Do you put experience before the actual enjoyment and fun?

ewan

Training your skills can be bored like

1) hunting 46.5k red chins for a hunter cape

2) gilded altar-ing 100k+ d bones for a prayer cape

BUT some skills can be fun

1) if you're rich, barraging from 94 to 99 mage in cw is fun with noobs screaming "Farcaster n00b!!!!" and a free skill cape please? :D

2) if you're rich, red chins from 65 to 99 ranged in cw is fun with noobs screaming " Oh eM Gee w00t is that!!!!!"

3) fletching 100k+ yew longs for a fletching skill cape with friends chatting with you

4) cooking 100k+ lobs for a cooking skill cape with friends chatting with you

WHY ppl train bored skills then?

I guess people train bored skills 'cause its bored to train skills but it is fun to use high-level skills <---agree please <3:

1) with 99 attack+99 strength you can hit 40s easily

2) with 99 mage you rarely fail ice barrage even your target has high magic defence(full karil)

3) with 99 defence you can fight things without eating food often :-w

4) with 99 hitpoints you can operate your cape for a boost of hp! and also you won't get 1-hit by most monster / player \:D/

I'm f2p, there's not much fun to be found, but if I were a member, I would only get enough experience to do the things that I consider fun: quests, minigames, pking, etc.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I find grinding for that goal by getting xp then achieving that goal the funnest part of runescape so a mixture :P

Especially when it's something fun like 2k cw tickets

i agree, i find grinding to get to a certain skill level very fun, especially when you get a great sense of achievement once you completee your goal.

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

As I always say, "The fun is in the journey, not in the destination."

It is a lot more enjoyable making friends along a journey to making experience.

For instance, I am going for 99 Construction. The fun of going for the skill is all the friends and people I chat with during 99 Construction and my attempt to raise the cash through Runecrafting. Let me tell you, I have had LOADS of fun times Runecrafting. This is the journey. I had fun during the journey. Once I get 99 Construction, the destination, will I be happy? Yes, of course, but when I have my party and all my friends show up, I will be reminded about all the fun I had, not that I am getting the 99. I will be reminded about the fun stories that happened in my journey. It sure will be great getting the 99, but that's not what makes the fun. It would be no fun just snapping my fingures and magically being to where I want to go. It's fun if you have to actually work for it, actually earn it.

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

I think runescape is all about getting exp.

You can get exp in the fun way or you can get bored buy doing the same skill for weeks. I play for long time now and I almost never did the same skill over 3 days in a row (just remeber doing high alch for almost 4 days to get magic 99) and thats why I have total lvl 2034 with only 4 99s - I just do a little of each skill untill I get bored and start another skill. But I got all skills (except rc/hunting) 80+

I don't agree you need power-train one skill 24x7 just to say: I got XXXX cape. I think you should enjoy the game and train what u feel like training.

Visit my web-site http://www.saam007.com.

Where you can find: Runescape Home Designer, Runescape Farming Tool, Runescape Sudoku Solver and how to pay membership while playing.

I think you can enjoy the exp.

I'm training con, I don't find the training itself thrilling but it's a great feeling each time I level, and as I walk through my house I can see my efforts reflected by most of the items. I do the work for the end result, that's the funnest part of it, but you have to work to get there, if I didn't enjoy it I wouldn't train it.

The problem is you kinda need stats to be able to enjoy yourself in the first place...

agreed, but i think the grind time is worth the investment if you get some good fun out of it in the end. working to 99 attack just to have 99 attack isn't my bag, but to have it so you can have fun taking out a big monster is worth doing.

still if someone wants to just get those stats up of and for themself then its their gametime so its their call, don't understand ti myself but then they might not get my gametime habbits either.

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

well..i try to balance it, mostly by training slayer :D fun + xp (though yesterday's 186 Warped Tortoise task did triggered some suicidal thoughts)

every now and then i do some pure xp sessions (30 minutes in a row!!!)usually to get some quests requirments.

currently i am trying to get my wc to 71 at the seers and i can tell you i am realy suffering there.. :wall:

The ever so classic Exp

But if you apply that to some people, they'll stay at lvl 25 for a week then leave. But, if you get experience you get better stuff or money which can bring fun.

Sometimes you need to work to get fun. Having 5K isn't going to be enough to get runes to Anicent in Castle Wars, something I like to do. So, I need to RuneCraft or make money, which I don't really like. But with that done, I can get runes for anicenting which is fun.

My example does not apply to everyone, but it apply to me at least.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I find skilling, along with friends, to be the most enjoyable thing on Runescape. I find just standing around talking. non-productive, and it also seems to be more boring, than say woodcutting and talking, or fighting monsters and talking.

I have to agree however, that at first experience should take pririty, whilst you are really into the game, and you should work for the best items and stats you wish, so that when the reptitive training starts to seem a drag, you can go and have fun for a long time, doing min-games and such, whilst not having low stats to really not be able to play to the full potential and enjoy it.

- Iqrg

The journey has begun, and it is a path I must walk.

Occasionally enjoyment is derived from an achievement, regardless of whether the journey to the achievement was fun or not.

This time less pretentiously:getting the experience for 65 firemaking was dull and tedious, getting 65 firemaking made me happy because it was a goal I'd had for a while.