Who is your favourite author?

Kloffy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J.R.R Tolkien..it's obvious why. He created Middle Earth, gave detail to everything..put history behind every person and thing in his world, and just virtually made a second universe. If you've never seen the appendix in the LOTR trilogy (Who hasnt >.>), then go look NOW.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

I read way to much to have a single favorite author. The others might get jealous :XD:

And I know what you mean about Tolkien, it's really something to be admired when you can create a world that's so believable.

p2gq.jpg

Chuck Palahniuk, the great mind behind Fight Club (the book). He's written many great books that I've read; Choke, Diary, Haunted. Haunted has many mini-stories within it, each more disgusting than the last. One of Palahniuk's short-stories, Guts, was read aloud and people passed out because of it's great detail.

Wilson Rawls for Summer of the Monkeys and Where the Red Fern Grows.

Marc Talbert for Dead Birds Singing.

Awesome book. :cry:

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Margeret Peterson Haddix. She wrote the Shadow Children series.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Isaac Asimov, the best Sci-Fi writer ever. I've already read five of his books and I'm going on for more.

I disagree, I love Orson Scott Card(Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow), he wrote my two favorite books of all time. A very gifted SciFi writer.

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

Dr. Wayne Dyer, Bob proctor, John Assaraf and Dr. Phillip C. McGraw

(These are more motivational, life, philosophy, quantum physics, psych, business, money making authors)

They kind of fill my shelf more than any other type of books :oops:

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Isaac Asimov, the best Sci-Fi writer ever. I've already read five of his books and I'm going on for more.

I disagree, I love Orson Scott Card(Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow), he wrote my two favorite books of all time. A very gifted SciFi writer.

Card is probably my favourite author, however I prefer his Bean trilogy more than his Ender one.

Clive Cussler, author of the Dirk Pitt series. he is the man!

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Clive Cussler, author of the Dirk Pitt series. he is the man!

I read about 10 of those books. I found them to all be pretty similar, and had no urge to read anymore of them.

Two fantasy authors I really like are Robert Jordan and Terry Brooks. SciFi I would probably have to go with Arthur Clarke. I'll also mention Ayn Rand here, since she is the author of my favourite book, Atlas Shrugged.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg