Into the Life of a Chinese Gold Farmer

Hydraweapon

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate what has come to runescape. But i cant help but pity the goldfarmers themselves.

I honestly dont blame a single goldfarmer, but the people that get kids to play games they dont want so they can sell pixels for money, and pay thier workers a pathetic salary. (aka the bosses)

Its life, but its wrong

sigsn9.jpg

I hate what has come to runescape. But i cant help but pity the goldfarmers themselves.

I honestly dont blame a single goldfarmer, but the people that get kids to play games they dont want so they can sell pixels for money, and pay thier workers a pathetic salary. (aka the bosses)

Its life, but its wrong

1+ I agree shows that they ruin the game to live, can't help but feel sorry for them.

The topic's moral: Don't just look on a situation from a single perspective. What may be right to you is not to others and vice versa. These people may be/are disrupting the game but they don't have much of a choice.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Sweatshop conditions, can't expect them to even have a chance of enjoying the game. Must be hellish conditions for them

I wouldn't go that far. Look at it this way, would you rather work in a shoe factory or coal mine doing manual labor 12 hours a day, 7 days a week... or would you rather work at a desk, sitting down somewhere indoors?

Excellent job Hydraweapon, that was a really cool idea to actually get to talk to one of them

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

Sweatshop conditions, can't expect them to even have a chance of enjoying the game. Must be hellish conditions for them

I wouldn't go that far. Look at it this way, would you rather work in a shoe factory or coal mine doing manual labor 12 hours a day, 7 days a week... or would you rather work at a desk, sitting down somewhere indoors?

Excellent job Hydraweapon, that was a really cool idea to actually get to talk to one of them

Well maybe I was a bit over the top but then again, it is quite possible that I am not. I was mainly talking about the fact that they get $25 a month which really can't give them much of a life style. I should of made that more clear :^o

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

They aren't kidnapped and forced to work as slaves you know....There is a lot of unfairness in China yes, but these people are ex farmers/peoples parents who were farmers, whos farm land has been turned into mines/power plants/luxury housing etc.. and now they live in the cities and get whatever job they can. This migration is natural in an industrialising country but the organization of the 'peoples party' and lack of civil liberties mean that its happening unbelievably quickly and with little thought for a few million people who have to struggle to be able to eat.

Still if people followed the rules and didn't buy gold then there wouldn't be this problem, really the blame is on these people who buy Runescape gold for money and the Chinese 'companies' that violate Jagex's intellectual property(game).

It really is unfortunate that people are forced to do a mind-numbing like farming, for 12 hours. Some of them don't even like RS one way or the other.

But where they are, it's either a bad job or no job.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I don't really feel sorry for them, Its not like they're being kidnapped and forced to work there. Not a lot of people like they're jobs, I don't like mine, but at least its something that pays. It also might not necessarily be a kid who is playing.

No witty signatures for me :(

Well maybe I was a bit over the top but then again, it is quite possible that I am not. I was mainly talking about the fact that they get $25 a month which really can't give them much of a life style. I should of made that more clear :^o

(From an American perspective)

I've said this many times before, and I'll say it again. What is $25? In America, $25 is minimum wage for 5 hours. You can buy half a tank of gas with it. However, you have no idea of the purchasing power $25 can have over there. $25 might be a comfortable wage to support a family. Until you have lived in the country or have a better idea of what $25 is in their country, you aren't informed enough to pass judgment of whether or not that is a "good" wage.

nh.jpg

Wow, this was very interesting to read. You can't help but feel bad that he hates the game but plays it to get cash. I'd love to see more. Blurr the name though..

By the way, anyone know what $23 a month = in other countries, like USA, Australia, etc?

Amazing Avatar by Lit0ua <3:

Lmfao thats kool

Do you speak chinese alot?

Very funny what was he doing?

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012