Do You know about Tip.It's official chat?!

Fudgy999

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always using Tip.It's in-game clan chat.

However, I do not frequent Tip.It's official IRC chat because it is full of spam, to the point where no actual discussion can take place.

It really isn't full of spam...

Tip.it's in-game clan chat is a LOT worse:

4m8qzhyhp7.jpg

6f78i7sjc2.jpg

Whatpulse!

213358.png

Here is a new and improved sig (Thanks to Ajc for letting me edit it a bit)

tipitchatrd0.gif

[url=http://forum.tip.it/chat.php][img=http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6285/tipitchatrd0.gif][/url]

Copy and paste that^^ into your sig! :thumbsup:

I don't know actually. I never takes time to log in into it. Often when I'm on Tip.it I'm logged in at RS at the same time, so I usually needs to concentrate on the game as I post or read here. And then it can be a little hard to check out the chat at the same time. But I will check it out more often now, after all the nice information :).

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Yeah, it took us quite a while to plan all this.

But mIRC is really useful, you can customize it to anyway you want (such as making it on top of every other window)...

I'll show you my screeny:

[hide=REALLY BIG SCREENY]untitled3da9.png[/hide]

It is far too complicated. I do not understand any of the commands or how to use them, or what they do. Strange symbols, scripts(whats a script? lol), bots, too much STUFF to understand and do. Clan chat is much better, even if there is spam. I usually use a private chat, it is much more simple, easier to use.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Clan chat is much better? Excuse me? Are you serious? Clan chat is BASED on a IRC, a rubbish one it is too, IRC can take a few minutes to get used to. It's not that complicated at all, IRC makes the clan chat look like something a toddler made.

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

All you need to know for IRC is how to type...and roughly 60% of the RS community know how to do that properly, so I really don't see the problem.

If it helps anyone feel better: you can get on to Tip It's IRC through SS as well.

The title of this thread asks us why we do not use Tip.its official irc chat, I answered with my reasons. The real reason of this thread seems to be to respond to everyone that prefers clan chat, and get them to use irc. :shame:

I prefer clan chat because it is simple, right there in my game screen, and easy to use. If you think that is childish, or my reasons are silly, then keep it to yourself.

Some prefer clan chat, some irc, some use both. I have tried irc and clan chat, and I will stick with clan chat.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

I've been there couple times checking out the channel. But even that I'm an active irc user I didn't really feel to get anything out of it. :| No point to connect new network just for one channel where I would just be on idle all the time. :)

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

I occasionally go on mIRC :wink:

The chatroom will never get spammed because we have a flood thing that kicks people out who post more than 6 lines in 10 seconds.

I have met lots of new people from IRC and the everyone pretty much knows everyone.

BUT, we only have one nub, and that is Sluggy. :P

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

IRC is so much better because you can actually say something without it getting censored or having to stop in the middle of a sentence because you have limited paragraph space. Also fewer noobs.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

:D :lol:

You used my pictures from tipitchat declines in your sigs <3:

I never noticed that :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: <3:<3:<3:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

The chatroom will never get spammed because we have a flood thing that kicks people out who post more than 6 lines in 10 seconds.

I have met lots of new people from IRC and the everyone pretty much knows everyone.

AND me when I get on! :lol:

It's fun when I'm on and like to chat. :)

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

I officially hate everyone on that "official tipit chat", they are rude as hell. I ask one question and they automatically ban me, and when I tell them they are the ones being rude, they ban me again. -.-

To mods if they read this: If you ban me you are just being as rude and hypocritical as the people there.

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

I officially hate everyone on that "official tipit chat", they are rude as hell. I ask one question and they automatically ban me, and when I tell them they are the ones being rude, they ban me again. -.-

To mods if they read this: If you ban me you are just being as rude and hypocritical as the people there.

to start with no one was rude except you

you was extremely rude,spammy and when i asked you to stop you DEMANDED someone responded to you. then when i kicked, and afterwards banned you for a minute, you carried on in another room.

not exactly asking "one" question in my eyes.

feel free to contact albosky/cruiser or any other irc op. via the pm system here. as they all have logs and was in the room to complain about me if you feel i did it in error

sluggy

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

yes jem - i love you very much too :thumbsup:

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

Yes the offical chat is much better if you don't like the clan chat flooding your ingame box.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Ive been in there once, (would of gone more but i have low ram) and it made me lag but i'm sorting it out so i can go back in :)

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

fruittt (fudgy) r nub. :shame:

I agree. :wink: But there's this other guy there named Raziel. He says he did a backflip on his scooter. No video, no proof :P :wink: :)

:P

If you are a REAL Tip.Iter, and want to get known a bit more, than IRC is the perfect place...

Even if you don't want to use the JavaChat or mIRC, you can use SS.

untitledyn1.jpg