Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave it to Lenticular J to always have the answer. :lol:

At least we know now.

Well, actually, this time the Swedes saved the day.

I'm not buying this. Reminds me of in the scientific revolution where scientists used science to "prove" that men had larger brains than women.

Edit: I can't type to save my life today.

Maybe you didn't finish elementary biology, males of the human species do have larger brains than females:

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/heshe.html

Almost all studies show that at birth, a boy's brain is bigger than a girl's brain. At birth, the average brain of boys is between 12-20% larger than that of girls. The head circumference of boys is also larger (2%) than that of girls. However, when the size of the brain is compared to body weight at this age, there is almost no difference between boys and girls. So, a girl baby and a boy baby who weigh the same will have similar brain sizes.

In adults, the average brain weight in men is about 11-12% more than the average brain weight in women. Men's heads are also about 2% bigger than women's

As the article continues, brain mass itself may not be the best measure of intelligence, I personally agree 100% it's not the only measure. It's a physiological fact. You might just as well try vainly denying men have larger livers, lungs, etc... Because they do.

Also I don't see what's there 'not to buy' about that test Lenticular linked to, seeing as it was a scientifically accurate test done by one of the most respected universities

A group of 90 healthy gay and heterosexual adults, men and women, were scanned by the Karolinska Institute scientists to measure the volume of both sides, or hemispheres, of their brain.

When these results were collected, it was found that lesb­ians and heterosexual men shared a particular "asymmetry" in their hemisphere size, while heterosexual women and gay men had no difference between the size of the different halves of their brain.

MRI brain imaging and x-rays don't lie, there are physical differences in gay and straight men/women's brains, if you don't believe it, I'm sure they will provide you the images used in the study to prove it.

Bluelancer, I never said I didn't believe that men and women have different size brains, that's a well known fact. What I said was that I didn't think this study was as valid from the low sample size. The study only used: 25 heterosexual men (HeM) and women (HeW), and 20 homosexual men (HoM) and women (HoW). All I commented on was how the study reminded of in the scientific revolution where scientists used science to look at cranial capacity, using these studies to reemphasize that women were "the weaker vessel."

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2008/06/13/0801566105.abstract

sigh.png

It isn't a great study, but with the folks it used it was relatively straightforward.

I like it, because when I see a woman I like, my right eyebrow shoots up. It's interesting to think that my entire brain may constantly be in that state.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I happen to be catholic, and I personally see no problems with being homosexual/gay marriages. It doesn't affect me at all, or any of you for that matter, so I don't see why people view it so negativ ely.

I also wonder why the catholic church doesn't allow gay priests, I mean sexual orientation should have nothing to do with ones devotion to God. I hate it when someone says being gay is a sin or something like that, because honestly people are born being homosexual or not. its not as if they just decided to become homosexual. And God created us all in different ways, and being homosexual is no different from this.

Iono, just throwing out my opinion. Prolly will get flamed, but I stand by it 100%.

[94/99 Ranged][87/99 HP][80/85 Def][70/70 Pray]

I happen to be catholic, and I personally see no problems with being homosexual/gay marriages. It doesn't affect me at all, or any of you for that matter, so I don't see why people view it so negativ ely.

I also wonder why the catholic church doesn't allow gay priests, I mean sexual orientation should have nothing to do with ones devotion to God. I hate it when someone says being gay is a sin or something like that, because honestly people are born being homosexual or not. its not as if they just decided to become homosexual. And God created us all in different ways, and being homosexual is no different from this.

Iono, just throwing out my opinion. Prolly will get flamed, but I stand by it 100%.

=D> :thumbup:

- - -

A lot of people's negative judgments and comments are just due to their ignorance, and their own fears.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

A lot of people's negative judgments and comments are just due to their ignorance, and their own fears.

Exactly, many people wont even hold a view of their own, they'll take their churches stance on it yet most don't even know from what area of the Bible the church builds that stance. Ignorance at it's greatest. Taking the churches stance on it because they're scared of "Hell". Fear and Ignorance combined.

Exactly, many people wont even hold a view of their own, they'll take their churches stance on it yet most don't even know from what area of the Bible the church builds that stance. Ignorance at it's greatest. Taking the churches stance on it because they're scared of "Hell". Fear and Ignorance combined.

Yeah.

It really just helps if you're not religious at all :twss:.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Gays are just fine with me. If it makes them happy, why not. To all of you that are against it because of religion I have a question for you, if god loves everyone, just because they are his children, why would he hate gays?

Gays are just fine with me. If it makes them happy, why not. To all of you that are against it because of religion I have a question for you, if god loves everyone, just because they are his children, why would he hate gays?

Because it is "wrong" :twss:

Why even try with that idiot? Honestly, there is no point whatsoever. I'd get better replies if I argued with a tree stump.

