WWIII - Oh teh noes...

M_D_K_48117

[hide=Quote Tower]

Stop being vague then, what country can overpower the US?

I don't know, but America isn't unbeatable. U.S. isn't some country that can't be defeated, if you think that, your in the wrong reality.

Lol, yes, right now? It's unbeatable

There's a reason why America spends the most on military. They have control over the skies and the seas. When I said no country can invade because there's really no other country that can rival America's...

Well, just look

carriers1ke7.gif

Imagine each of those capable of..

aircraftcarriertipsasitjf0.jpg

800px-Principe-de-Asturias_Wasp_Forrestal_Invincible_1991_DN-ST-92-01129s.jpg

[/hide]

4mhcoyf.jpg

Nice little toy ships you got there mister USA. Oh these? These are just my atomic bombs.

Yes, because dropping atomic bombs on ships makes perfect sense.

its effective, would kill most if not all people on board (those pilots arnt trained cheap) and would make the carrier unusable if not completly destroyed. Drop a large nuke on a convoy and you have a lot of dead personnel.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its effective, would kill most if not all people on board (those pilots arnt trained cheap) and would make the carrier unusable if not completly destroyed. Drop a large nuke on a convoy and you have a lot of dead personnel.

Pray tell, how would you deliver a nuclear device with that sort of accuracy?

dosent have to hit it exactly on target, half a mile radius would still kill most people.

also you can use bombers

Bombers.

You want to use bombers.

Against a CBG.

Think about that for a few minutes.

[hide=Quote Tower]

I don't know, but America isn't unbeatable. U.S. isn't some country that can't be defeated, if you think that, your in the wrong reality.

There's a reason why America spends the most on military. They have control over the skies and the seas. When I said no country can invade because there's really no other country that can rival America's...

Well, just look

carriers1ke7.gif

[/hide]

4mhcoyf.jpg

Nice little toy ships you got there mister USA. Oh these? These are just my atomic bombs.

:uhh: I don't know if you're being sarcastic or just plain stupid, but those "little toy ships" have their own armament of atomic bombs

Here's another hint, you know those "little toy ships", they're not powered by diesel. They have nuclear reactors that would allow them to set sail for 20 years continuously without needing to refuel.

Here's another hint, you know it's range of attack? It's limited by how far a jet fighter can fly.

Oh wait, I'm not done yet. Those are JUST the aircraft carriers. We're not even putting into the equation the rest of the US' naval power.

Cruisers, Destroyers, etc.

Just one of those capable of this

470px-BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_USN.jpg

I don't live on the US, I don't love the US, but there's a reason why they're the only superpower now. There's a reason why they outspend every other country in military spending. You're not just being blind if you still think another country could overpower the US, it's just being ignorant.

Why do you even bother with North Korea? All the US has to do is stop South Korea from sending them food and they're screwed.

Because any country that can launch their own satellites in orbit is a threat to the security of every country on Earth with an E-bomb.

North Korea has claimed to launch a satellite in the late 1990s, but we have determined this to be propaganda.

What good is a nuke without a means to deliver it? Not a lot.

But with a delivery system you can send very harmful things anywhere in the world, both nuclear and non-nuclear.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

dosent have to hit it exactly on target, half a mile radius would still kill most people.

also you can use bombers

Bombers.

You want to use bombers.

Against a CBG.

Think about that for a few minutes.

the chinese and russia have announced plans for stealth aircraft, whether these would get past naval radar i dont know. if you get the convoy on radar, you can get the speed, location and direction of it. using that you could estimate where the convoy will be in the time for missle strike to reach it. making it pretty accurate if the ships stay on the same course.

There is no power in the world which could hope to take on the U.S. in any kind of theatre scale operations.

Granted, they don't seem to have a clue how to fight small scale guerrilla type insurgency armies, but the Russians and Chinese, even combined would be mad to try and take on the U.S. They'd stand to lose far too much.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Ok, mabye im wrong, but the reason i said it doesnt make sense is because wouldnt they just send targeted cruise missiles at the ship instead of wasting a perfectly good atomoic bomb? And both sides do have stealth bombers, to my knowledge.

Hows the whole shooting bombs/missiles out of the air with lasers coming along also? I know its not complete but im curious.

and @ assassin, the iraq operation is almost impossible to fight, by any army, just like vietnam.

happiehour.jpeg

Why do you even bother with North Korea? All the US has to do is stop South Korea from sending them food and they're screwed.

