still, the argument that being gay is wrong because we cant reproduce is still stupidity on a grand scale.

What about two women, the last time I checked two women can't produce a child naturally?

howlin1eeveesig.png