Age Oriented Worlds?

bestsob

Isn't that what we're all waiting for? A chance to play the game with people of similar age, intellect, maturity, etc.?

Personally I can't wait until there are age oriented worlds.

The chance to play with someone who is as mature as I am sounds great.

Thoughts on this?

thhah.gif

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good idea, but tbh i dont c how they could make it work

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Of course people wouldn't exact follow the rules, but knowing you're in a world where the majority of people are similar in age would be good. I'm 16, I just want a more mature world to play in.
thhah.gif

Naw i dont think thats a good idea, you can have 17 year olds who have the maturity as of an 11 year and vis versa. Ive met 12 year olds who are very mature compared to some people.( and to be honest i bet a riot would start) :XD:

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

goodbye Piman1053 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:05 pm

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

This isnt a bad idea however it wont have the "Amazing 100% success rate" that we all, or at least most of us including me, which that it would and could have. :?

First of those reasons being, people will lie about their age, and thats a problem as I dont see away that they can stop that.

Second, you cant forget to factor in the maturity lvls of which many different people develop at. I mean lets just face it there are a lot more people out there that cant ever seem to act there age and a whole lot more that do that will surprise you when they tell you they are only 14 or etc...

All in all...to sum this up, It would be a great idea to have implemented assuming that Jagex could make it work. But as it stands now, and the way it has been its likely to never happen :(

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Of course people wouldn't exact follow the rules, but knowing you're in a world where the majority of people are similar in age would be good. I'm 16, I just want a more mature world to play in.

you do realize, that by many standards, you are in a demographic that is considered immature by default :D

This would be interesting. Often times I'll deal with 3-4 people in a row who I can conclusively say are between the ages of 9 and 12 and it's a little unsettling

Also, in any given game, the general consensus is that the role playing servers will have slightly more mature people playing on them ( I haven't tried them out in RS yet though, I assume it holds true for the most part though)

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

I'd say big NO

maturity intellect etc have NOTHING to do with age once a child reaches mid to late teens anyway.

As for other points I have many friends across rs ranging from 13 yr olds to 4o somethings with families and children and the one thing we all love is the fact that agame like runescape allows us to interact with each other as in a normal social circumstance why would I be talking to 13 yr olds and middle aged women?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

i suppose if they asked for youre date of birth once you logged in only once ever then it might work.turning off chat filters or turning it off to a degree that its acceptable but people frequently lie when given an age gate either because they think theyre cool or believe theyre mature and responsible enought to play with older players.

never gonna happen in my oppnion

tifsdac6mc.gif

YES!..then maybe i wont be stuck with 11 year olds discussing politics... -.-

Probably won't work.

Some people lie and go to a 60+ world and act like a 60 year old saying 'Chuck Norris could eat a banana backwards lol' Or something like that..

Wat is up with the CN jokes on tipitchat?

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig

Bad idea. First, it'd cut off people's privacy in telling them what age they are. Second, there should be no such things in runescape. It's a game based on fun, age does not matter. If you think you're too "mature" to play along with everyone else, I think the one with the problem is you.

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

I like the idea, but it would never work. All the younger players would just go to the older player world to show that they're "cool" and to make people think that they're older than they're. So it would still be a lot of noobs where you don't want them :(

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

My general experiences have proven that the age group 13-18 is where the maturity begins to set in. As people progress through those ages they become more mature as more responsability from home, school, jobs are put upon them.

I would like to see age defined worlds but people would lie as there is no sure-fire way of telling and even still some people at older ages have an immature attitude online.

Doesn't mean to say I wouldn't like to see it, I'd like to have a more mature experience with players and not be told I'm a noob for telling someone where to buy a pot but the only place is far away <.<

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

Kids say they are over thirteen just to play this game. What makes you think an age-orientated world system would work? Besides, if you are irritated by immature idiots, then maybe your maturity isn't as high as you think it is. I also forsee another problem... some thirteen year old might decide to create an account, say his age is 30, then go to a 30 - 40 YO world and shout, "OMG NO-LIFE ADULTS PLAYING RUNESCAPE LOL!" And if the world-age system is not strictly enforced, ie. like themed worlds, then it would be even more pointless.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~