18 September 2007 - The ZMI Altar

Jeffery

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont understand why people are saying rc is over, its quicker?

how is it quicker you have to teleport 3 times to get 1 run pathetic

Only 2 teleports. And one of them can be free if you use a glory.

[15] [@RuneScript]: *** [ END ]: You gained 14,791 runecraft exp in 25mins 20secs. That's 35,031 exp/h. Estimated time to level up: 4hrs 10mins 4secs.

That is with 83 rc, used moonclan tele to bank.

The runes i got are certainly enough to break even, around 200 laws per 900 essence, and even more deaths.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Lvl 73 runecrafting here.

Tried the new altar for a few minutes/couple of rounds.

Inventory:

* 3 pouches

* earth staff (wielded)

* 100 lunar runes

* 50 law runes

* fire runes (for payment)

It took me about 45 to 60 secs (depending on run-energy) to get to the altar. Craft, empty 2 pouches, craft again, empty 1 pouch, craft again.

Teleported using newest lunar spell and ran back to the entrance and climbed down the ladder. Banked all crafted runes and extracted pure essences. Essences in pouches, banked again to extract more essence for full inventory. Running and banking costed me another 45 to 60 secs.

Finished a full round in less than 2 minutes. Xp I got every round was about 700xp.

Maybe I will continue runecrafting at this new altar when I am lvl 75 runecrafting (more XP due to extra pouch). Cool thing about the new altar: you can craft blood runes and soul runes!

Greetings,

Highveener

It is not your highest level that counts... it is your lowest

75 runecrafting, followed by 74 prayer

Has this affected the price of nature runes at all? It may be too early to tell but if people are using this faster method it may make nature prices go up. I myself have 52k essence I was going to use to hit 70 Rc via natures. I might still do that because the cash is important to me at the moment.

I have one thinkg, and one thing only to tell JaGeX; "{Cabbage} You, thank you for making the countless hours I spent RCing about 2/3 slower."

Quit whining. It's not like this altar could be called the Pyramid Plunder of RC. If you thought that Jagex were never going to have an update to raise the abysmal exp/hour rate of runecrafting a bit, you have been extremely naive. They can't afford to have a skill wasting away. If you want things to stay the way they were, play a game that is not updated. There are plenty.

fantastic update.well it looks like this is how im gonna be traning my rc from now on.i have about 27k fire runes i got from slayering and power fire crafting so i can just use 20k or so of them to use the bank.

btw if wearing a piece of zammy clothing do you become safe to the monsters in the area?

tifsdac6mc.gif

I have one thinkg, and one thing only to tell JaGeX; "{Cabbage} You, thank you for making the countless hours I spent RCing about 2/3 slower."

Be happy! You now have unique boasting rights since you can say you got your cape the old way! It gives your cape even more value!

The rest of the community (and me especially :mrgreen: ) is very happy with this update, maybe it will finally get me to train rc

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

I doubt this will affect the price of natures, because keep in mind although more people will be using this instead of nat rcing there will also be more people each day able to do double nats that got there quicker by doing things this way.

I can get about 2K - 2.1K pure ess crafted this way in an hour, and have 87 rc. I'm very slightly making a profit by rcing this way, but there's the trouble of selling all the runes. Why even bother selling the basic runes though :P

Oh yeah at 87 rc I get about 30.4K xp an hour.

captain_poet.png

Some thoughts you may want to consider.

There is an altar next to the ladder. Use it. Use protect prayer, or if your really that "on", Piety.

There is moonclan teleport, and the runes you craft can make up for all, if not some, of the runes you need to teleport to moonclan and back. (Better if group tele service as some people have posted.)

Why waste time drinking super energy, filling pouches or eating food to regain lost hp at bank? Tele to moonclan, take all that stuff out, tele to the other place, and while you are running, fill those pouches, drink those energies and eat that food. Then bank at the 20 rune guy (use those lousy runes that yer never gonna use like bodies!) and deposit/withdraw stuff. Time saved for your 20 runes. Consider this.

=Proud member of the Order of Cabbage=

This sounds like a splendid update. Fast experience at the lost of not knowing what specific runes you will receive (aka: loss of mass money). Yes people complain that it could bring on more RC capes but it goes back to when Fletching was updated. Those that had capes before the string-x showed they had the mad clicking skills, even though there were going to be more capes being brought in. They got over it, so will the others (hopefully).

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Yeah, I'm sticking with Abyss RCing, I need the runes, not the xp. But for those who find RC 'boring' or 'troublesome' (SHAME ON YOU), its a great oppurtunity for you to increase your RC level! :XD:

The xp rate is good, people who initially were using Abyss to RC cause they found it fast and they didnt want to lose money off craft/run services might use this if you can break even off it.

It's about opportunity cost. People who are willing to sacrifice money for XP will shift away from abyss. Even law crafting on worlds like 66 may lose people if the xp rate is comparable, since they wont lose as much money.

=Proud member of the Order of Cabbage=