WWIII - Oh teh noes...

M_D_K_48117

I believe we're on the brink of WWIII. A lot of epople say that we are unbeatable because of advanced techs, but...here's something that happened in Vietnam. We came 3 miles from the Chinese border while trying to get troops to a certain part of Vietnam, and the Chinese dispactched 1...just 1, of their divisions. Our normal division is roughly 100,000-200,000 soldiers. The divison they dispatched contained over 1 million soldiers.

So, just recently on the news, it was stated that the Russians and Chinese, the only 2 countries that are a threat to the U.S. allied and are begginning training together. Also the Russian long range bomber flights began again, these flights are meant to practice their pilots for a long range attack, IE a nuclear attack or a good few thousand pound bomb to be dropped on an American city.

Also, this is something that I thought should've gotten more attention, one of those flights went a mere 2 miles from one of our bases and the sodleirs reported them to look to be dropping bombs. This was one of those long range bomber flight. Reports say they were off course...but of course, and they don't notice it? An d continue their practice flight? Hm...

Tom Clancy, my idol pretty much, stated that around 2010 our countries would be on the brink of yet another World War and that in this war it would be numbers and rescources that owuld matter most. The war would start with an allance against the U.S., such as the Cuban Pact of the Russian-Chinese Alliance. He also says how the only threats we, or the world in general have, are the Chinese and Russians because of shere numbers. If we were to have a slight chance, our soldiers would have to have a 1:80 kill ratio for our average foot sdoldier...our average foot sodliers have a 1:20 kill ratio. He also stated that they would mmost likely attack Europe with a follow up attack on the Continental United States, by doing so they would make us spread ourselves out, meaning we would then need a 1:120 kill ratio to hold them off.

Now, the only issue, is how they get over here. Chinese sweat shops have shown an increase i nthe production of boats that could possibly be used to corss the Atlantic, and this combined with the new Russian territories linking them with the north Pole which leads down to our East Coast, we are at risk.

So, not saying they will do this, but there is an extremely extremely high risk right now. And even if a few million soldiers comming towards you isnt enogugh (their initial invasion force would be roughly 120million-200million soldiers) the main risk would be how we'ld have to combat this. The only way we can do this, is a nuclear strike. And, as you know, 1 nuke brings 15. As soon as a country sees a nuke i nthe air, they freak and send theirs, and then another sends theirs, and so the cycle continues until the bibilical and Myan "End of Times".

Now, getting religious. The Myan Claender predeicts the end of times to be 2012, oddly enough, this would be just 2-3 years into WWIII if it were to start sooner than predicted. THe end of times would be when we are set back to the stone age, all knowledge, control of the environment, etc is gone which is what would happen if 20+ nukes were to be detonated.

So, discuss, what do you think will happen in the next few years? Do you think we're at risk? Or do you think I'm a paranoid [wagon] that should go make a hole and bury myself alive in it?

"Stupid is smart you dumb n00b." - noob in lumbridge

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think there will be another world war for quite a while, but there may be gulf wars like to one that we had around the 1990's, or the one in Iraq at the moment.

I cant really imagine us going through what the people went through in the early 1900's, but yet again, these are more modern days.

Heres the wiki link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor

"In 2015, Russia launches a nuclear strike against the major cities in the United States (which is the "other side" of the civil war from my perspective), China and Europe. The United States counter attacks. The US cities are destroyed along with the AFE (American Federal Empire)...thus we (in the country) won. The European Union and China were also destroyed."

Some part of it about Russia and China

k9999-crazyarm.gif

The Russians and the Chinese?

Like hell they are. They trust the US and EU combined more than each other.

Haha, yeah I know :)

If you're a Tom Clancy fan have you read The Bear and the Dragon? That's about a war between China and Russia over resources, and in my mind that's far more likely to happen than some great big conspiracy against the US (particularly since the US is probably the biggest market for Chinese exports).

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

One word: Doubt it, wait that's two.

This will be done diplomatically. I doubt the UN and other various countries want TWO nuclear powered countries fighting each other (I don't think China has nukes do they? I forget.) Because if they do, America and Russia would launch Nukes and then the other countries probably would launch theirs, the world goes bye bye!

There is always fighting, but I doubt there will be anything along the lines of a World War. Stop being one of those people who piece together some information to come up with an idea.

And by the way, the Chinese and Russians have for quite some time trained together and whatnot, considering China is still mostly Communist (Though it's beginning to go away). So hush please. -.-

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

One word: Doubt it, wait that's two.

This will be done diplomatically. I doubt the UN and other various countries want TWO nuclear powered countries fighting each other (I don't think China has nukes do they? I forget.) Because if they do, America and Russia would launch Nukes and then the other countries probably would launch theirs, the world goes bye bye!

There is always fighting, but I doubt there will be anything along the lines of a World War. Stop being one of those people who piece together some information to come up with an idea.

And by the way, the Chinese and Russians have for quite some time trained together and whatnot, considering China is still mostly Communist (Though it's beginning to go away). So hush please. -.-

Isnt that what I said? :-s

china have begun making anti satalite missiles :/ which worries the US alot because they more or less rely soley on satilite, imagery, ect expecially the armed forces. see if those missiles where sent. the americans would be fooked

We couldn't have a "world war" on any scale world war 1 and 2 were because countries like america are so powerful it would be over extremely quickly if they wanted. I think the fact that so many countries have weapons of mass destruction means we will always be in a sort of "cold war" where no country would risk starting a war unless its america trying to change the east when thats impossible. :roll:

If USA confronted the obvious problems at home they'd be so much better off than going to other countries and trying to westernise them.

If you think it would be over quickly, select_a_use, then why is it that America, with all it's technical advances, can't flush out rebels in a country which is practically desert? *cough*Iraq*cough* *cough*Afganistan*cough*

War over quickly? [cabbage], polish rebels held off an advancing army for a long [wagon] time and they were greatly behind on both man-power and weapons at their disposal.

Any war will only be over quickly if on side strategically drops nuclear missles in such a way that every part of the country being attacked suffered under the blast or the radiation.

The "Mayan Calender apocalypse" seems to change from year to year :-k

It's not an apocolypse first of all, and its 2012 as stated as being the end of times.

The end of timies is when the clock is turned back, a nuclear war would cause this as all knowledge and power over the evnironment (look into the Mayan table) would be lost, and we would be back in the stone age. Thus, the end of times.

The end of the word is like 3000 something.

If you think it would be over quickly, select_a_use, then why is it that America, with all it's technical advances, can't flush out rebels in a country which is practically desert? *cough*Iraq*cough* *cough*Afganistan*cough*

War over quickly? [cabbage], polish rebels held off an advancing army for a long [wagon] time and they were greatly behind on both man-power and weapons at their disposal.

Any war will only be over quickly if on side strategically drops nuclear missles in such a way that every part of the country being attacked suffered under the blast or the radiation.

I had a paper, which I'm changing which tlaked about all this. In it we were attacked by russia and were forced to nuke California before advancing with our feww soldiers left. It would take 2-3 nukes to do so though, and as we began our assault, they dropped 1 on us, takig ot a large chunk of our forces, and thus the nuclear war started.

Ya, I'm pretty sure they would have to be real nice about this, because if they hit Canada.... They are gonna have a lot of pissed off countries....

Canada would be neutral unless directly attacked and therefore, Russia won't touch them or I highly doubt it. Canada has always had a very nice neutral kind way of dealing with foreign affaris (I personally admikre their government and how everything is set up there, I just don't like the placement of Canada being extrmeely cold).

I had a paper, which I'm changing which tlaked about all this. In it we were attacked by russia and were forced to nuke California before advancing with our feww soldiers left. It would take 2-3 nukes to do so though, and as we began our assault, they dropped 1 on us, takig ot a large chunk of our forces, and thus the nuclear war started.

Why would you send your troops against what you imply to be a numerically superior foe, especially in such a way that their approach can be detected and they are in a large enough mass to be affected by a single nuclear weapon?

This isn't the 1800s anymore. Infantry don't advance in Napoleonic ranks and files, and they certainly don't move around in huge crowds without ample cover.

Taking two or three nuclear weapons to nuke California? Sure, if you only wanted to remove two or three cities.

If Russia wanted to invade you, it'd do so across the Bering Sea and through Alaska, if it even came to that.

If this actually happened, the US would be pretty screwed. The only real solution I can think of is to bomb the crap out of both places as a first strike, before they can get organized. Or go into a defensive stand, not allowing any planes/troops in.

P.S. Tom Clancy is awesome.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Any war between superpowers will be fought through politics. I dont think we'll ever see a nuclear bomb go off at the hands of a superpower or any superpower attacking another through brute force again.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I think there's a high chance of that happening. It just makes me laugh how people go about their daily lives thinking all this will last forever, thinking nothing is happening. Wrong, a lot of things are happening, all there for you to see, all you have to do is understand how they connect to eachothers, and then you'd see what we're going towards is self-destruction. Oh right... You don't care because you'll be 'dead when that happens'? No.

2480+ total