Because any country that can launch their own satellites in orbit is a threat to the security of every country on Earth with an E-bomb.

North Korea has claimed to launch a satellite in the late 1990s, but we have determined this to be propaganda.

What good is a nuke without a means to deliver it? Not a lot.

But with a delivery system you can send very harmful things anywhere in the world, both nuclear and non-nuclear.

North Korea is full of hot air. All they want is attention because Kim Jong Il is lonely. Remember several months ago when they were testing 'long range' missiles?

If they can't even develop a long range system that would hit Japan, what hope do they have of sending something to space?

Wait, are you saying China would spend nukes on the navy :lol:

Yes, China will spend 20 of it's 100 nuclear warheads on ships. Therefore giving the US permission to use its 5,000+ nuclear weapons on China. The stupidest, stupidest thing China could do is use nukes. Not only would it suck for both sides, but China has more dense cities, less nukes, and less precise delivery systems on it's nukes.

And as someone above said... send bombers to a Carrier Battle Group? :shock: I mean, I know nukes don't have to be precise or anything, but even if you ignore the aircraft carrier's planes it's still impossible to get even close to the ships. I mentioned the AEGIS ships before, but I don't think many people here know what they are. They are anti-air ships packing radars of unbelievable power. They can detect a basketball from 150 miles away. They can detect a bomber from well over 1,200 miles away. Chicago is 690 miles from New York. Sending bombers to attack a carrier? Yea... about that... Notice how whenever China gets pissed with Taiwan and threatens to invade the island, the US sends one aircraft carrier to the region, and China stands down? Yes, one aircraft carrier, let alone 20.

And as far as stealth planes go, China has a few rumors or designs but nothing concrete. Again, in 20-40 years, maybe they will, but right now Both technology and number are in the US's favor when it comes to planes/ships.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

Ok, mabye im wrong, but the reason i said it doesnt make sense is because wouldnt they just send targeted cruise missiles at the ship instead of wasting a perfectly good atomoic bomb? And both sides do have stealth bombers, to my knowledge.

Hows the whole shooting bombs/missiles out of the air with lasers coming along also? I know its not complete but im curious.

and @ assassin, the iraq operation is almost impossible to fight, by any army, just like vietnam.

The B-2 stealth bomber

Exclusive to the US Air Force

I was talking about stealth bombers in general, I'm not sure if russia has one already, but they are developing one at the moment, due out 2011 or something around that, according to wikipedia.

happiehour.jpeg

I don't think Russia's going to be doing anything anytime soon. They haven't really recovered yet since their whole country went bust

And if Russia does do something, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be against the US. Western Europe should be the one worried once Russia gets its might back. That's why Russia got so pissed when the US deployed some defense system in Europe

IIRC, a few days ago, there were news of Russian bombers flying over British airspace.

And both sides do have stealth bombers, to my knowledge.

The B-2 stealth bomber

800px-B-2_Spirit_original.jpg

Exclusive to the US Air Force

Nice plane, let's not forget the stealth F-22

f22operationnele.jpg

and of course the stealth F-117

f117_01.jpg

WORLD STEALTH BOMBER LIST

US: Three

World: Zero

True, counties may have classified stealth planes we don't know about, and counties may be working on stealth planes. But even then, trust me, for every plane China is working on, the US is developing three.

Which actually reminds me, China was working on a stealth plane a few years ago. Want to know how the US found out? Russia told them. Russia has some prototype systems that can begin to detect low flying stealth planes. China apparently asked Russian agents if they could borrow some of the technology so they could use it to see how to build a stealth plane. Russia declined and the next day gave the Americans the entire conversation tape recorded. This actually hurt Russian security since it told told the Americans that the Russians had this new radar, but that just goes to show how much Russia hates China. Russia will do anything to keep China at bay, even if it means helping the Americans.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

[hide=Quote Tower]

Well, just look

carriers1ke7.gif

[/hide]

4mhcoyf.jpg

Yes, because dropping atomic bombs on ships makes perfect sense.

Wrong. Ther russian Strategy is this....

They have a nuclear sub, they launch a nuclear warhead, small one, about 5-10 miles above the american ships. The EMP from the explosion destroys all our comms and out ships are dead i nthe water, They take their hand powered sub, and go right under us. Nuke our cities and get back safe and sound.

