18 September 2007 - The ZMI Altar

Jeffery

In case anyone wants this:

1 hour trial with

66/67 rc

65 agil

running all the way, boosting energy with super energies.

result:

24798 xp in 1 hour, 1569 ess used @ 15.8 xp per essence

total costs:

207188gp, factoring in cost of banking, super energies, p ess at 100 each.

total revenue:

185140gp, very conservative estimates of prices (nats at 290)

trips taken to repair pouches: 1, natures were crafted during this trip

final summary:

- 22048 gp for 24798 xp ( - 0.889 gp / xp ) //

yes, less xp than what I was expecting, also small amount of money lost. xp rate probably will increase by about 27.5% with giant pouch, bringing it up to an estimated 31617 xp/h. at higher levels more better runes will be made, hopefully cutting the losses.

misc: rune breakdown -

Total: 1569 essence used

115 fires (7.3%)

104 earths (6.6%)

88 waters (5.6%)

71 mind (4.5%)

147 cosmics (9.4%)

156 chaos (9.9%)

276 natures (17.6%)

67 deaths (4.3%)

24 bloods (1.5%)

3 souls (0.2%)

*128 laws (8.2%)

*186 astrals (11.9%)

*Laws and astral counts are HEAVILY INACCURATE as I used about 4 astrals and 2 laws per run (tele to lunar and back). I maybe made about 38 trips, so the real count of astrals and laws were increased by 152 and 68 respectively to give the given numbers.

**Airs and bodies cannot be found due to me using these runes for banking.

As you can see, natures give the bulk of the money made on this altar.

=Proud member of the Order of Cabbage=

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as soon as i saw this update i didn't like the look of it, the last couple months ive been working on getting ready to go for 91rc maybe even 99 by running nats. i chose rc because its a skill i believe needs dedication to get 99 in, yet now with this alter it seams that ppl who just want a quick rc cape will get their wish. Will this prove to be true or will 99 rcing still be considered the same?

~~Death's Angel~~

Click for My Blog

as soon as i saw this update i didn't like the look of it, the last couple months ive been working on getting ready to go for 91rc maybe even 99 by running nats. i chose rc because its a skill i believe needs dedication to get 99 in, yet now with this alter it seams that ppl who just want a quick rc cape will get their wish. Will this prove to be true or will 99 rcing still be considered the same?

The xp rate is not that much faster from using a runecrafting company.

=Proud member of the Order of Cabbage=

if that is the case then that takes a weight off my mind, well either way i start my quest from 50 to 99rcing in about 11 days :) thanks for the info

~~Death's Angel~~

Click for My Blog

if that is the case then that takes a weight off my mind, well either way i start my quest from 50 to 99rcing in about 11 days :) thanks for the info

50 to 99 rcing? I wish you lots and lots of luck. When you're dead by doing too much runecrafting will you donate your organs to science please? :)

Thats a long way to go, unless you really love the skill, I don't think you can make it. But it doesn't hurt to try.

As for me? I didn't really like runecrafting anyway, this only means that if a quest with a rather high runecrafting requirement comes out ill be able to do it hopefully. Other then that its just blood and soul crafting, if I ever get bored and want some souls I'll go to this place.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Hey, Somebody answer to this questions:

1. To craft runes using this ZMI altar or we need some Talisman ?

2. Where is that man (NPC) which open bank for 20 runes? Or he near altar somewhere or he before path to altar ?

If i good understanded then:

1. I get some big pack of runes like Airs or Fires and ess and i run once to altar;

2. i craft runes at altar then i don't need to back using any path and near altar i meet man who get 20 runes for banking;

3. Give him 20 airs or fires and get new ess and craft again --> 2

Right ? please answer (had no time yet to test it and have not completed lunar diplomacy :) ).

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

The altar belongs to the Zamarok Mage Institute (hence Z.M.I.), not the moon clan. The moon clan only has unlocked a rift allowing access there via teleport. Completing Lunar Diplomacy only allows access to this rift. The altar is for all to use.

According to Baba Yaga's story, the moon clan has built all altars, including this one. The entrances to these altars were destroyed by the fremmenik in their war with the moon clan.

"Noob" is an insult. "Noob" is overused. Be polite. Try to say "noob" less than once a day.

Thank you.

Hey, Somebody answer to this questions:

1. To craft runes using this ZMI altar or we need some Talisman ?

You don't need a talisman.

2. Where is that man (NPC) which open bank for 20 runes? Or he near altar somewhere or he before path to altar ?

Just at the start of the dungeon, near the ladder. Before the path to the altar.

1. I get some big pack of runes like Airs or Fires and ess and i run once to altar;

2. i craft runes at altar then i don't need to back using any path and near altar i meet man who get 20 runes for banking;

3. Give him 20 airs or fires and get new ess and craft again --> 2

Yes. But I would advise against this. The lunar teleports are faster and you craft more than enough runes to keep using them.

"Noob" is an insult. "Noob" is overused. Be polite. Try to say "noob" less than once a day.

Thank you.

i still dont see the point in it, you waste your pure ess on random runes?

On EXPERIENCE.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

it's just a faster way of training :s. Power RC'ing. When you powermine, you drop the ores to right? Then what's the point to mine something and drop it straightaway?

Look at it that way :)

I know what I know and what I know might well not be what you want to know but then seeing as only I know what I know and you do not know what I know then you will not know if what I know is what you would like to know

I am a lvl 73 runecrafter.

When crafting runes at the new altar, I always get law runes (3 to 6) and astral runes (2 to 5). Good enough to teleport back to Lunar Isle! (I hold an earth staff, so dont need those runes). XP per round is about 700, with 3 pouches.

Greetings,

Highveener

It is not your highest level that counts... it is your lowest

75 runecrafting, followed by 74 prayer

I'm liking this alter

With lvl 70 rc I'm finding it v fast xp

plus I'm fairly sure my runes would cover costs

averaging about

4 laws

2 nats

2 blood

per trip

not to mention 30 souls in 1k ess. Not to bad since i find souls the rarest rune to get otherwise.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thanks so much for answers, i imagined then it a bit more easy, then we dont need to run to altar all the times and just accessing bank near altar.

I just suggest then we need to make compaign then some people training combat on agressive monsters which disturb rc'ers on the way in same way helping they to do rc things.

Then really need to do Lunar Diplomacy and go ahead, i wonder when i will try it because next few months i still will be busy with agility, but thanks for info anyway, i will keep it in mind.

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

I'm liking this alter

With lvl 70 rc I'm finding it v fast xp

plus I'm fairly sure my runes would cover costs

averaging about

4 laws

2 nats

2 blood

per trip

not to mention 30 souls in 1k ess. Not to bad since i find souls the rarest rune to get otherwise.

Buy Them?

quag.jpg

jordo20045.png

I like thi as I actually use most of the runes since i use all magics - lunar prob more than others, If i dont want to tele and use the bank provided i use my bodies which now have a purpose.

So if like me you use all magics then this is a useful thing, I am one that hates going to each altar to make the required runes and as my previous post I dont buy or mine my ess.

leebrave.png

Gorak Chronicles Ended, thinking of something new for next week

Experience certainly matters a lot for pro RCers, even those who only care about money. Remember, the REAL profits only come in at level 92 (when your net income from nature runs more than doubles [gross profit doubles while expenses stay the same]). Only at that level doing natures by far outweights any other RC moneymaking method.

Up to level 92, it is entirely logical for you to place exp before money, if you are in the RC business for the long haul.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?