Why Do Some Skillers Do This??

bubbyjoe2

Imagine this:

You want to help get rid of bots, so you to to free to play Rimmington. You report the first bot you see.

The next day, you see that you have 1 unread message. You check it, and it says you have abused the report system and have recived 2 blackmarks. #-o

Now this shocks you. That just had to be an autoer, It had the tan shirt and green pants, the bald head and the brown goatee. :wall:

It was actually a troublemaking skiller who TRIED to look like a bot in the hopes that someone would report him and get banned. :x

NOT ALL SKILLERS DO THIS!!!

There are many, MANY skillers that choose non-autoer names and train more than one skill.

Thank you. :)

I was thinking that trying to look like a bot just to get falsely reported and get the person banned should be against rule 9--

Encouraging others to break rules.

If this was added, it would throw that nuisance aside as well as gold farmers.

There would be drawbacks too.

With the real world item trading rule gone awry, anybody could be classed as a false bot.

Some people would also not know whether to report under rule 9 or rule 7.

Post if you support. If you don't, please provide a good and well thought out reason.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the things that bothers me since I have a habit of reporting bots. :twisted:

It would seem to me that in a sense Jagex wants to have it both ways. They want players to report autoers but on the other hand if you accidently report a skiller, you get a black mark? :shock:

Doesn't quite fill the bill in my opinion. I do try to make it a point to attempt to get a response from those that appear to be bots before reporting and hope for the best.

Tishala.png

That totally sucks. Recently I made a thread in which I painfully tried to explain why many people didn't report autoers. All the sheep swarmed in and said "report an autoer and problem solved." This is a PRIME example of why many people don;t do it. You were only trying to help, and what did you learn from all this? Don't report autoers, it's not worth the risk. Sorry about the black marks. That particular skiller was a lowlife. The next time someone thinks the clear sollution to the autoer problem is to report them, I'm going to direct them to this thread.

So are you trying to say that wearing default clothes and not training combat should be against the rules? That's ridiculous.

Many of default clothing skillers pick names like "pure wc ftw" or "Skillxnubx". (made up) So no, as long if you find some way to make yourself look like a skiller.

This is one of the things that bothers me since I have a habit of reporting bots. :twisted:

It would seem to me that in a sense Jagex wants to have it both ways. They want players to report autoers but on the other hand if you accidently report a skiller, you get a black mark? :shock:

Doesn't quite fill the bill in my opinion. I do try to make it a point to attempt to get a response from those that appear to be bots before reporting and hope for the best.

If a skiller was reported by accident and it was proven to fit all of the bot inpersonator qualifications, the reporter would go unpunished and the so called "bot" would get the punishment for breaking rule 9.

However, if a skiller was reported and it was obvious that it wasn't a bot, the reporter would get punished for false reporting.

The bot impersonator qualifications would be as follows:

-doesn't speak

-wears default clothes

-only the following skills trained:

-fishing

-woodcutting

-mining

-asian/random letter name (leet doesn't count)

-Runs from randoms rather than talking to them

-low combat level

If all of these were applicable to a skiller, then it would be breaking rule 9.

Jagex promised if you report someone for macroing that they you won't get harmed...... Unless it's like zezima or something like that.

They encourage you to report ALL suspected macros also.

But if they did do this they are noobs with no life........Why would u want to get someone 2 black marks thats crazy.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I was thinking that trying to look like a bot just to get falsely reported and get the person banned should be against rule 9

Is wearing the default clothes illegal? No.

Is not speaking illegal? No.

-doesn't speak

-wears default clothes

-fishing

-woodcutting

-mining

-low combat level

None of those things are illegal though! You don't have to talk, the clothes are there for anyone to pick, you can train any skills you want, you can have a random name, you don't have to talk to randoms, you don't have to train combat.

However, Jagex should not blackmark you for reporting them. But there's no way somebody with those attributes is breaking any rule.

- Dan

-doesn't speak

-wears default clothes

-fishing

-woodcutting

-mining

-low combat level

You are wrong.

Just because someone doesn't talk DOESN'T make them an autoer.

Just because someone wears default clothes DOESN'T make them an autoer.

Just because someone only has fishing, mining, woodcutting trained at the moment, DOESN'T make them an autoer.

Just because the name might seem asian DOESN'T make them an autoer.

Just becaue someone runs from randoms rather then talking to them, DOESN'T make them an autoer.

Just because someone is low combat level DOESN'T make them an autoer.

I think you need to actually learn how to detect an autoer before you go giving false "qualifications" of an autoer. Autoers move in certain ways usually a pre recorded routine. You have to watch them sometimes for a period of 30 minutes or more before you can tell.

I don't know why people are so fussed over them, Jagex has a detection system for repetitive movements in similar places etc so if they are autoing the detection system will get them.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

I dont agree either

Some skillers just dont bother changing thier clothes, allthough it would be nice if they did

And a lot of high lvl player's skillers have chat "off" because that what they do on thier main.

,,..-~`ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï\ Happy Mining /ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï`~-..,,

|______.\goldhawk co/.______|

Appeal Appeal Appeal Appeal Appeal.

tell jagex you where trying to be a good runescape citizen and help them with the war against bots.

tell them he shew characteristics that made you feel he might of been macro'ing, and you reported him because of it.

But Bots CAN speak.

there are scripts with auto-repliers that will respond to simple questions.

When a lvl 3 bald man named "suicheng245346" wearing green pants and a tan t shirt replies...

I ask him to say my username so I know he isn't a bot.

I don't see why people in this thread keep sticking up for lvl 3's that look like bots.

It's really stupid and thoughtless to make your skiller appear to others as if it could be a bot.

and your begging to be reported if you do that, so stfu about getting reported because anyone that is thoughtless enough to do so has it coming.

Whats the point of playing an mmo if your not going to express yourself or interact with other players?

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

Owner of Death Assembly, a 75+ rune pure / Tank Ranger clan.

Status: Currently stuck in f2p - with fr00bs asking me to do a skill cape emote, when I'm wearing a zamorak cloak. -.-'

When i sometimes go on my skiller I rather enjoy watching someone say at fishing guild (because my skiller pretty much just fishes) Everyone Report 'skiller's name'! because they've drawn suspicion upon me by reporting me for just being lvl 3, thus i enjoy hoping that they get black marked for their stupidity. Btw my skiller looks nothing like the default char reflected by the vast majority of the autoer population 8-)

mezsigka3.png

When i sometimes go on my skiller I rather enjoy watching someone say at fishing guild (because my skiller pretty much just fishes) Everyone Report 'skiller's name'! because they've drawn suspicion upon me by reporting me for just being lvl 3, thus i enjoy hoping that they get black marked for their stupidity. Btw my skiller looks nothing like the default char reflected by the vast majority of the autoer population 8-)

At least you do something that screams "I"M NOT AN AUTOER!"

Pretending to be an autoer to get other people in trouble wastes Jagex's time, the reporter's time, and slows the flow of banning autoers.

well its up to YOU to decide whether that guy is a bot or not...if you cant confirm, dont report as simple as that. and in your judgment do not make generalised sweeping statements such as those mentioned above such as: all bots wear the usual clothes, all bots only train certain skills, all bots have low combat lvls etc etc. if you generalise like that and don't make any effort to confirm your hypothesis then who can you blame? you cant go around reporting any random person you think looks like a bot...THAT would be unfair...

don't get me wrong...i hate bots and that has stopped me from cutting yews in f2p worlds...just that everyone should have a freedom of expression so be a little more careful before you report them...for example i always add them and pm them first and warn them that if they dont reply ill report them before actually reporting them so that jagex will have the log of what actually happened.

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

I dont agree either

Some skillers just dont bother changing thier clothes, allthough it would be nice if they did

And a lot of high lvl player's skillers have chat "off" because that what they do on thier main.

Maybe they just have a bad fashion sense? :lol:

You can't just report the first person in default clothing on the basis that they could be an autoer. On the other hand, you thought it was a bot, so there's no harm done, and it's hardly a reason to get blackmarks for. I say you should appeal.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I am surprised that Jagex doesn't handle the reporting of autoers in the following way.

All reports of players being autoers are handled by a script or program that does the following:

If a particular player is reported as an autoer, his "autoer flag" is incremented by one.

If the "autoer flag" of a particular player reaches 10, this means that 10 independent players felt that this player was an autoer. The player is now flagged as a "probable autoer". The "probable autoer" threshold can be adjusted up or down as needed.

Once a player is flagged as such, the case is either examined by a human or is subjected to a series of more careful (and resource intensive) checks.

viral_wulf.png

zomg hai lang :D

weird coincidence?

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

Owner of Death Assembly, a 75+ rune pure / Tank Ranger clan.

Status: Currently stuck in f2p - with fr00bs asking me to do a skill cape emote, when I'm wearing a zamorak cloak. -.-'