"Stupid is smart you dumb n00b." - noob in lumbridge

China and Russia are natural rivals. China wants Siberia and Russia wants China's warm-water ports.

But global warming will probably lessen those tensions, as Russia's arctic ports start remaining open year-round.

I don't fret about another World War breaking out. What worries me is that some pipsqueak country like North Korea might develop a rocket strong enough to place an EMP device over the US.

Please note that EMP devices do not have to be nuclear.

South Korea doesn't send food to North Korea...

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I don't think China CAN mess with the USA. Their entire exsistence depends on the USA buying their junk they make, pretty much.

And besides, you want to attack America? Sorry, you're going to get your [wagon] kicked. We don't even need to call the Military in for this one, folks. Both coasts are well protected by civilians called "Rednecks" and "Gang Bangers". East and West, respectively.

But in all seriousness, if you attack America, you'll be fighting soldiers and civilians. We all have guns, and if you don't have one now, you can surely get one if someone were to attack us. I swear to God that if I wanted to RIGHT NOW, I could go buy an AR-15 from a guy I know for $150. It's not that difficult to find guns, and most people have them already. Hell, I never fire guns and am not interested in them at all, but even I have a 12 gauge and a .22 pistol.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Dude, we have nukes, our allies have nukes...F* guys. 12/15 countries that have nukes...like us. Plus, China's economy relies on the US.

yeah, our economy and china's are inter-related so tightly they would destroy themselves by attacking us. plus, russia and china dont trust each other in the least...just because their both quasi-commies doesnt mean they love each other, its much closer to the truth that they hate each others guts.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

I',m just glad I live in Canada, and am Canadian. A friendly country we are. 8-)

If the US got into a full scale war (not some pitiful thing like Iraq), and bush cheated his way through the polls, and was still president 2012+, and no one had shot him yet. The US would lose in my opinion. Russia+China, they are quite lethal and if done correctly could nuke America, with no counter strike back. You just don't nuke a country, you cut off resources, cut off power, cut off internet cords, direct your air pollution towards the target, direct waste into their waters, 'accidently spill some acid, or disease in the water'...

I don't mean blantly cut off the resources, it would be way more simple to buy the resources for a higher price over a 7 year period, then when they start to realise their resources are gone, they become more desperate, and either buy higher, or make in country.

Also, everything I listed should be spread very thin across a 20 year period, or 30. Then start moving in, not too fast, very slow, start putting in some special forces as immigrants, smuggle in guns+other things. Start making trade routes, so your not huffing your way through, start planning, plan through plan A to plan Z.

Have key inside bases. stock up on supplies(dried food, which can last an entire battalion for 3 years, or more.

--

Sneak in, go by the sky in anti-radar planes, don't drop in amounts of thousands, but drop in by hundreds, go through Canada, and past the Canada-U.S. border(its unguarded, or sort of...) Set up bases in Montana underneath the ground. Start re-assorting machinary. Then attack from the south-west of U.S. Take out military basis on the coast, and inner-coast. Sneak special forces into a main power grid facility, take out power, the power grid is vulnerable. Then once you get half of the country(the land, not people), under seizge, start moving east towards california. When that diversion is there, take out the thousands from the ground and quickly move east to New York. Then if China, was allied, their forces could move across the pacific, and well, with New york under attack, and south west U.S. and all the cities towards california being attacked, the U.S. will launch missiles to Russia, where they can be intercepted by China, or home-defense machinary...

If you start now, by 2040 you could take out the U.S. ^^

BTW, this is a rough idea, and I have no idea if its possible, but it seems logical...

Good god, you're a criminal mastermind! :shock:

But I don't trust Canada, to be honest. And that is why ^^ :P

But a war, now? How about we just make a rocket to drag the Earth into the Sun?

Yeah, but I don't exactly feel like going back to stone tools for my 8th arm :P A war on such a scale in modern times would screw us all over, so...Yeah, people are a bit smarter than that.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I wasn't talking about dropping atomic bombs on naval ships lol.

The statement was that no country could overpower the US, maybe not in a head-to-head battle using only traditional weapons, but with nukes and atomic bombs of course Russia or China could "over-power" the US. The US could be completely annihilated in a war, it would just require the whole world to be destroyed in the process.