Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

Do you need to take some pills? Why are you in what seems to be a constant volatile state? I think you should really start calming down.

Um, cos he got reminded that we live on the same planet as a bunch of hate mongering bozos perhaps?

Ok sure, what do you expect when you come to a thread like this, but even so, when someone idly says your wrong as a person, as opposed to an opinion you might hold most people are going to react, and then when they say something as daft as "I'll only respect you if you can have a baby with another man", instead of respecting people simply for being people, well im not surprised he got annoyed.

If he wants to be taken seriously he should calm down and stop swearing at people, otherwise he'll be treated as a joke, like he was when he went crazy at Reb for promoting a different set of ideals.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about two women, the last time I checked two women can't produce a child naturally?

Well thats a daft argument, hes almost certainly against lesbianism too

That would be the logical thing, but there are many guys who are against gay men and argue against it, but are completely fine with gay women, simply because it's not "gross."

^^ Best pie chart i've seen in days <3:

I'm no good at thinking up reasons, which is pretty lame, but i've always been taught never to judge someone by their "cover". I have a gay friend and a bi friend, and i'm fine with both of them. I don't expect them one day to come onto me, they're jsut not like that.

To be honest if you're gay then you were born gay. Surely most of the homophobes in the world follow some sort of religion that forbids homosexuality. So if God created everything then God created gay people?

Like I said, no good at giving reasons :?

Li Chef

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

You can tell homosexuality is wrong because of the way females are created. If guys were made to "Do It" with other guys then there would be no point in giving women well um...a certain thing. :lol: The two "Things" are made for eachother. :thumbsup:

Men have a sensitive spot up in there...

You can tell homosexuality is wrong because of the way females are created. If guys were made to "Do It" with other guys then there would be no point in giving women well um...a certain thing. :lol: The two "Things" are made for eachother. :thumbsup:

Men have a sensitive spot up in there...

Not to mention the fact that there's a lot of women out there whose "things" don't seem to react to mens' things without a lot of work.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

I think it's somewhat a choice.

Those that have those beliefs should be quiet about it.

Yeah, It's a choice.

(A lesbian in my marching band is holding a sleepover for GIRLS ONLY???)

and she tore down yes on 8 signs.

I don't mind civil unions, but I don't think it's marriage.

Prop 8 has many horrible misconceptions, like it gets rid of unions, which it doesn't.

The extremely liberal 9th circuit court will probably kill it :/

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

(A lesbian in my marching band is holding a sleepover for GIRLS ONLY???

Don't straight girls also have sleepovers for girls only? Doesn't mean they're organising some secret mass lesbian sex romp...

PS: I notice "lesbian" is no longer censored. Nice work. ;)

Don't straight girls also have sleepovers for girls only? Doesn't mean they're organising some secret mass lesbian sex romp...

Oh, lesbian spank inferno!

You mean girls' sleepovers don't consist of naked tickle fights and practicing kissing?

You mean girls' sleepovers don't consist of naked tickle fights and practicing kissing?

I guess not.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Does that make things like uh... using a fork wrong? Our hands are what we were given to pick up things with? Why use utensils?
mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

Does that make things like uh... using a fork wrong? Our hands are what we were given to pick up things with? Why use utensils?

I feel a better response would have been: Why wear clothes? We were born naked.

However, following what he says, alot of things are wrong. Such as driving, we were created with the means to walk, so therefore we should walk. Yet, we were given intelligence, and the drive to better ourselves as a whole, therefore, nothing along the lines of driving, using utensils to eat etc... is wrong because we were giving the ability to think and create. Therefore, since we have a free will, we are not obligated to follow a higher diety, if such a thing does exsist. Sure, the teachings were needed in times before, in order to help explain that which couldn't be, however, we can explain alot more things now and do not need to put them down to a higher diety. I will not deny that The 10 Commandments were perhaps the basis for our laws, and were infact needed before in order to help prevent chaos.

Yet, I feel that The Bible also helped in instill some fear into people, think about it, if it hadn't been around, people would have went around doing whatever. The Bible helped to give them some direction with a promise of reward if they were good in life, and punishment if not.

So rather than follow The Bible blindly, we should take from the lessons it treats, and adapt them to the norms of society for today.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

• 3 weeks later...

God gave us the capability to put the lime in the coconut. I think He doesn't care too much. But, technically, you just believe in traditional Catholic marriage. I don't see anything particularly wrong with that, I guess. Just tone it down a bit.

I'm a homophobe, though. Complete and utter. Still, what a man and a man or a woman and a woman or a man and a woman do behind closed doors (or in front of cameras, or in the kitchen, or on a beach) is really none of my business unless it complies with various codes and guidelines as well as very skilled videography and I should really stop talking now.