I also wonder why the catholic church doesn't allow gay priests, I mean sexual orientation should have nothing to do with ones devotion to God.

I think they do, did you hear about the Priests in Ireland a few months ago, the way they has sex with alter boys? They were gay and there either dead(for w/e reason) or still a priest(I think) or forced to step down because of what they done.

I'm not 100% sure one this issue though but I do know the priests were gay (at least to little boys anyway)

howlin1eeveesig.png

I also wonder why the catholic church doesn't allow gay priests, I mean sexual orientation should have nothing to do with ones devotion to God.

I think they do, did you hear about the Priests in Ireland a few months ago, the way they has sex with alter boys? They were gay and there either dead(for w/e reason) or still a priest(I think) or forced to step down because of what they done.

I'm not 100% sure one this issue though but I do know the priests were gay (at least to little boys anyway)

That's called pedophilia, and I'd be very surprised if the catholic church approved (knowingly) of them being priests :lol:

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

I'm pretty sure these priests were no doubt all excommunicated...

- - -

And I think it would be best if we didn't start throwing the words "homosexual" and "pedophile" together in the same topic...

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Please tell me you were joking, or atleast being sarcastic. And if so, I didn't find it funny whatsoever.

First of all, being gay (or being a priest for that matter) does not make you a pedophile. What you mentioned was an instance of pedophilia in the Catholic Church that got HUGE amount of negative publicity. And now because of it, you automatically think gay priest -> pedophile. Just because one priest engaged in sexual acts with an underaged boy does not mean all priests (albeit gay or not) are pedophiles.

And I think it would be best if we didn't start throwing the words "homosexual" and "pedophile" together in the same topic...

Yea sorry I got some of my wires crossed I was thinking of a different thing.

First of all, being gay (or being a priest for that matter) does not make you a pedophile.

Never said it did.

What you mentioned was an instance of pedophilia in the Catholic Church that got HUGE amount of negative publicity. And now because of it, you automatically think gay priest -> pedophile.

Can you tell me where I even hinted at that?

Just because one priest engaged in sexual acts with an underaged boy does not mean all priests (albeit gay or not) are pedophiles.

Again I never said that.

(Psst just to put it out there so people will stop making fake assumptions of me; I DO NOT think priests are gay and also I DO NOT think gay priests are paedophiles. IF I am wrong I will admit it though.)

howlin1eeveesig.png

Please tell me you were joking, or atleast being sarcastic. And if so, I didn't find it funny whatsoever.

First of all, being gay (or being a priest for that matter) does not make you a pedophile. What you mentioned was an instance of pedophilia in the Catholic Church that got HUGE amount of negative publicity. And now because of it, you automatically think gay priest -> pedophile. Just because one priest engaged in sexual acts with an underaged boy does not mean all priests (albeit gay or not) are pedophiles.

It was more than "one" priest, it was hundreds within Ireland. My dads involved in the Redress board, which pays compensation to those sexually abused within government institutions from the 50's till the late 70's. So far the Catholic church has payed in 1.6 Billion euros for their "share" of the abuse, my dad said though they're getting away with a little payment as most involved were Catholic clergy.

They're hardly going to get positive publicity for being sickening monsters now would they?

Pertend your God, and you spend all your time raising a child (Mankind), and your child does something wrong; would you be so heartless as to shun him and hate him?

Howling ain't saying that all Priest are Gay Pedophiles, he was just providing a counter-example to Chaos's statement >.>

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Pertend your God, and you spend all your time raising a child (Mankind), and your child does something wrong; would you be so heartless as to shun him and hate him?

Yes, because it isn't "the way God meant it to be" :twss:

Why even try with that idiot? Honestly, there is no point whatsoever. I'd get better replies if I argued with a tree stump.

You're just being stupid now.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

You're just being stupid now.

Blame the smiley.

Yea sorry I got some of my wires crossed I was thinking of a different thing.

First of all, being gay (or being a priest for that matter) does not make you a pedophile.

Never said it did.

What you mentioned was an instance of pedophilia in the Catholic Church that got HUGE amount of negative publicity. And now because of it, you automatically think gay priest -> pedophile.

Can you tell me where I even hinted at that?

Just because one priest engaged in sexual acts with an underaged boy does not mean all priests (albeit gay or not) are pedophiles.

Again I never said that.

(Psst just to put it out there so people will stop making fake assumptions of me; I DO NOT think priests are gay and also I DO NOT think gay priests are paedophiles. IF I am wrong I will admit it though.)

Oh, okay okay. I'll admit I jumped the gun with that one. I thought you were trying to be a smartass >.> I apologize if it seemed like I was attacking you. I take back what I said, and agree with Mirage's statement.

Pretend your God, and you spend all your time raising a child (Mankind), and your child does something wrong; would you be so heartless as to shun him and hate him?

But God is a Benevolent force :twss: and your not, you make a bad God >.<

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg