WWIII - Oh teh noes...

M_D_K_48117

Doesn't look too secret IMO and not even too surprising (but definately not acceptable!) Estonia is after all part of the old USSR, the smallest NATO country that has boarder with Russia and close to St. Petersburg.

Say Russia did attack Estonia (Lithuania or Latvia). Do you think NATO would really be all that helpful? As much as I agree NATO is a good idea, I'm partial to trusting they'll do any better job than the UN if something like this were to occur.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

themaskedman... nato is oblied to declare war against any country that attacks one of it's members... So if russia would attack estonia, then you would have it going, with most west-european countries and usa (and some more) countries having to declare war against russia.

But of the same reason, Russia would never dare to go to war against any Nato country. But Russia does have an enormous influence in Estonia, and pushes the country quite much...

Just to have this said, Russia have started to have a little more aggressive behavour the last year. Where recognising aircrafts have flighted very long down the norwegian coast, before they have turned around. There was a bigger topic in the television in Norway for just a month or two ago, about just this.

Scherzo.png

Anyone who thinks the US can be overpowered by another country needs a reality check

You need a reality check.

----

My mistake meol for number 8, got carried away. Anyways, any of those could provoke war easily. How many wars/fights have begun by something less stupid?

Say Russia did attack Estonia (Lithuania or Latvia). Do you think NATO would really be all that helpful? As much as I agree NATO is a good idea, I'm partial to trusting they'll do any better job than the UN if something like this were to occur.

Most likely wouldn't go for a full war with Russia, only start boycotts of their goods and politically pressure them. Also few units could be sent there as it's a "promise for the NATO countries". If you think it in a realistic way, it just isn't worth it for USA to go to a war with Russia just because one or two small boarder nations. A political hit is better than risking with a nuclear war.

Anyone who thinks the US can be overpowered by another country needs a reality check

Like it would really matter can you destroy this planet X times instead of Y times when both of those symbol equal for number bigger than 1... Just because USA is more powerful than Russia, it doesn't mean they'd survive as winners from that war.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

...but the U.S. can never, never actually get invaded and taken over.

But, they can be defeated by a not-so-country, or very early country in the making, twice, and be pushed back. So I wouldn't use never, then use it again in bolded. Yes we've gone a long way since then, and everything would probably be different variables, but history does prove things.

We're(As in the U.S.-.-) friends with Russia and China? In case you didn't notice, Russians have made tons of protests against Americans(CNN, I"ll try and look for a website link...). The Chinese? I'm sorry but there's way to much of things there. I'm Canadian, and I know America and China, or Russia are not on good terms.

I'd also like to mention, if they go to the bottom of the seabed, and were there for a year, they can be heard by new technology of Russia's, and I'm sure Russia would give China the tech to find subs. Also, besides the human element, subs bottom of the sea floor, are still vulnerable to natural variables, such as underground volcanoes, earthquakes, and strong under-water currents, which can exceed 1.3k mph. They would be found, or most of them, and if they slip through not hurt, they would eventually die, or be captured, with, or without a fight. If the Country fell, so would any connections, over due time.

"I'd also like to mention, if they go to the bottom of the seabed, and were there for a year, they can be heard by new technology of Russia's"

Thats BS. A sub resting on the bottom of the ocean makes NO NOISE. It's engine isn't even running.

Saying the Russian's can hear a sub that is on the bottom is like saying the Russians can hear a car that is turned off just sitting in the garage.

And where do you think China/Russia/the US are not on good terms? Yes there was that little stand off with Russia and the missile placement in Europe, but that is hardly enough to start a war. That's like saying that since your brother ate the last cookie at dinner you are going to kill him :roll:

China also, at it's current state would not attack the U.S. China is getting something like 80% of its money from the U.S. in trade, if it declared war the economy would collapse. In 20 or so years the situation will probably have changed... but currently discussing a China/US war is comical.

Oh and as for China actually invading the US... you don't live in the US do you? You think Iraqis are a bad insurgency? Do you have any idea how patriotic Americans are? More importantly, do you know how much land the US has compared to other countries that were invaded such as Germany or Iraq? Yea, good luck trying to patrol all the entire continent China, have fun with that.

Oh and don't forget the whole "right to bear arms" thing. If a war was breaking out more than half the country more would go and buy a gun. Let's review, 2.3 billion acres and 300 million patriotic, gun wielding citizens, willing to die. If China pulls that one of, I'd give them a dollar.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

You really think the US can be overpowered by China/Russia?

Yes.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

we are more likely to all die from a comet hitting earth than world war... oh and we have one on our way thats destined to hit earth in april of 2037 (10% chance actually, saw it on a researched tv show). and if it does miss us, its supposed to come back 7 years to the exact date and actually hit us. we (as the world) should be worried about how we're going to get rid of this life-ending comet then [bleep]in world war

Yes, and I never specified any country, you just assumed I did.

--

Its called the noise from the humans themselves, they can be heard with sonar technology. And its been proven(discrediting this is very high, since I have no links).

You keep going back to good terms, then relating it to start a war? That missile location is certainly enough to set the mood off. Not a war, but certainly set the moods off.

Comical China alone invades the U.S. yes, but not so much Russia+China in a few years(10).

No, I don't live in the U.S., but I certainly keep up with the so called war on terrorism. Bad insurgencies? Someones been listening to the media too much. I never went on about the patriotic art of American citizens. Yes, they would go buy guns, and defend themselves to death and beyond. If China were to invade, America would have 4-5 days to stock up, enough time to get the citizens ready to defend themselves, and probably long enough for allied countries to come in and help. I never really said America could be taken lightly, or at all, but I was going through one scenario which would be highly unlikely, and may, or may not work.

Btw, I'm not some dope who knows nothing about Iraq 'groups', or terror 'groups'.

We're debating an illogical war with current times. If this war would take place in 10-20 years, guns wouldn't be enough to stop invaders.

Yes, and I never specified any country, you just assumed I did.

Based on the thread and your posts... where's the assumption?

Stop being vague then, what country can overpower the US?

If China were to invade,

It cannot invade. China could have a billion soldiers and it wouldn't be able to invade the US.

There's no country that can arm themselves and invade the US.

I don't know, but America isn't unbeatable. U.S. isn't some country that can't be defeated, if you think that, your in the wrong reality.

Lol, yes, right now? It's unbeatable

There's a reason why America spends the most on military. They have control over the skies and the seas. When I said no country can invade because there's really no other country that can rival America's...

Well, just look

carriers1ke7.gif

Imagine each of those capable of..

aircraftcarriertipsasitjf0.jpg

800px-Principe-de-Asturias_Wasp_Forrestal_Invincible_1991_DN-ST-92-01129s.jpg

lol.

I obviously can't change your mind. Yes America has a lot of advantages, but they aren't unbeatable. There's many examples throughout history that show having the numbers doesn't mean a win.

The story of David and Galieth(sp?) is a good metaphor to put here.

Aircraft carriers aren't everything. Besides, Russia's submarine fleet is far superior to ours. The EU could probably overpower us, even though they aren't a country.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

China and Russia are natural rivals. China wants Siberia and Russia wants China's warm-water ports.

But global warming will probably lessen those tensions, as Russia's arctic ports start remaining open year-round.

I don't fret about another World War breaking out. What worries me is that some pipsqueak country like North Korea might develop a rocket strong enough to place an EMP device over the US.

Please note that EMP devices do not have to be nuclear.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

There are several points in the world that could screw up our lives if there was a war. Obviously, the fact that China makes many things we use. But there is also the trouble that there are still terrorists targets in the world. One example is Niagara Falls power plant. It would do a lot more damage to the world if it was wiped up. The water plant along the Canada/US borderline by Niagara Falls uses the falls as a source of electrical energy. During 9/11, those areas were evacuated because they were very dangerous to the US. if they were wiped out, practically the whole East coast would be out of power. If WWIII occured, that could be one of the huge targets of terrorism. Plus we got north korea who are "testing" their missiles. And I'm sure other countries that little attention was paid to can easily become our worst enemies. Iran relationships with the US can be next on the chopping board.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Aircraft carriers aren't everything. Besides, Russia's submarine fleet is far superior to ours. The EU could probably overpower us, even though they aren't a country.

Superior? :lol: Russia has been crap since the collapse of the Soviet Union. They are nowhere near what they were during the Cold War

lol.

I obviously can't change your mind. Yes America has a lot of advantages, but they aren't unbeatable. There's many examples throughout history that show having the numbers doesn't mean a win.

Wait, you're whining about the USA having a numerical advantage against Russia and/or China?

Need I remind you what Russia has a habit of doing with its troops? Or how many more people are in China than in America?

lol.

Wait, you're whining about the USA having a numerical advantage against Russia and/or China?

Need I remind you what Russia has a habit of doing with its troops? Or how many more people are in China than in America?

I really need to work on rephrasing my words. By numbers I meant machinery, not troops. Btw, whining is a strong word, and I really don't think I'm whining. Also if you had read some of my previous posts you would know, I already know of the number advantage of troops very well. :wink:

China and Russia are natural rivals. China wants Siberia and Russia wants China's warm-water ports.

But global warming will probably lessen those tensions, as Russia's arctic ports start remaining open year-round.

I don't fret about another World War breaking out. What worries me is that some pipsqueak country like North Korea might develop a rocket strong enough to place an EMP device over the US.

Please note that EMP devices do not have to be nuclear.

Why do you even bother with North Korea? All the US has to do is stop South Korea from sending them food and they're screwed.

[hide=Quote Tower]

I don't know, but America isn't unbeatable. U.S. isn't some country that can't be defeated, if you think that, your in the wrong reality.

There's a reason why America spends the most on military. They have control over the skies and the seas. When I said no country can invade because there's really no other country that can rival America's...

Well, just look

carriers1ke7.gif

[/hide]

4mhcoyf.jpg

Nice little toy ships you got there mister USA. Oh these? These are just my atomic bombs.

[hide=Quote Tower]

Well, just look

carriers1ke7.gif

[/hide]

4mhcoyf.jpg

Nice little toy ships you got there mister USA. Oh these? These are just my atomic bombs.

Yes, because dropping atomic bombs on ships makes perfect sense.

happiehour.jpeg