What's the difference betweem a homosexual relationship and a straight relationship, besides gender?

Well, technically, people attracted to women have larger right halves of their brains than those attracted to men, who have more similarly-shaped brains.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

im not homosextual but it's people's choice to be gay or not.

leave them alone if they like the same sex.

god will decide what to do with them when it is time. :twss:

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

I think that the main reason with homosexuality in the United States (andp ossibly in other countries) is that the main reason they are fighting to have thair "mairrage" legal is that they want the same benefits as a married man and women do, thus cheaping the easy way out and thus hurting the economy.

Bible states that marrage is between one man and one woman. Nothing more, nothing less. If a man wants to date a man or a woman wants to date a woman, so be it, just you cant call it a marrage.

Im not against gay marrage im just against why its being fought for.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

I think that the main reason with homosexuality in the United States (andp ossibly in other countries) is that the main reason they are fighting to have thair "mairrage" legal is that they want the same benefits as a married man and women do, thus cheaping the easy way out and thus hurting the economy.

Bible states that marrage is between one man and one woman. Nothing more, nothing less. If a man wants to date a man or a woman wants to date a woman, so be it, just you cant call it a marrage.

So it's okay for you to get the cheap way out and hurt the economy, but when a gay person wants to, suddenly it's bad.

Smells like a Holocaust in the making, except this time it's with gays.

no, in no way is it ok to cheap out of the economy, just that its technicly not a marrage, so they shouldnt get benefits.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

So it's okay for you to get the cheap way out and hurt the economy, but when a gay person wants to, suddenly it's bad.

Smells like a Holocaust in the making, except this time it's with gays.

no, in no way is it ok to cheap out of the economy, just that its technicly not a marrage, so they shouldnt get benefits.

What on earth makes you think just because you are christian that gives you the right to dictate what a marriage is? Marriage was around a lot longer than christianity, marriage is not exclusively a christian ceremony, marriages exist in *ALL* religeons, including those that embrace homosexuality.

As for it technically not being a marriage therefore they shouldnt get the benefits, have you actually consider what the benefits are and the implications of not having them? Tell me how you think you might feel if you knew you wouldnt be informed if the person you loved was in an accident or killed? Tell me how you think you might feel if the most important person in your life was in an accident and in hospital and you were not allowed to be at their side?

Tell me how you think you might feel if after an accident like that and not being allowed to be by their side as they died you were then thrown out of your own home the next month while you were still grieving because it was there name on the lease.

And how would you feel if you knew that your house would be given away to your spouses abusive parent who threw them out at the age of 16 to live on the streets simply because they were the closest blood relative?

Tell me how would you feel?

Leave it to Lenticular J to always have the answer. :lol:

At least we know now.

Well, actually, this time the Swedes saved the day.

I'm not buying this. Reminds me of in the scientific revolution where scientists used science to "prove" that men had larger brains than women.

Edit: I can't type to save my life today.

Well, the actual scientific report shows that it has no apparent effect on any functions, just that the brain is asymmetrical. The study was to see if sexuality can be determined before birth, but I don't even know if a single fetus was studied.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Leave it to Lenticular J to always have the answer. :lol:

At least we know now.

Well, actually, this time the Swedes saved the day.

I'm not buying this. Reminds me of in the scientific revolution where scientists used science to "prove" that men had larger brains than women.

Edit: I can't type to save my life today.

Well, the actual scientific report shows that it has no apparent effect on any functions, just that the brain is asymmetrical. The study was to see if sexuality can be determined before birth, but I don't even know if a single fetus was studied.

And the actual study only studied 90 people. Again, until further proof, I'm still not buying this.

sigh.png

1.thus cheaping the easy way out and thus hurting the economy.

2. Bible states that marrage is between one man and one woman. Nothing more, nothing less. If a man wants to date a man or a woman wants to date a woman, so be it, just you cant call it a marrage.

How the hell does homosexual marriage hurt the economy?

[in reference to Government seizure of property on death if next of kin is not named..?]

2. Since when has the Bible, or any religion for that matter, had intellectual property rights to the term 'marriage'?

Why can't same sex couples call their relationship a 'Marriage' and be afforded the same rights as hetrosexual couples, especially in our [i'm assuming here] nomitaivily secular western societies?

For a non religious view on the purpose and evolution of Marriage, I reccommend the below links.

Here for the full text.

For a more succient Wikipedia summary, here.

Personally, I couldn't care less what consenting adults get up too.